Euro 2024

Started by statto, May 22, 2024, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pub Bore

Argentina beat Canada 2-0 to reach the final of the Copa America.  Uruguay v Colombia in the other semi tonight.  In this tournament they have done away with extra time and go straight to pens if it's a draw after 90 mins.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 09, 2024, 09:55:21 PMIt's like a different sport to what England play. That really was the final - they'll take anyone else apart.

England will bring Spain down to their level and beat them on experience.

Hoping Gakpo and the headband wearing Depay have the games of their lives tonight.

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on July 10, 2024, 01:52:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 09, 2024, 09:55:21 PMIt's like a different sport to what England play. That really was the final - they'll take anyone else apart.

England will bring Spain down to their level and beat them on experience.

Hoping Gakpo and the headband wearing Depay have the games of their lives tonight.

The Dutch scored 3 v  Romania and 2 v Turkey , so there is goals there.  I just don't see them beating that  shower though.

I think it'll be  very cagey. Unfortunately I think that lot will win on penalties  after a 1-1 draw

I really hope I'm wrong , because the stars does seem to be aligning for  those  fuppers. Morata getting cleaned  out by a steward  , and potentially out for the final , the latest  example of this

square_ball

Southgate has them set up to grind these matches out. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see the Dutch springing a surprise. And the worst of it is the fcukers seem to be good at penalty shoot outs now!

Sportacus

I think the Dutch will sit in and defend, and break very quick up the pitch at every opportunity as they've serious pace. Virgil will need to be at his best, he'll have a few clearances to make.  Scary stuff.

tiempo

Statistically it appears the team to shoot first on penalties is more likely to win, a well known analysis at this stage. So not only did Ronaldo play shite and seemingly put his ego before the rest of the squad, but having won the toss he decided to pass the advantage of kicking first to France. Bit of a mare from start to finish

Milltown Row2

There has been 3 penalty shootouts, Portugal won one and lost one and England won theirs

I think when you win the toss do you pick which end? Then is it tossed again to see who goes first?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Paul Merson on Sky Sports, "I don't see any possibility in which the Dutch team will beat us. It would be a shock. An even bigger shock than if we had been knocked out by Switzerland."

David James on England to BBC, "This is a great test for the final against Spain."

tiempo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2024, 03:23:10 PMPaul Merson on Sky Sports, "I don't see any possibility in which the Dutch team will beat us. It would be a shock. An even bigger shock than if we had been knocked out by Switzerland."

David James on England to BBC, "This is a great test for the final against Spain."

Whats the collective noun for more than one oracle?

imtommygunn

1 shot on target in the whole game against Slovenia. Probably about the same against Switzerland.

Then they think they can beat all round them.

AustinPowers

Quote from: tiempo on July 10, 2024, 03:33:11 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 10, 2024, 03:23:10 PMPaul Merson on Sky Sports, "I don't see any possibility in which the Dutch team will beat us. It would be a shock. An even bigger shock than if we had been knocked out by Switzerland."

Whats the collective noun for more than one oracle?

Mourne Red

Does Foden have Southgate's nudes? Stink the tournament out and still gets a start

Captain Obvious

Turf

Rice losing the ball in the lead up was the icing on the cake.
Think we'll need a second goal though.

Captain Obvious

A penalty for England to allow them draw level.