Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Truthsayer

Losing 3 major penno shoot-outs in 3 years.. poor enough 😒

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2024, 06:36:05 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 12, 2024, 06:24:16 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2024, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 12, 2024, 06:19:33 PMNeither of teams deserve to win.

The very least thing anyone should do sport is try to win.

Neither team tried to win that game.

Sport ruining c***ts, one and all.

That's a bizarre take. Both teams knackered.

Sorry to tell you fella, but if you think there's any glory gained from what happened in the last 10 mins of normal time, or in part of extra time, then you're institutionalised.

Sorry to tell you fella,  if you didn't think that was a high quality exciting game of football maybe you should consider a different pastime

It was exciting due to it being close but it wasn't high quality. Armagh must have been 20+ minutes without scoring before full time and into extra time? Then after getting another shot and building a wee lead still couldn't get over the line. Donegal looked scared to take shots on at times when the game was there for them. After the high of the Derry game they haven't got back to the same level. But fair play to them, an Ulster title nobody would have expected not so long ago. But high quality, far from it.

Rebel84

Quote from: HiMucker on May 12, 2024, 06:36:45 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 12, 2024, 06:34:47 PMAll jokes aside, what the f*** is it with Armagh and penalty shootouts lol.
I'd say they would lose to England on penalties at this stage

Think even England won their 2nd ever penalty shootout (Euro 96). Did England ever lose 4 in a row shootouts?

Quarterbackk

How you start Mc Cabe in stead of Jarly og Burns.  :D  :(  :o

joemamas

Agree  with Lamh Dearg comments.
very few teams go scoreless in the last 20 mins of a game and come out winners. Would need to watch that part again to determine if Armagh retreated or that just Donegal took over through aggressive play.
Feel bad for Stephan Campbell, he has put in a lot of years with Armagh.

gallsman

Niblock thinks the Anglo-Celt is the most precious piece of silverware in Ireland. Odd take.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on May 12, 2024, 06:48:43 PMNiblock thinks the Anglo-Celt is the most precious piece of silverware in Ireland. Odd take.

2nd!

bennydorano

Season over, no coming back from that gut punch.

Ghost

Is this mcbrearty man ever going to f*ck up?

JoG2

Very enjoyable game with very little between the teams. Some of the point taking was of the highest order... That'll be extremely hard to take for Armagh. There was footage of McGeeney arm in arm with his team as the last penalty was being hit, the look on his face, I was willing the penalty in tbh.

Armagh for us in two weeks time @ CP. Will be another tough contest

Itchy

For me there's no doubt Armagh has better players than Donegal. However, mcgeeney has had a decade and can't get over the line. Mcguinness has won it in one season with a team he's only just come into who were crap last year. It obvious to me where the issue is

Wildweasel74

I say so,some losses are hard to take, that one after 3 in the last 2 yrs, I think it put Armagh bck in their shell. Dublin the only stand out for the all-Ireland, Armagh i don't think will beat Galway or Derry.

seafoid

So it's Armagh back with Galway and Westmeath.

From the Bunker

Quote from: gallsman on May 12, 2024, 06:48:43 PMNiblock thinks the Anglo-Celt is the most precious piece of silverware in Ireland. Odd take.

Mean nothing to anyone from Tipp, Cork, Mayo, Galway, Dublin ........