Ulster Club SFC 2023

Started by general_lee, September 26, 2023, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Corofin with Liam Silke and Molloy back won't fear any team either. Probably past their best, but will be able to raise their game on any given day.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 06, 2023, 09:25:20 AM
Quote from: ardtole on November 06, 2023, 08:32:15 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2023, 08:16:50 AMCan't see anyone beating kilmacaud. They look better again this year.

Raheny took them to penalties. I think Glen or Kilcoo would more than put it up to them.
Glen did rightly against them obviously and will be desperate to go one better this year and if Kilcoo hit top form again I'd say they have enough about them to stop Mannion and Walsh. 

Mannion isn't coming back from an injury this year. I am just not convinced any other team will be able to beat them, or maybe even get close,  at all though hope I am wrong.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2023, 09:39:16 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 06, 2023, 09:25:20 AM
Quote from: ardtole on November 06, 2023, 08:32:15 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2023, 08:16:50 AMCan't see anyone beating kilmacaud. They look better again this year.

Raheny took them to penalties. I think Glen or Kilcoo would more than put it up to them.
Glen did rightly against them obviously and will be desperate to go one better this year and if Kilcoo hit top form again I'd say they have enough about them to stop Mannion and Walsh. 

Mannion isn't coming back from an injury this year. I am just not convinced any other team will be able to beat them, or maybe even get close,  at all though hope I am wrong.

Ciaran McFaul back for Glen is a massive boost, apparently playing some great stuff for them, think he could be what they need to get over the line

ardtole

Is Brian any relation to Ciaran McFaul.

Wildweasel74

Glen come out Ulster, Corofin in Connacht, Crokes in Leinster, Munster nobody cares after that Kerry farce yesterday, hardly a cheer or roar raised all game. How could they, there was like 10 teams involved, does the cup do the round of the district clubs. End the Day Crokes are way better than last year, and stronger than everyone else, even with 5 men left, They beat Corofin in the final.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: ardtole on November 06, 2023, 10:04:59 AMIs Brian any relation to Ciaran McFaul.

Haha, my bad was talking to a fella called Brian on the phone in work as was typing, its a monday! Yes Ciaran  :-[

Saffrongael

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 06, 2023, 11:18:50 AMGlen come out Ulster, Corofin in Connacht, Crokes in Leinster, Munster nobody cares after that Kerry farce yesterday, hardly a cheer or roar raised all game. How could they, there was like 10 teams involved, does the cup do the round of the district clubs. End the Day Crokes are way better than last year, and stronger than everyone else, even with 5 men left, They beat Corofin in the final.

Corofin weren't even favourites for that game yesterday
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Truth hurts

This year, Kilcoo look like a different team and defeated the Fermanagh champs with ease. Scotstown was a good team before McCarron joined so it is a huge task on Sunday for the Magpies. But I expect them to win.

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffron_sam20 on November 06, 2023, 11:19:38 AM
Quote from: ardtole on November 06, 2023, 10:04:59 AMIs Brian any relation to Ciaran McFaul.

Haha, my bad was talking to a fella called Brian on the phone in work as was typing, its a monday! Yes Ciaran  :-[
I was wondering there genuinely thought he'd a brother or something who'd came back!
Ciaran some help back surely!

bennydorano

See Trillick v Cross on RTE2 Saturday night & Kilcoo v Scotstown on TG4 Sunday.

I assume they'll not try to chance the double header for Omagh on Saturday evening?? (Pomeroy v Cullyhanna in IFC down for 5.30).

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2023, 05:27:34 PMSee Trillick v Cross on RTE2 Saturday night & Kilcoo v Scotstown on TG4 Sunday.

I assume they'll not try to chance the double header for Omagh on Saturday evening?? (Pomeroy v Cullyhanna in IFC down for 5.30).

Presumably, they envisage a double bill as floodlights are needed for both games.
Met Eireann give it dry from Thursday to Saturday, so they might get away with it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on November 06, 2023, 05:27:34 PMSee Trillick v Cross on RTE2 Saturday night & Kilcoo v Scotstown on TG4 Sunday.

The intermediate game will be a cracker as well. 2 very good teams. Will any streaming service have the rights to it?

blasmere

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 06, 2023, 07:04:08 PM

The intermediate game will be a cracker as well. 2 very good teams. Will any streaming service have the rights to it?

Ulster GAA, £60 I think for a season ticket which covers most games that aren't chosen for national coverage
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Armagh18

Quote from: blasmere on November 06, 2023, 07:09:24 PM

Ulster GAA, £60 I think for a season ticket which covers most games that aren't chosen for national coverage
Presume you can just buy the one game?

blasmere

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 06, 2023, 07:16:59 PM
Quote from: blasmere on November 06, 2023, 07:09:24 PM

Presume you can just buy the one game?

I think so yes
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree