Feile Peil 2007

Started by magpie seanie, June 20, 2007, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Leitrim hosting this year with the assistance of Sligo and Roscommon. Our club are hosting St Lomans, Westmeath boys and St. Peters, Armagh girls. Anyone heading over our direction?

northsideboy

Hope that all have a great weekend. Any idea on the fancied teams? Heres hoping that Raheny can make it a Dublin double but I'm sure that there are plenty of fine teams there.

rrhf

Magpie is that St Marys Sligo.  We beat you guys in the 1988 final.   

Owenmoresider

Quote from: rrhf on June 28, 2007, 12:44:32 PM
Magpie is that St Marys Sligo.  We beat you guys in the 1988 final.   
You could do with this sir, after that suggestion...

PS - it's actually Coolera. They won the thing in 1990 IIRC. We're hosting a team too, but I'll have to check which one.

magpie seanie

QuoteMagpie is that St Marys Sligo.  We beat you guys in the 1988 final.

Wash your mouth out! St Mary's are our "nearest and dearest" rivals.

My club, Coolera/Strandhill represented Sligo in 1989 (lost Sligo final to Owenmore Gaels but they didn't go for some reason), 1990 and 1991 and won our section in 1990.

Declan

Seanie. Hope the weekend goes great. We've been lucky enough over the last few years to be there and they are usually fantastic events. Look out for Ratoath in Division 1. Meath champions and a well drilled outfit. They would be confident enough and if our old friend from the previous board lantosach is still lurking no doubt he'll extol their virtues.

magpie seanie

Ratoath are being hosted in the road by St. Mary's and I heard at a meeting last night that they are very serious in their preparation alright. Best of luck to them. I remember Lantosach being involved with Ratoath club alright.

Unfortunately for myself a family wedding means that even though I'm involved in a lot of the prep work I'll get to see very little of the tournament. It should be good and I might make the finals.

Teeling Gael

My club, Coolera/Strandhill represented Sligo in 1989 (lost Sligo final to Owenmore Gaels but they didn't go for some reason), 1990 and 1991 and won our section in 1990.

Sadly the demise of Owenmore Gaels in the 90's could be traced back to that incident. No adult in the club was wiling to travel with us. Were you involved with any of those Coolera teams, Seanie ??

AhFeckRef

Is you want to keep track of all the results over the weekend:

http://feileresults.leitrimgaa.ie/

magpie seanie

QuoteSadly the demise of Owenmore Gaels in the 90's could be traced back to that incident. No adult in the club was wiling to travel with us. Were you involved with any of those Coolera teams, Seanie ??

I played on the 1989 and 1990 teams. I remember losing that final to ye in '89. We were bloody well gutted. We had a good team (several lads went on the play senior county football) and were probably expected to win but ye had a lot of very good players too and from what I remember deserved your win.

rrhf

Apols Seanie.  Seriously though, a great gaelic event this, anyone lucky enough to be involved or in the vicinity good luck and hope the weather improves.

johnjoe

Headin down meself for the weekend, with the Antrim side, Sean Stinsons, in div three.

Any feedback out there on the teams in this group.

Dont wish to give them the kiss of death, but the team that beats Magherafelt would be in with a shout in division one.

Thats my tip, but dont go losing too much money on it!

Have a great weekend.

BallyhaiseMan

Baileborough are the Cavan Under 14 Division One Champions,
beat our young lads in the final.
Good very physically big team.
Id say they will do well.

johnjoe

Baileboro played us I think iin the Ulster feile. Good game. Youre right, they are big , but would be surprised if they win division two.

My tips are Magherafelt div one, New York div two, if last year is anything to go on, and would give our own lads a chance in division three. (Sean Stinsons / Antrim).

Time will tell. Sure its only for the fun anyway..........!!!!!!!

Jinxy

Will New York still have that monster from last year! Holy God, I wouldn't be fit to mark him and I'm 6'2". ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.