Monaghan v Dublin AI Semi Final 15 July 2023

Started by donelli, July 13, 2023, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Quote from: JoG2 on July 15, 2023, 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 15, 2023, 07:00:23 PM
Ref using the screen to overrule that 45 was awesome. He's had a great game.

Feel Hurson has allowed Dublin to be more physical than Monaghan

He's had an almost flawless game. From the black card, the two balls touched on the ground and overruling the 45. I haven't seen a display of officiating in either code like it this season.

bennydorano

Tomas not sold on the Dubs by the sounds of it, think I'd agree with him, Monaghan faded in the last 15 after a great performance. Unfortunately for Derry I think that game would have knocked any lingering complacency out of Kerry too.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Hurson deserves to ref the final after that performance. Credit where it's due to the ref. They don't get enough praise when they do it right.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 15, 2023, 07:11:32 PM

He's had an almost flawless game. From the black card, the two balls touched on the ground and overruling the 45. I haven't seen a display of officiating in either code like it this season.

He's not allowed to use screen though??? Is he?

AustinPowers

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2023, 07:08:49 PM
Respect to Monaghan, they didn't resort to the dirty hits that Armagh likely would have in their place.

Was wondering when  it would come back to Armagh  ;D

Was there  any rows on the hill today ?  If there was , no doubt it was  those pesky Armagh fans in  Dublin and  Monaghan jerseys

Jonkunlon

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 15, 2023, 07:16:36 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on July 15, 2023, 07:11:32 PM

He's not allowed to use screen though??? Is he?

Did he get the decision right?

Jell 0 Biafra

Not if he's not allowed do it.

Though of course, justice was done.

HiMucker

Quote from: clarshack on July 15, 2023, 07:09:16 PM
It was tight for a long time and the scoreline wasn't a true reflection on the game. The Dubs will be better in 2 weeks.
Ye see this is what I don't get. Dublin were excellent, I don't know how much better they can play than that. Monaghan put it up to them and they came through, simple as that. Be interesting how the game goes tomorrow. I think it will be more of the same. Dubs and Kerry have got too much credit based on the QFs, and Derry and Monaghan not enough.

yellowcard

Gough gets the publicity but Hurson is probably the best referee in the game at the minute.

Thought the Dubs were very ordinary today, they looked toothless in attack and Fitzsimmons looks a shadow of his former self. Kerry will be happy looking at that match today.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 15, 2023, 07:22:15 PM
Not if he's not allowed do it.

Though of course, justice was done.

I accept both your points. I'd rather a referee use his initiative and arrive at the right call. Fair play to him, it was cheeky.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2023, 07:24:18 PM
Gough gets the publicity but Hurson is probably the best referee in the game at the minute.

Thought the Dubs were very ordinary today, they looked toothless in attack and Fitzsimmons looks a shadow of his former self. Kerry will be happy looking at that match today.

Fitzy was excellent today, I thought. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 15, 2023, 07:26:00 PM

Clifford will be licking his lips against Fitzsimmons.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on July 15, 2023, 07:15:06 PM
Tomas not sold on the Dubs by the sounds of it, think I'd agree with him, Monaghan faded in the last 15 after a great performance. Unfortunately for Derry I think that game would have knocked any lingering complacency out of Kerry too.
Kerry also have weaknesses, if not on the scale of Dublin

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2023, 07:27:32 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 15, 2023, 07:26:00 PM

Clifford will be licking his lips against Fitzsimmons.

Maybe so.  Kerry have to get there first though before we can see about that one.

Derryman forever

Monaghan really should be very proud of themselves.
They really gave it their all.