Sam Maguire 2024 Group 1 - Galway, Armagh, Derry, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 13, 2024, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Truthsayer on May 18, 2024, 06:50:41 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2024, 06:46:30 PMIn fairness Harte did a super job with Louth.
Considering Louths performance against Dublin last week.. ?
They were div 4 when he took over. Would they have done as well against Dublin or even got to a Leinster final without the work Harte put in?

screenexile

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tyrone08

Truthsayer

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2024, 06:52:28 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2024, 06:46:30 PMIn fairness Harte did a super job with Louth.
They were div 4 when he took over. Would they have done as well against Dublin or even got to a Leinster final without the work Harte put in?
That's what was said bout Tyrone win All Ireland in 2021 : ).. by a few

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 18, 2024, 06:57:17 PMGoal for Galway they lead 2-13 to 0-13.

If Derry had taken their point, or not hit the ball at the goalie, then the gap would have been 2.
This would have suited me, as my bet was Galway 1-3 points.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2024, 06:49:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 18, 2024, 06:47:15 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 18, 2024, 06:43:32 PMIll discipline from Derry killing them.

They are getting away with it. There should have been 2 black cards for derry but ref playing advantage. Thought the ref could still give a card after playing advantage ?
Only a yellow I thought? Not black or red? Maybe I'm wrong

Not sure to be honest. Would have thought if they could give a card it shouldn't matter on the colour

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 18, 2024, 06:57:33 PMRef giving derry some amount of leeway

You'll need to elaborate.. I've watched 15 minutes there and not seeing what you are
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Likewise. Though McFaul should have been booked but that aside.

screenexile

I think we battled manfully down to 14 against a decent team for 65 minutes. Galway haven't set the world on fire with this performance against 14 either and suffered a few injuries.

Armagh match is crucial now to get a home game in the preliminary QF. We definitely need McEvoy and CD back for it!

imtommygunn

Question is how long will mckinless be suspended for. The above is assuming you beat Westmeath...

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2024, 06:52:28 PM

No is the short answer. Tyrone heads trying to belittle what Harte has done in his management career especially with Tyrone is mildly amusing and now bitter that he's managing Derry.

yellowcard

I thought Derry had a bit of an inferiority complex before the game with all the talk of a Galway jinx which proved to be true.

It will be interesting to see if Mickey Harte faces up to the media this time after this defeat. There are more questions than answers over Derrys AI chances after the last 2 defeats.

tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 18, 2024, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 18, 2024, 06:57:33 PMRef giving derry some amount of leeway

You'll need to elaborate.. I've watched 15 minutes there and not seeing what you are

There was 2 times the derry player both arms around a galway lad and pulled him round, both given as free outs to derry. 2 trips during advantages with no cards given.

Mario

Disappointing game but I'm not too disheartened by the performance. It feels like everything that could go wrong did for Derry. Injuries during the 4 week break, stupid red card, gift of a goal. McGuigan takes his point Galway don't get a goal on counter. If our luck turns a bit we can still turn things around this season.