Over Critical Club Supporters

Started by illdecide, June 14, 2007, 01:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

These are the same gobshites who attend AGMs, critisize everyone and everything, then refuse to serve on any committee,as it might involve them actually having to do something. they are not worth discussing or even taking under or notice

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on June 14, 2007, 05:21:46 PM
Illdecide, the womenfolk of Lurgan are certainly no ladies as evidenced by the language on Saturday night. By Christ there's some hard looking tickets from Francis Street alright.

Then again its not everyday they meet the mighty Tir Na Nog! ;D

You have a fair enough point, some of the women going to them matches are rough as a badgers arse :D. But someone from dorty Porty (or there abouts) to criticise our women when the women from Portadown are known as the "kn**ker Brigade" is a bit cheap :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Goats Do Shave

Went to the Clonoe - Donnaghmore Tyrone Senior Club C'ship a few weeks ago, & stood in the middle of the stand in Edendork, just behind the Clonoe Dug-out.

At one stage after half time John Morrison was approached by a Clonoe 'Supporter' & absolutely berated, in front of his own players/substitutes/fans & those of the opposition. Constructive criticism it was not! – A torrid of foul mouthed abuse came out of his mouth.

- Beating Carrickmore must have went to this man's head - or maybe he had under rated Donnaghmore (Who have been going very well for a couple of years & are in the league above Clonoe this year!!!!)

Have to say I felt sorry for the fellow Armagh native, a nice fella trying to do his best with the club & didn't deserve that sort of grief!

Farrandeelin

My dad could be considered one of these nowadays. Nobody's good enough anymore, nobody on the county team is any good in any position. It does my head trying to debate with him but he's gone to hell this year! :o
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stew

Pat Malloy, Ogs supporter extraordinaire once told a former all star that he shouldnt even start on the Ogs team ffs, that same day I drove him out the road home and he got stuck into Flea McCoy, a longtime Harps stalwart and excellent club player, Pat proceeds to tell him that he was grateful for the lift home but that 'you are shite at the football young McCoy" I nearly pished meself laughing.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

We had a supporter once whose nickname was "the criticiser" cos that's all he did.

takeyourownpath

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 17, 2009, 08:09:45 PM
My dad could be considered one of these nowadays. Nobody's good enough anymore, nobody on the county team is any good in any position. It does my head trying to debate with him but he's gone to hell this year! :o

sounds like my da! seems to know a whole load about something he doesn't watch, or listen to, or talk to anyone about!

THE DADGA

the whole population of ulster when hurling is mentioned

EagleLord

Theres an arsehole in every club crowd. One time a couple years ago, during a seconds league game, our resident arsehole shouted on to the ref the usual shite when we conceded a free, which to be fair, was the right desicion. I went over to the ref and said, dont listen to him, he doesnt represent us. Then was so wound up, I looked up onto the hill and shouted at said arsehole, to keep your mouth shut, you're not helping. We won comfortably that day, but on a more competitive day, that kind of shite would sway a ref, they are only human after all.

13aside

Downman here tommy i remember a few years ago in Down where there were no prelims and the umbrella was wielded without warning!!.A couple of clubs were regular offenders(same ladies involve all he time) and it made no diference if the match was at home or away.

AbbeySider

We had a lot of bad negative and abuse shouting sort of supporters in the past but they were put in their place and we dont have that problem now.
Some people in the club were approached by officers of the club and asked politely to keep their negative comments about the team or the ref to themselves.
It seems to have worked and now the whole club is pulling together to be more positive and its amazing the effect when that filters through. Even on the pitch, players never give out to each other and there is never any negative comments at training. Its all encouragement and positivity and its much more enjoyable.

AbbeySider

Quote from: EagleLord on January 29, 2010, 02:56:54 PM
Theres an arsehole in every club crowd. One time a couple years ago, during a seconds league game, our resident arsehole shouted on to the ref the usual shite when we conceded a free, which to be fair, was the right desicion. I went over to the ref and said, dont listen to him, he doesnt represent us. Then was so wound up, I looked up onto the hill and shouted at said arsehole, to keep your mouth shut, you're not helping. We won comfortably that day, but on a more competitive day, that kind of shite would sway a ref, they are only human after all.

I was helping with water at half time of a game and as I passed the ref and offered him some and was going over for a friendly chat.

The same ref and said something along the lines of "Did ya hear that pr**k in the crowd taunting me? 'Arah ref if you were here in time you might see it' " etc...

The ref then began to describe the reason he was late was because he was rushing from one game to the current one, and hadnt even eaten all evening.
More so the reason he was late was because our underage team had arrived at the other venue late so the first games throw was delayed because of us. It was ironic that he was getting abuse from a club about being late for a game when it was our club that was at fault. I apologised but the ref had turned on us for the rest of the game.

rockstar

just because ur shite dont take it out on da supporters >:(
anyway da supporters are usually right >:(

The Hammer

Its the old skool hardcore men that cracks me up !! 'GO THROUGH THAT MAN' 'EMPTY THAT DURTY HORE' and the belter 'QUIT YOUR FANCEY DAN'ING AND HAMMER AWAY'

bonaduche

every year at committe meetings we hear the club officials condemming verbal abuse of refs and players    but the usual suspects forget about their preachings and are usually the main culprits
they are above the ordinary supporter who gets lynched if he steps out of line
I seen a county rather ex tyrone official getting thumped at a local derby for shouting  he thought he was at his own club and had the standard immunity but  " god look to his witt"
he got clashed for his abuse and arrogance..... he then had the ordassity to report the club and tryed to have their pitch closed
  but his rantings fell on deaf ears for once and the county board didnt oblige