Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 19, 2024, 03:46:39 PMWhats the point men killing themselves at training for McKinless to then go out and do that.Forget about respect to the opposition. He hasn't respect for his own teammates.track record of ill discipline comes back to bite Derry. He anything in him, he should be apologising to them other lads plus Comer. Still think Galway would won anyway, we just don't play well against them. Derry had a good half back line, and we likely playing Armagh without 4 defenders from last years semi. Some Derry players have badly went of the boil,

There is no point in putting in that effort only to be let down by a hot head teammate. But McKinless is not the first and he won't be the last. It's a perennial issue. Not excusable but oft repeated.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: marty34 on May 18, 2024, 11:04:05 PMPrevious to that, Derry's shooting was brutal. How many did they kick into the keeper's hands? It's shocking at that level. Do they not do shooting at training? - doesn't look like it from today's show.

It was a trait of Mickey's Tyrone teams in the last few years, so many shots dropping short. And interesting too after the 2021 AI Tyrone players saying they now had a freedom to shoot and weren't inhibited as they had been previously. Micro management isn't a good thing.

People saying again Tyrone folk are ungrateful to Mickey. I'm hugely grateful to him for his immense contribution to Tyrone GAA. That doesn't mean he's free from scrutiny. He stayed on a few years too long and ultimately held Tyrone back. As for Louth, that was a good gig for both parties. An underachieving county got a big name figurehead to get behind and he made some notable gains but handy gains, they were potentially much better than their initial situation suggested. The big task was going to be keeping it going and trying to progress further when they got to something like their natural level. Didn't really get to see that properly with Mickey.

Said a few times that Mickey in his last decade with Tyrone struggled to get the right attacking balance and to win big games. In that respect it was an interesting appointment for a Derry team trying to get the balance between attack and defence right and to win big games. It became even more interesting when McGuinness went back to Donegal then got that win over Derry, given McGuinness basically broke Mickey the previous decade. Lots of questions with the appointment and still waiting for conclusive answers.

joemamas

Quote from: JoG2 on May 19, 2024, 11:58:00 AMAdded to ignore, you're some dose

you know he is the WUM in cheif, Eire og, Kerry for Sam, Armagh 18, southe dublin bro, plus many others.
He has single handidly gone a long way to F*ucking up a serious GAA Blog.
Shame on moderators.
For the past 7-10 years, I would be inclined to come on here to see opinions on games V read the newspapers after a game. Not any more.
A lot of well minded bloggers unfortunately have done likewise.

Armagh18

Quote from: joemamas on May 19, 2024, 07:21:12 PM

you know he is the WUM in cheif, Eire og, Kerry for Sam, Armagh 18, southe dublin bro, plus many others.
Shame on moderators.
For the past 7-10 years, I would be inclined to come on here to see opinions on games V read the newspapers after a game. Not any more.

Leave me out of it pleasd.

JoG2

Shame on moderators.

The scoundrel! Not much to be at of a day when you're at that craic.
I doubt he's Armagh18 though?

Truthsayer

Shame on moderators.

I guess that's aimed at me, as the original comment was. Am not sure what I said that was so offensive as to warrant calling in the moderators. In fact what I said I believe to be true... but time will tell and I may have to eat my words.. or not.

Wildweasel74

tonto1888

Quote from: JoG2 on May 19, 2024, 08:15:43 PM

Shame on moderators.

The scoundrel! Not much to be at of a day when you're at that craic.
I doubt he's Armagh18 though?

Id agree on this

trueblue1234

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 19, 2024, 09:30:32 PM

Shame on moderators.

I guess that's aimed at me, as the original comment was. Am not sure what I said that was so offensive as to warrant calling in the moderators. In fact what I said I believe to be true... but time will tell and I may have to eat my words.. or not.
Been yapping for years about how much he hates Harte. Went through a new name there but still the same sh!te.

Dose.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Truthsayer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 20, 2024, 11:02:55 AM

Shame on moderators.

Been yapping for years about how much he hates Harte. Went through a new name there but still the same sh!te.

Dose.
I've said nothing personal about Harte so is hardly 'hate'. Seems to be a very touchy subject to suggest he wont lead Derry to the All Ireland. I wasn't on here previous but you tell yourself that...

trueblue1234

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 20, 2024, 11:25:07 AM

Shame on moderators.

Dose.
I've said nothing personal about Harte so is hardly 'hate'. Seems to be a very touchy subject to suggest he wont lead Derry to the All Ireland. I wasn't on here previous but you tell yourself that...
👍
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Orior

Is there a league table of who has the most "Ignores"?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Shame on moderators.

Dose.

Usually when a new poster goes straight in, no kissing its a fair old red flag

Maroon Manc

It was a good Galway performance but would like to think there's another gear in them if they can get everyone fit at the same time.

Good to see Gleeson get away a few quick longer kicks outs in that first half which led to scores. Tierney & Comer are both brilliant fielders so will make a huge difference to Gleeson as long as he can be quick getting them off. A bit disappointed Galway didn't go after Derrys kickout more often but suppose they had a good lead and didn't need to take any chances.

D'Arcy is limited but he certainly has his uses, good fielder who can certainly kick a score and run all day but just wish he'd know when to get rid of the ball, there's an instance in every match when he's dispossessed far too easily.

Truthsayer

Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

Shame on moderators.

Dose.

Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

Shame on moderators.

Dose.

😅 you're bit precious about Mickey Harte being criticised. I've commented on other topics. Still not sure what I've said that is so offensive..