Keegan says he doesn't like listening to female pundits

Started by Sonny Joe, October 06, 2023, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: jcpen on October 07, 2023, 07:37:59 AMThere's a female commentator for the BBC don't know her name but she does be on the Match of the Day games and her voice does not suit for commentating at all IMO.
Other than that I don't really mind any of them. To be honest once I don't have to listen to Gary Neville or Jamie Carragher then I'm happy. Those two are the most annoying cnuts on TV. Michah Richards is another I can't listen to at all.
Probably Vicki Sparks. Awful.

ardtole

Aisling O'Reilly on Newstalk is excellent, asks the right questions, gives the interviewee time to answer and always eeks a wee bit extra out of them.

She comes across like she really loves her job, which helps. Great knowledge across multiple sports as well, though gaa is her bread and butter. Herself and Tommy Walsh when they are doing the hurling seem to have a great bond.

seafoid

Quote from: ardtole on October 07, 2023, 06:01:07 PMAisling O'Reilly on Newstalk is excellent, asks the right questions, gives the interviewee time to answer and always eeks a wee bit extra out of them.

She comes across like she really loves her job, which helps. Great knowledge across multiple sports as well, though gaa is her bread and butter. Herself and Tommy Walsh when they are doing the hurling seem to have a great bond.
Aisling O'Reilly's accent is annoying
Kathleen McNamee and Fiona Steed are really excellent.
Marie Crowe is top notch as well.

clarshack

Out of all the commentators/pundits Barry Davies was the greatest imho.

AustinPowers

Quote from: clarshack on October 07, 2023, 08:15:42 PMOut of all the commentators/pundits Barry Davies was the greatest imho.

Personally  I liked Tony Gubba.  He had a great voice for  commentary

NormPeterson

Quote from: Itchy on October 06, 2023, 09:15:42 PMI swear to f**k, I hope some of you morons don't have sisters or daughters

I don't get comments like this. Are you implying that someone like me who doesn't watch women sports are a danger to women in society? Sure if I did watch it people like you would be accusing me of being a pervert anyway just like in the 2014 Olympics when men were watching the beach volleyball. We can't win.

I personally have grown to dislike soccer anyway and haven't watched it in years. I dislike the celebrity culture of football and I hate the look of the players with their tattoos.

Itchy

Quote from: NormPeterson on October 07, 2023, 08:58:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 06, 2023, 09:15:42 PMI swear to f**k, I hope some of you morons don't have sisters or daughters

I don't get comments like this. Are you implying that someone like me who doesn't watch women sports are a danger to women in society? Sure if I did watch it people like you would be accusing me of being a pervert anyway just like in the 2014 Olympics when men were watching the beach volleyball. We can't win.

I personally have grown to dislike soccer anyway and haven't watched it in years. I dislike the celebrity culture of football and I hate the look of the players with their tattoos.

Yes I was implying you are a dangerous woman stalker. Yep, that's what I was saying alright. Jesus Christ, has the IQ of people on this board collapsed or what's going on.

ONeill

I've never understood how people get annoyed by commentators or analysts. Just watch the buckin game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 07, 2023, 08:38:11 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 07, 2023, 08:15:42 PMOut of all the commentators/pundits Barry Davies was the greatest imho.

Personally  I liked Tony Gubba.  He had a great voice for  commentary

Gubba was good too.

Eire90

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2023, 10:54:59 AMNever listen to the pundits anyways, I'm only interested in the game, and can make my own judgements

The amount of air time they get and analyzing plays would bore the tits off you

most talk is cliches anyway

trailer

Quote from: Eire90 on October 08, 2023, 05:35:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2023, 10:54:59 AMNever listen to the pundits anyways, I'm only interested in the game, and can make my own judgements

The amount of air time they get and analyzing plays would bore the tits off you

most talk is cliches anyway

Said without a hint of irony.

ziggy90

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 06, 2023, 04:53:05 PM
Quote from: Joeythelips on October 06, 2023, 01:19:12 PMThe job is to be a good pundit, convey the game tactically and critically in s a somewhat entertaining manner. The vast majority of sports pundits are awful regardless of gender.
Of the female pundits I have heard I'd say Karen Carney and Emma Hayes are very good in my opinion (or at least as good as the male ones)

Might be decent however her awful accent isn't easy to listen too. Is Gabby Logan still involved nowadays? Was among the better ones or be it more of a presenter than a pundit.

Her accent is beautiful.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

From the Bunker

OTB's Kathleen McNamee when she guests on the Pat Kenny Show on Monday and Fridays is extremely irritating.

thewobbler

Tuning into channel 4 here.

An unintelligible Zola and an utterly incapable Joe Cole would be a hindrance to say Lineker, Keane, Neville, but they'd still find a way to make the show work.

But pairing them with a female anchor and a Lioness each with zero charisma, and even less insight? It's just shit. Absolute shit.

80 years of football and television evolving together as entertainment, stopped in its tracks.