Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2024, 08:24:32 PMAre the stand tickets only for those who bought the package?

I'd expect this to sell out our be close to it.
I have a season ticket and got the package and I have a seat in section g. Unsure if that's just because I have season ticket though

Wildweasel74

Gotta be because u got a season ticket but i thought all be a first come first served basis, which I never understood, just means they get away charging more for terrace rickets.

Orior

Armagh have named a strong team to face Westmeath, but no Rian O'Neill replaced by Tiernan Kelly.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2024, 11:59:10 PMArmagh have named a strong team to face Westmeath, but no Rian O'Neill replaced by Tiernan Kelly.
Came off injured in the ulster final

Armagh18

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 23, 2024, 11:11:09 PMCan any of you Armachians post a link to Armagh's starting lineup against Westmeath? Thanks a lot.
Just go on to Armagh Gaa fscebook.

Estimator

Quote from: balladmaker on May 23, 2024, 11:15:56 PM
Quote from: Estimator on May 23, 2024, 10:49:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2024, 08:24:32 PMAre the stand tickets only for those who bought the package?

I'd expect this to sell out our be close to it.

Nope, they are general admission terrace side. Think the clubs are getting the stand tickets once again.

Not correct, bought a package and was sent stand tickets.  To be honest, the less tickets sent via the clubs the better if the UF debacle was anything to go by ... pissup in a brewery came to mind.

Must be another factor involved then.

Was general admission/first come, first served in Salthill. Though there was a huge section in the centre of the stand cordoned off for certain people.

But my tickets for the Armagh game are showing entrance on the Bluebell Terrace side.

Maybe the difference is the juvenile tickets bought as well.

Ulster League Champions 2009

naka

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 23, 2024, 11:11:09 PMCan any of you Armachians post a link to Armagh's starting lineup against Westmeath? Thanks a lot.
Armagh gaa twitter
Kelly in midfield
Conor o Neill in half back line
Mc cabe on the bench 
No other changes

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on May 24, 2024, 10:41:54 AM
Armagh gaa twitter
Kelly in midfield
Mc cabe on the bench 
No other changes

Or the glorious colour version, strong subs bench but no Rian.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lurganblue

Quote from: Orior on May 24, 2024, 11:37:12 AMAre all the Westmeath supporters on holiday?

They were during the game in the Athletic Grounds last year. 

lurganblue

Quote from: armaghniac on May 24, 2024, 11:01:08 AM
Quote from: naka on May 24, 2024, 10:41:54 AM
Armagh gaa twitter
Kelly in midfield
Mc cabe on the bench 
No other changes

Or the glorious colour version, strong subs bench but no Rian.

Rian clearly had an issue after that slip in the Ulster Final and must not have recovered in time.  Although I dont think there is a lot of difference between many of the subs, I am slightly surprised that TK gets the nod over Oisin O'Neill in the middle (if such a position really exists now).   

An Watcher

armaghniac

Quote from: An Watcher on May 25, 2024, 08:19:22 AMCan't believe this isn't on tv anywhere. 

One of the claims of GAAGo is that is covers more games that could ever be on TV, but they don't bother covering that many games. ArmaghTV have the capactity to do games at the Athletic grounds, but they wouldn't be allowed cover this and GAA wouldn't contract them to cover it. Now in today's case that is a pity, but Cork v Donegal next week is a disgrace.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

Is there radio commentary available anywhere for the Armagh game?

small white mayoman

Quote from: An Watcher on May 25, 2024, 08:19:22 AMCan't believe this isn't on tv anywhere. 

Your expecting too much an watcher . Sure its only the championship , another Saturday with no free to air games on tv . Have the gaa ever released the viewing figures for gaa go ?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007