Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Winning and losing of the game was Derry's inability to work with DC.

We all know the mammoth task it is, but CMcK couldnt get a glove on him for most of the match. Granted a lot of came from the way Derry set up to be slightly more attacking which gave Kerry more room to be able to pick him out.

Mario

Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2023, 10:40:36 AM

We all know the mammoth task it is, but CMcK couldnt get a glove on him for most of the match. Granted a lot of came from the way Derry set up to be slightly more attacking which gave Kerry more room to be able to pick him out.
I disagree, losing of the game was our 20% conversion rate in the second half. Tactically it was the right call to leave Clifford one on one and allow the likes of McCluskey, mckinless, Doherty, McEvoy to get forward

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 17, 2023, 10:35:43 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2023, 10:09:08 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2023, 09:52:44 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on July 17, 2023, 09:38:16 AM
Regardless of the debate whether Ryans challenge was a foul, in the interest of protecting the player, was mc Quillan  obligated to stop play for a potential head injury?

That is a very valid point.

Yes he is but when players (not in this case) keep holding their heads at every 'tackle' it can be the a bit much to keep working out was he hit, how bad or where was it on the body.

In this particular incident, the ball was played across the pitch? so the position the keeper was in was natural enough? plus he was really reaching for it and collected it, the aftermath was worse than what I had thought though, but it wasn't a charge, I thought he caught the ball first and collided second.

It's all about opinions though, people want a physical game and when it suits them and non contact when it doesn't

You are one to talk, once gave a free for the best shoulder I've ever saw. Antrim twitter even posted it on their twitter feed it was that good.

But you somehow saw it as a free  ;D ;D

Again I'd focus on why you never won the game rather than the odd mistake, which I agreed with after seeing it ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I thought McK did as good a job as anyone could do tbh. He probably did need a bit more protection mind you.

More depth needed as the 15 were tiring and McKinless needs to layoff the ball earlier as he does great work but just doesn't seem to know when to do that.

McGrogan going off probably a much bigger blow than realised at the time. Again I thought it was a fairly dirty act too but hard to see enough of it on any replays. He kicked it fairly uncontested yet next thing some boy is sliding in and taking him out.

Wildweasel74

Why not play Downey for one of the corner forwards and bring him in front of Clifford. You weren't losing anything up front to be honest. I thought it was a tactical error, you knew that I'd u held Clifford they struggle. What u given to have J Brolly, one of the Bradleys up front to support McGuigan.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2023, 10:44:54 AM
Regardless of the debate whether Ryans challenge was a foul, in the interest of protecting the player, was mc Quillan  obligated to stop play for a potential head injury?

Yes he is but when players (not in this case) keep holding their heads at every 'tackle' it can be the a bit much to keep working out was he hit, how bad or where was it on the body.

In this particular incident, the ball was played across the pitch? so the position the keeper was in was natural enough? plus he was really reaching for it and collected it, the aftermath was worse than what I had thought though, but it wasn't a charge, I thought he caught the ball first and collided second.

It's all about opinions though, people want a physical game and when it suits them and non contact when it doesn't

You are one to talk, once gave a free for the best shoulder I've ever saw. Antrim twitter even posted it on their twitter feed it was that good.

Again I'd focus on why you never won the game rather than the odd mistake, which I agreed with after seeing it ;D

You are rowing back here now.
All Derry supporters know we left thar game behind. Inspite of questionable decisions.
It does not change tge fact that refereeing is haphazard and inconsistent, not only from game to game but from end to end and incident to incident. And you have spent 24 hours telling us it is all in our heads, and team bias. It is not, it is in tge failure of the GAA to put structures in place to bring a team of, highly trained and standardised referees and umpires in place in every province. They have the money , just not the will.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2023, 09:57:21 AM
Lad not called Dublin Joe for nothing, might need renamed Kerry Joe. If he gets the final he not know what to do.

;D

Kerlin Joe?

(Hang on , didn't  he used to play  for Tyrone ?)

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2023, 10:47:41 AM
I thought McK did as good a job as anyone could do tbh. He probably did need a bit more protection mind you.

More depth needed as the 15 were tiring and McKinless needs to layoff the ball earlier as he does great work but just doesn't seem to know when to do that.

McGrogan going off probably a much bigger blow than realised at the time. Again I thought it was a fairly dirty act too but hard to see enough of it on any replays. He kicked it fairly uncontested yet next thing some boy is sliding in and taking him out.

Agree on McGrogan was a serious blow.

I just feel CMcK got into a wrestling match with him off the ball and came off second best, definitely needed a screen of some description.

seafoid

Quote from: Mario on July 17, 2023, 10:42:48 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 17, 2023, 10:40:36 AM

I disagree, losing of the game was our 20% conversion rate in the second half. Tactically it was the right call to leave Clifford one on one and allow the likes of McCluskey, mckinless, Doherty, McEvoy to get forward
In retrospect Derry needed a bigger margin than 3 points coming down the stretch. Next year they will need to be ready for the last minute surge of the other side. And not being psychologically impacted by 2 points. These are things they couldn't have practised.

Pub Bore

4 points in the 2nd half did for Derry.  Glass wasn't at the game.

rrhf

Midfield all stars this year. Donaghy plus 1 from finalists

Wildweasel74

Can't play a player of that quality with no cover. Many of, Clifford's scores, McKeigue was on top of him and he still got them away. Though he should been switched with McAvoy after the yellow card, he was very aware that picking up a 2nd booking and the team was fucked

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 17, 2023, 10:56:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2023, 10:44:54 AM

You are rowing back here now.
All Derry supporters know we left thar game behind. Inspite of questionable decisions.
It does not change tge fact that refereeing is haphazard and inconsistent, not only from game to game but from end to end and incident to incident. And you have spent 24 hours telling us it is all in our heads, and team bias. It is not, it is in tge failure of the GAA to put structures in place to bring a team of, highly trained and standardised referees and umpires in place in every province. They have the money , just not the will.

My quote

"I actually watched this one and it could have been a free when I watched it multiple times, watching it live I didn't give it a second thought."

I'm not sure you know the referee training at inter county level goes on..

Give me your opinion on what they do and I'll fill in the blanks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Clearest red card you'll ever see.
5.17 To behave in any way which is dangerous to an opponent.
Or
5.28 To inflict an injury recklessly on an opponent by
means other than those stated above.

Shocking decision by the Cavan whistler.

Wildweasel74

Glass was pushed out the field yesterday, I though he done OK. Under the high ball Kerry simply had more lads waiting for the break ball than Derry especially in the last 10mins.but the question is, should he have played his normal game sweeping bck.Thought Lynch had a nightmare, so slow with everything he does, be it a quick kickout, there's players free early on he doesn't seem to see. Multi players had words with him He too slow Coming bck and too slow on the ball and not the ability to play out the field, if Derry gonna keep playing this way, they need look at a outfield player or another keeper with better ability on the ball. He a good shot stopper and decent under the high ball bit for what's been asked of him he can't do. Lad should scored 3,pts yesterday