Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

tonto1888

Quote from: JoG2 on May 12, 2024, 07:24:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 12, 2024, 07:21:54 PMAbsolutely devastated. No words.
Well done Donegal. Hope the lads and lassies form here enjoy the night

Really sore on youse tonto1888.. Won't mean a while pile now, but Armagh are winning games and have reached 2 Ulster finals in a row

Cheers mate. Will take a while to get over that one alright

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 12, 2024, 08:30:25 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 12, 2024, 07:24:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 12, 2024, 07:21:54 PMAbsolutely devastated. No words.
Well done Donegal. Hope the lads and lassies form here enjoy the night

Really sore on youse tonto1888.. Won't mean a while pile now, but Armagh are winning games and have reached 2 Ulster finals in a row

Cheers mate. Will take a while to get over that one alright

I feel for youse.

I know you toyed with us back in the day, but losing four big games on pens has got to be gut-wrenching.

Rebel84

Quote from: An Watcher on May 12, 2024, 08:04:54 PMLittle sympathy for Armagh for a number of reasons:-
(i) they've had the handiest draw in ulster for 2 years and still couldn't win it
(ii) they keep renewing geezers contract despite him NEVER getting over the line
(iii)  every one of those games that they lost on penalties should never have went to penalties in the first place as they should have won in normal/extra time

Agree

APM

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 12, 2024, 07:32:09 PMA few things after  watching all that:

Football as a spectacle is  pathetic.

You're hard to please!

AustinPowers

Quote from: APM on May 12, 2024, 08:49:05 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 12, 2024, 07:32:09 PMA few things after  watching all that:

You're hard to please!

There was some  very good scores taken , but  the  match  itself  was brutal

Itchy

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 12, 2024, 08:58:02 PM

You're hard to please!

Do you apply the same to other sports. I assume you would agree soccer is complete shite as a spectacle. 2 x 0-0 draws in the championship play offs today and arsenal winning 1-0 vrs Man Utd. Utter shite I presume?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 12, 2024, 08:08:24 PMWhen it comes to Penalties, normally a goalkeeper has to pull u out of a hole. Most penalties are scored, so keeper needs save a few. Armagh keeper kept repeatly going early, before the ball was kicked, left it easy for the kicker to go the other way. There always a 1 or 2 straight down the middle, best way to save a penalty is to stand u ground.

100%

Penalties usually fall into one of two categories.

(i) Well hit that you aren't saving anyway.
(ii) Utter dung very close to down the middle.

The missing category is of course (iii) the saveable penalty if the goalkeeper guesses the right way and is at full stretch.

But the volume of penalties that fall under (ii) are far more than (iii).

So stand your ground. Make the kicker work for it. They're even more likely to mess it up when you don't move.
i usse an speelchekor

JP

Have armagh lost more championship penalties then the rest of the counties put together?

Blowitupref

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 12, 2024, 08:58:02 PM

You're hard to please!

Found it to be a intriguing watch, brutal for me is one sided contest whereby on team has thrown in the towel long before the final whistle and 5 to 7 point margin ends up as 17 to 20 point defeat.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Quote from: JP on May 12, 2024, 09:15:05 PMHave armagh lost more championship penalties then the rest of the counties put together?

Think I read there have been 6 championship shootouts. Armagh have been involved in 4 of them and almost all 4.

Norm-Peterson

I wonder did they ever manage to drag McBrearty off the stand, wittering on for a long time.
Cringey stuff from Niblock too chuckling every time McGuinness did a fist pump.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tyrone beat Donegal in 2 weeks. No great shakes.

Also that is a very posh voice of Thomas Kane for a South Derry person.

tbrick18

I actually enjoyed that game.
Some brilliant defending, some class scores, not a goal chance over the whole game though.

That was actually the best I've seen Armagh playing in years. And the most disciplined, have to say they were much better than I expected.
Rian Oneill in midfield I think is definitely the best position for him. They are just short a few players I think.

When it went to penalties I fully expected donegal to win them and that Armagh would choke again. But as it played out, only one bad penalty out of 6. For the first time, I think Armagh would have won with a bit of luck.

Donegal maybe not as good as I thought they were either after the derry game. Certainly struggled for scores at times and around the middle 3rd. But they just have a few individuals who are a level above Armagh. When Armagh were 4 up they really should have pushed on, but donegal had the experience and know how to pull it back.

I though donegal substitutions were strange. Mcbrearty was an obvious penalty taker.
I'm guessing Rian was took off as geezer didn't want him taking a penalty maybe?

I enjoyed it. I'm in the minority but I love penalties, so for me it was a really good game.

Would actually rather have had donegal in our group games, but Armagh v derry will be tasty.

J70

Quote from: Norm-Peterson on May 12, 2024, 09:25:54 PMI wonder did they ever manage to drag McBrearty off the stand, wittering on for a long time.
Cringey stuff from Niblock too chuckling every time McGuinness did a fist pump.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tyrone beat Donegal in 2 weeks. No great shakes.

Also that is a very posh voice of Thomas Kane for a South Derry person.

Why would it be a surprise when Donegal just about beat Tyrone after extra time?

There's f**k all between Tyrone, Donegal, Armagh and arguably even Cavan and Monaghan. And Derry aren't as head and shoulders above the rest as we thought before the championship.

Captain Scarlet

I know it's harsh but 4 clear in the 54th minute of a game where there were a lot of bodies back...
That game should have been put to bed by Armagh.

And they had legs coming off the bench too. Even if both teams looked set up defensive with bodies back a lot of the scores were not under massive pressure.

That being said the striking from distance was top class.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Would have been interesting to see how Twitterati reacted if TK had have scored that mark at the end of normal time.