Empty Orange Halls??

Started by An Fear Rua, June 15, 2007, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughinpaddy

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: Spiritof98 on June 15, 2007, 02:45:43 PM
Sammy, every thread you enter is the same, you portray yourself as the model prod that loves everyone, ie im not a fan of the OO, but; In no lover of the UVF; but... I commend you for your so called forward thinking but your wee sectarian background keeps creeping out, and your statement about priests preaching evil from the alter just shows that that we man at junior orange castigating all that is Roman has infiltrated your mind forever.

What are you on about? Of course priests preach hate. It's their job, the same as the leaders of any relegion. They have no other function. And for the 500th time I'm not a Prod (model or otherwise), I'm an atheist.

;D  If that is the case then way were so many priests involved in bringing peace to the north?  Cardinal Daly was a prime example, I suppose this was his way of getting in behind enemy lines! ffs sammy wise up!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

SammyG

Quote from: laughinpaddy on June 15, 2007, 02:53:31 PM;D  If that is the case then way were so many priests involved in bringing peace to the north?  Cardinal Daly was a prime example, I suppose this was his way of getting in behind enemy lines! ffs sammy wise up!

Sorry you're confusing two different issues. Of course most priests/rabbis/mullahs are decent caring people who do a lot of good work BUT the relegious message that they preach is one of intolerance and hate. If it wasn't they'd all be in one big relegion rather than three million different ones.

laughinpaddy

The reason why there are so many different religions is not based on hatred, but on how things are interpreted!
Different people see different things in different ways.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

stew

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 02:56:24 PM
Quote from: laughinpaddy on June 15, 2007, 02:53:31 PM;D  If that is the case then way were so many priests involved in bringing peace to the north?  Cardinal Daly was a prime example, I suppose this was his way of getting in behind enemy lines! ffs sammy wise up!

Sorry you're confusing two different issues. Of course most priests/rabbis/mullahs are decent caring people who do a lot of good work BUT the relegious message that they preach is one of intolerance and hate. If it wasn't they'd all be in one big relegion rather than three million different ones.

So these decent, caring members of the clergy of differing faiths preach hate and intolerance? Sammy if they did that they would be hypocrites and charlatans not decent and caring.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nifan

Sammy, i think in your dislike of organised religion you are being a bit hard on "the message".
Most of them are very much of the "we are correct, others are wrong" but i dont know if it could be described as preaching hate.
Most religions do reckon they are the chosen ones and others will not get to heaven etc, but I dont know if that could be described as hate.

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

SammyG

Quote from: nifan on June 15, 2007, 03:29:37 PM
Sammy, i think in your dislike of organised religion you are being a bit hard on "the message".
Most of them are very much of the "we are correct, others are wrong" but i dont know if it could be described as preaching hate.
Most religions do reckon they are the chosen ones and others will not get to heaven etc, but I dont know if that could be described as hate.

Telling your 'flock' that the 90 odd % of the world ,who don't believe you're particular creed, are sub-humans who are going to burn in hell, doesn't exactly seem like promoting tolerance and understanding.  ::)

p.s. Cheers MIB, execellent, well thought out response, as always.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 03:35:58 PM
Quote from: nifan on June 15, 2007, 03:29:37 PM

Telling your 'flock' that the 90 odd % of the world ,who don't believe you're particular creed, are sub-humans who are going to burn in hell, doesn't exactly seem like promoting tolerance and understanding.  ::)

p.s. Cheers MIB, execellent, well thought out response, as always.

Dont remember the Catholic religion preaching that people that believe in other faiths are "sub-human".  Yes they may think they are right and others are wrong, but all religions and atheists think that.  Its called having a difference of opinion and for most people it has nothing got to do with hate and intolerance.

GweylTah

MIB's message = Those of  non-chucky disposition are welcome on the board as long as they keep the heads down and don't say anything.

Cheers.

::)

his holiness nb

Quote from: GweylTah on June 15, 2007, 05:18:39 PM
MIB's message = Those of  non-chucky disposition are welcome on the board as long as they keep the heads down and don't say anything.

Cheers.

Ironic so that you have managed 356 posts then  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 02:48:49 PM
What are you on about? Of course priests preach hate.
complete balls sammy - this time I can say i have a bit of knowledge on the topic.

if thats what all atheists think then its a delusion not a belief they all have !

365 gwayitah
superb - a post for each anti taig day in your calendar  :D

nifan

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 03:35:58 PM

Thinking you are correct and that others are wrong is not hate.
Believing that people can only get to heaven through jesus or whatever is not hate - indeed many of these people probably feel pity for us.

Where do you get sub-human from? And I dont think you are really attempting to understand those with a faith, your certainly not tolerating them too much right now.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: SammyG on June 15, 2007, 01:16:28 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on June 15, 2007, 01:14:26 PM
How can a "Religious Order" preach hatred and discrimination and get away with it in the 21st century. Organisations like this belong in a museum.

That's what relegious orders do. It would be great if the OO were banned but you'd also have to ban every organised relegion in the world (a good idea in my opinion but not very practical).

Maybe if religion where banned then Hamasastan (West Bank) might not be getting ripped to sh!t right now. I can't wait to see all these Catholic, Protestant, Orthedox, Jew, Sunni, Shite,  Hindu etc. Warriors of God burning in the fires of Hell & all us lapsed or sane Christians, Jews, Muslims, other & None etc. at the bar in the sky having a few scoups checking out the hotties with the halos.

stew

The fact is most Christian Clergy preach tolerance not hate, the same goes for many other religions around the world, the problem is Religion and faith in Godd has been used as a cudgel in the past to excuse  for example the killing fields of the middle east for thousands of years, the God I believe in tells us not to kill and to love our neighbours, it is man who fecks this up and goes against Gods wishes.

My father is a complete and utter athiest and we went at it recently, he has no time nor respect for religion nor my beliefs, he even managed to bring up a few times where I had screwed up and called me a hypocrite on something I did 20 years ago, you get that a lot with athiests, some of them play the hypocrite card when they dont understand that part of believeing in God is the belief that if you confess to him your sins you will be forgiven, in fact the Bible tells you he doesnt even remember them, thats good enough for me.

More people have been slaughtered in the name of God that any other reason out there, that is despicable, wrong and immoral and I am sure that the responsible parties will have to answer for their actions.

As for sammyg, he seems to want us to think he is tolerant but the mask slips when talking about Religion and interestingly enough his comments usually focus on the foibles of the Catholic Church, not that they dont give him lots of ammo these days. >:(

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: stew on June 15, 2007, 10:17:12 PM
The fact is most Christian Clergy preach tolerance not hate, the same goes for many other religions around the world, the problem is Religion and faith in Godd has been used as a cudgel in the past to excuse  for example the killing fields of the middle east for thousands of years, the God I believe in tells us not to kill and to love our neighbours, it is man who fecks this up and goes against Gods wishes.

My father is a complete and utter athiest and we went at it recently, he has no time nor respect for religion nor my beliefs, he even managed to bring up a few times where I had screwed up and called me a hypocrite on something I did 20 years ago, you get that a lot with athiests, some of them play the hypocrite card when they dont understand that part of believeing in God is the belief that if you confess to him your sins you will be forgiven, in fact the Bible tells you he doesnt even remember them, thats good enough for me.

More people have been slaughtered in the name of God that any other reason out there, that is despicable, wrong and immoral and I am sure that the responsible parties will have to answer for their actions.

As for sammyg, he seems to want us to think he is tolerant but the mask slips when talking about Religion and interestingly enough his comments usually focus on the foibles of the Catholic Church, not that they dont give him lots of ammo these days. >:(

I'd agree with this, great post stew