Favourite Simpson episode?

Started by corn02, June 14, 2007, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Is this an impossible question for some? With the Movie due next month I think and the fact that the last 4 series' have been drivel, what is your favourite episode.

My favourite is LISA ON ICE- the Ice Hockey one, top class.

ziggysego

Where Homer, Moe and Barney try to make sure Bart isn't gay.
Testing Accessibility

Long time dead

I like the one's with Homer in it, and the one's with the little son in it as well.  The woman with the blue hair has been in some good one's as well and I like the one with that fellow flanders, yeah that was a good one.

Gnevin

Homer vs. The Eighteenth Amendment.
The St Patricks day /Beer barron one
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

darbyo

When Homer teaches the marriage guidance class or when he becomes sanitation commissionaire. Class.

Mack the finger

Its like being asked to choose a favourite child, but here's 5 favourites, in no particular order:

The one where Bart becomes a daredevil and Homer jumps across the gorge
.............where they build the monorail
.............with Frank Grimes, Homers enemy
............Deep space Homer
............where homer stops going to church.

too too difficult

Spiritof98

when Australia try to give bart a kick in the hole.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Ryano

The one with the twin towers. Not shown as much nowadays for obvious reasons...

Homer gets drunk one night and lets Barney drive his car home instead. It ends up being parked and clamped beneath the twin towers in NY. Several months later after having to go to work on a push bike Homer receives a letter from NY threathening him with having his car crushed and thrown into the East river if he does not move it and pay the clamping fee. Funny scene where he phones the clamping company and the automated voice telling him a "Steve Grabousky" will be there between 9am and 5pm to unclamp him. While waiting for the car to be unclamped he meets a Turkish vendor selling Crab Juice and some sort of tacos. After about 20 cans of crab juice Homers needs a pee but has to go to the very top of the towers to use the jacks. Que memory scenes of Homer dancing through Flushing meadows with toilets on all sides and then finally getting to pee and listening to the sheer joy in his voice as he releaves himself. Then driving the car with clamp tearing lumps out of it down the streets of NY, getting shot at and cutting up a horse and carriage to grab the Simpson family and get out of NY before it gets dark cos "Thats when all the weirdos come out". Ends with Homer driving a battered car out across the Brooklyn bridge with a Garbage truck in front spilling rubbish into his face through a broken windscreen to Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York".

Hilarious stuff and a pity we don't see it on tv more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5GysP5umvQ

nifan

Cape Feare spring to my mind, but if i thought about it im sure id change my mind many times

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Gabriel_Hurl

Hank Scorpio episode - that is all

AZOffaly

That was a great one alright hurl. I love where he buys Homer the Denver Broncos, and Homer is disgusted :D

Gabriel_Hurl

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hank: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank:  Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank:  There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There?
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank:  That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district.
Hank:  That's right.

corn02

nifan

good call gab - another definite favourite