M50 and its traffic

Started by mannix, June 15, 2007, 11:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

You actually need to be off it by 0700 if you want to be sure of staying moving. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Bearded One

Thanks for the advice lads, think I'll just avoid it!
It is what it is. Presumably.

Canalman

You'll be fine most mornings. The odd day an accident will slow things down. Some of the previous posters' comments a bit overdramatic imo. Stay in the middle lane when coming to the junctions as sometimes there is a spillover onto the inside lane.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on May 20, 2015, 09:56:06 AM
You'll be fine most mornings. The odd day an accident will slow things down. Some of the previous posters' comments a bit overdramatic imo. Stay in the middle lane when coming to the junctions as sometimes there is a spillover onto the inside lane.

WHAAA??? Madness. Listen to the culchies. The M50 is a carpark unless you hit it at very off peak times. Never mind the sneaky Dubs :)

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2015, 10:55:17 AM

WHAAA??? Madness. Listen to the culchies. The M50 is a carpark unless you hit it at very off peak times. Never mind the sneaky Dubs :)

I have lived in Dublin for 24 years, and a few years as a teenager before that. If I have learned one thing, it is never ask a Dub about a part of Dublin that is not near where he is from. Most will be honest enough to tell you they haven't a clue about getting around the rest of the city. To test this ask any northsider or southsider for directions on the other side of the city.

As an aside, Google Maps do a handy free GPS service which offers alternative routes and time estimates based on real traffic, which can give a heads up if there is a problem up the road. But I use the free App WAZE which does exactly the same thing, only with added updates on speed traps, accidents etc (as long as someone updates it for you).
MWWSI 2017

The Bearded One

On this occasion I will take advice from my country cousins and avoid the M50!

I'm going to Limerick from Tyrone, I now plan to go through the midlands and will just have to suck up whatever traffic I hit in the towns on my way through.
It is what it is. Presumably.

AZOffaly

Be careful heading into North Tipp! Good job ye don't have TE registrations or something, or you'd be burnt out in Moneygall :)

muppet

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 20, 2015, 11:10:29 AM
On this occasion I will take advice from my country cousins and avoid the M50!

I'm going to Limerick from Tyrone, I now plan to go through the midlands and will just have to suck up whatever traffic I hit in the towns on my way through.

Depending on which part of Tyrone you are going from, the road from Sligo down would be generally good, especially after Gort, which is all motorway. Depends of course how far you are from Sligo.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on May 20, 2015, 11:04:35 AM

I have lived in Dublin for 24 years, and a few years as a teenager before that. If I have learned one thing, it is never ask a Dub about a part of Dublin that is not near where he is from. Most will be honest enough to tell you they haven't a clue about getting around the rest of the city. To test this ask any northsider or southsider for directions on the other side of the city
This is so true!
Also anywhere over 1km away is miles away to them. Down home 5 miles would be only down the road!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heffo

I have lived in Dublin for 24 years, and a few years as a teenager before that. If I have learned one thing, it is never ask a Dub about a part of Dublin that is not near where he is from. Most will be honest enough to tell you they haven't a clue about getting around the rest of the city. To test this ask any northsider or southsider for directions on the other side of the city.

Cheek!

muppet

Quote from: heffo on May 20, 2015, 01:07:09 PM

Cheek!

To be fair I only know places around Mayo (other than where relatives live) that I've played football in or went to Scór or had some other reason to go there. Most of the county is a mystery to me.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Mayo is a mystery to everyone.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 20, 2015, 03:31:54 PM
Mayo is a mystery to everyone.

We could do with solving it.
MWWSI 2017

Boycey

Good folks, I need to be at Crumlin Hospital for before 9AM tomorrow, what time would I need to hit the M50 to achieve this or would I better battling on through the city at that hour. Oh yeah I'll be coming from the M1.

thanks

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on January 06, 2016, 03:44:46 PM
Good folks, I need to be at Crumlin Hospital for before 9AM tomorrow, what time would I need to hit the M50 to achieve this or would I better battling on through the city at that hour. Oh yeah I'll be coming from the M1.

thanks

Stay away from the City at all costs I would say it's a disaster. The same as most answers I'd say it depends. Hitting the M50 @ half 8 would be grand unless there's an accident then it's a lottery as to what might happen. I'd listen carefully to traffic updates on the way down the road!!