Athletics

Started by Eamonnca1, August 25, 2023, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

She'll be sore about losing but took a world lead to beat her. Only 21 or 22 so I would suspect plenty more opportunities including as said the olympics.

gallsman

Huge NR in her second 400m of the season? Outstanding performance and an exceptional run by Kaczmarek to beat her. Little bit of speed endurance lacking at the end and, while she'll obviously be devastated to miss out on gold, she's in a fantastic place heading into the Olympics.

Dunno why it's being flagged as a WL though. McLaughlin ran 48.75 yesterday. Hope she changes her mind and tries to double up

Capt Pat

Is Greg Allen running behind time on the commentary?

He was very slow to realise the Swiss runner had the race in the bag in the 200 metres there. He seems to be a couple of seconds behind what is going on in these sprints.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2024, 10:03:50 PMIs Greg Allen running behind time on the commentary?

He was very slow to realise the Swiss runner had the race in the bag in the 200 metres there. He seems to be a couple of seconds behind what is going on in these sprints.

yeah i thought it was a dreadful commentary in the 400 but if he's calling it from dublin that would make sense.

rte likely being cheap and giving him the iptv pictures  ;D

Muck Savage

Quote from: weareros on June 10, 2024, 08:58:04 PMStill a great run by Rhasidat - that race will stand to her going forward, maybe even as soon as the Olympics.

Brilliant run, 2nd race of the season and no taper. she will knock off another 0.5 sec this year.

gallsman

Another half second this year would put her well inside the top 10 400m runners of all time. I'd be pretty confident she'll reduce it further, but 48.57 would be ludicrous.

Super fast time from Bol tonight. Still don't think she'll get anywhere near McLaughlin in Paris.

imtommygunn

Yeah 0.5 seconds not happening in one year. She still has a shout at a medal in the olympics I think though.

Would like to see Bol beat McLaughlin but like you say can't see it happen.

Womens 4 x 400 team did well. Mawdesley had a great run after a disaster last night. Hopefully adeleke runs the final and there's another medal chance.

nrico2006

As long as Sophie Becker is running.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Captain Obvious

Silver decent going for the Irish girls there.

gallsman

Another incredible leg from Mawdsley. She was never going to be able to run Bol down but she damn near did it. Wouldn't be surprised to see she ran a faster split than her. Adeleke was left with an awful lot to do on her leg and while she got in front, she tied up down the home straight and Healy never had a chance to give them the head start they needed on Bol.

mouview

Alexander Doom. Superb name for a sportsman.

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on June 12, 2024, 08:17:11 PMAnother incredible leg from Mawdsley. She was never going to be able to run Bol down but she damn near did it. Wouldn't be surprised to see she ran a faster split than her. Adeleke was left with an awful lot to do on her leg and while she got in front, she tied up down the home straight and Healy never had a chance to give them the head start they needed on Bol.

Mawdsley did run faster... great run. Dutch just have that bit more depth but it's a fantastic result.

An Watcher

Brilliant, girls spoke well there too

Turf

That was great fair play to them.
Uíbh Fhailí

gallsman

Olympic final the minimum acceptable for them now and an outside chance of a medal. They're a phenomenal group.

Going to be an awful lot of pressure on Adeleke in the next few weeks. The Mixed Relay a terrific shot at a medal but that might hamper her chances at an individual one.