Author Topic: 11th night bonfires  (Read 34431 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: 11th night bonfires
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2018, 12:05:16 PM »
One of the things King Billy fought against was the divine right of Kings which is the right of the king to make up the law to suit himself. And Trump with his presidential pardon is aiming for something similar. We are living in a very strange time.
Lookit

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2018, 12:38:13 PM »
Are they a dying breed? They probably are.  I was on Sash Watch last night viewing the highlights to see could I recognize anyone. But what stood out for me was a lot of the interviewees were at pains to point out the growth in the number of lodges as if to give the impression that all was healthy in the OO this may not be the case.

Take the bands out of the equation and you will see the number of Lol Ďwalkersí and you will see the numbers dwindling each year.

Walt Jabsco

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
Agreed that the number of walkers seems to be dwindling I seen some LOLs have about half a dozen or so behind the banner on the flip side Ballyveagh (Kilkeel) had some 240 behind their banner.
However a lot of the band members would also be OO members but a lot don't wear their regalia while playing in the band although some do this would put a more realistic view of the membership numbers of the OO if they all wore sashes.

Not far from me there are two OO halls that are about a mile from one another on the same road - both are currently being renovated/extended probably from the "community" funding promoted by the  DUP former minister of DCAL. There are probably more of these projects underway but the close proximity of these two stood out for me

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2018, 05:20:25 PM »
Rioting in Derry it seems over the 12th, must have been non associated groups, thugs
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 13, 2018, 05:25:31 PM »
The video of the wee toe rag throwing the petrol bomb at the windscreen of a passing random van was pretty bad. Quite literally could have killed a random innocent guy going about his daily business. It absolutely wouldn't be ok regardless of who he was throwing it at but to do so in the bogside means it was very likely it was another nationalist. Absolute whoopers.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »
And ppl wonder why us good South Derry folk hate going to Celtic Park.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2018, 05:54:29 PM »
Is the Derry stuff co-ordniated or is it just a shower of wee b**tards off school with little else to do?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2018, 06:02:43 PM »
Is the Derry stuff co-ordniated or is it just a shower of wee b**tards off school with little else to do?

Didnít look like kids, unless they go to college... BOD should have went there instead

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 13, 2018, 06:33:52 PM »

Didnít look like kids, unless they go to college... BOD should have went there instead

No point, sure Rory is uniting them all up there😜

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 13, 2018, 06:42:33 PM »

Thatís probably why the rug rats have been rioting! They are that thick, that mimicking themuns is the way forward. God bless them.. weíve a great knack of shooting ourselves in the foot!

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 13, 2018, 07:01:29 PM »
Are they a dying breed? They probably are.  I was on Sash Watch last night viewing the highlights to see could I recognize anyone. But what stood out for me was a lot of the interviewees were at pains to point out the growth in the number of lodges as if to give the impression that all was healthy in the OO this may not be the case.

Take the bands out of the equation and you will see the number of Lol Ďwalkersí and you will see the numbers dwindling each year.

The Belfast Telegraph used to go with a standard "100,000 walk" headline every year.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2018, 07:19:15 PM »

Thatís probably why the rug rats have been rioting! They are that thick, that mimicking themuns is the way forward. God bless them.. weíve a great knack of shooting ourselves in the foot!

Big time. Pictures going around last year of bonfires with union jacks and DUP posters on them. Fecking idiots don't seem to realise that by doing that you immediately lose any high ground you have.

HiMucker

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 13, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »

Big time. Pictures going around last year of bonfires with union jacks and DUP posters on them. Fecking idiots don't seem to realise that by doing that you immediately lose any high ground you have.
They wouldn't give two f**ks about losing high ground.  Quite frankly they wouldn't know what the high ground is.  They simply haven't a clue and are only too glad to act out being scumbags at the behest of dissidents.  They couldn't tell you why they are doing even if they tried.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »
Aye you're not wrong at all man. It's just so counter productive that it's obvious that they don't know what they're doing at all.