Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Strange refereeing performance. Mc league early yellow was a v important call as well.

rrhf

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 16, 2023, 11:58:05 PM
Dirtiest bunch of pricks we played in years, and we played everybody past 4yrs.Understand why Tyrone detest them so much. Hope Dublin beat them out of the field.
Listen ye werent behind us in our battles, so fight away yer selves but understand it takes so much more in Cp than bringing a good enthusiastic team. Welcome to success

Wildweasel74

What the difference between the Gary Mohan high catch leasing into the Dublin man and the Kerry Keeper on McGuigan

rrhf

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2023, 12:08:59 AM
What the difference between the Gary Mohan high catch leasing into the Dublin man and the Kerry Keeper on McGuigan

Not easy a semi final defeat. Ye need 2 or 3 more players to win Sam. But ye can.. Derry are we're Tyrone were in 96, eventually you will take it on yourselves to stop blaming and then Sam comes

Wolfetones

Quote from: Wolfetones on July 16, 2023, 06:07:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 06:03:29 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:54:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:48:37 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 16, 2023, 05:30:31 PM
Joe has been given his orders.

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

Is a soft free a free or not?

I used the wrong  term.  I don't  think either were free kicks

Push in back when try to dip the ball is a free, when did that change?

What was the foul on the other one? Think it was O'Brien who was "fouled"

Did you have a chance to look at this again Milltown? You're never too short of an opinion.

Wildweasel74

We missing 2 corner forwards, have been for awhile, everybody in Derry knows that, they should played Shea Downey as corner forward and dropped him bck just in front of Clifford. That was Derry biggest mistake today. Not having strong bench a big downfall too, still a fair few players in Derry need be on the panel, with a proper panel of 40, not the bare bones. Goalkeeper hadn't his finest hour either. Mcfaul, McKinless, McKeigue all had to have words with him. He just  not good enough to play deep out the field like Ethan Rafferty

yellowcard

Rather predictably The Sunday Game skirted over the off the ball abuse McGuigan received in that match today by comparing it to the abuse Clifford received which I never actually seen.

It was one of the most blatant pieces of targeting a player seen all season and while I didn't expect Tomas O'Se to say too much he actually said more than Whelan. As for Cora Staunton, Im not sure what she adds but she won't give an opinion on anything yet gets wheeled out week after week.

Derryman forever

Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2023, 12:22:25 AM
Rather predictably The Sunday Game skirted over the off the ball abuse McGuigan received in that match today by comparing it to the abuse Clifford received which I never actually seen.

It was one of the most blatant pieces of targeting a player seen all season and while I didn't expect Tomas O'Se to say too much he actually said more than Whelan. As for Cora Staunton, Im not sure what she adds but she won't give an opinion on anything yet gets wheeled out week after week.

Staunton just produces a word salad of garbage, should not be there .
And they never even hinted at the injury to mc Grogan, nor tge impact that had on the Derry game.
It was avery poor analysis.

Who was it came in on the late sliding tackle that injured him anyway? They wont show any footage of it.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: rrhf on July 17, 2023, 12:13:14 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2023, 12:08:59 AM

Not easy a semi final defeat. Ye need 2 or 3 more players to win Sam. But ye can.. Derry are we're Tyrone were in 96, eventually you will take it on yourselves to stop blaming and then Sam comes

Maybe.  I certainly wouldn't begrudge Derry a Sam, but then again, Mayo have been knocking on the door for years now with no Sam. 

Sometimes your best team in years just runs into a better team.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Derryman forever on July 17, 2023, 12:42:35 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 17, 2023, 12:22:25 AM

Staunton just produces a word salad of garbage, should not be there .
And they never even hinted at the injury to mc Grogan, nor tge impact that had on the Derry game.
It was avery poor analysis.

Who was it came in on the late sliding tackle that injured him anyway? They wont show any footage of it.

A word salad is right. No harm but she can't string two sentences together. There must be other woman out there who can at least give a proper insight to a game. She is well suited to RTE.

Anyway back the the game itself. Disappointing to come out on the wrong side of it. We 100% left that one behind today but you can't give up guilt edge chances against a team like Kerry.

Brendan Rogers is some footballer......that is all!!

Piskin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 16, 2023, 11:58:05 PM
Dirtiest bunch of pricks we played in years, and we played everybody past 4yrs.Understand why Tyrone detest them so much. Hope Dublin beat them out of the field.

Plenty pints of bitter & huge feed of chips are not good for you

NotedObserver

Derry fluffed it in the end. Kerry haven't played Derry in recent years and it showed in the first half as were caught out a bit. Still played poor enuf in second but was enuf to win. Derry wides lost them that game and this could be down to being out of their feet

Mario

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 17, 2023, 03:48:59 AM
Derry fluffed it in the end. Kerry haven't played Derry in recent years and it showed in the first half as were caught out a bit. Still played poor enuf in second but was enuf to win. Derry wides lost them that game and this could be down to being out of their feet
They didn't hit many wides in the final 10 min most of them came in the third quarter and missing the two goal chances were nothing to do with being out on their feet. Derry haven't played Kerry before either but it will be clear to the players the next day that Clifford aside they are every bit as good and probably better footballers than their Kerry counterparts.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2023, 05:50:27 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on July 16, 2023, 05:48:37 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 16, 2023, 05:30:31 PM
Joe has been given his orders.

Mc quillan is the  most infuriating referee  I've ever seen .  I'm all for having respect for official s , but by Christ  he makes it so hard  for people to do that.  Those two very soft frees  effectively won Kerry the game . I ain't from Derry but I am absolutely raging . I dunno how Derry folk are feeling

Is a soft free a free or not?

That appears to depend , on which team benefits, or which end of the ground its at, or the run of play.
So often what is a free in one instance is not a free in a exactly similar instance a few seconds later, and that is by the same referee, in the same game.
Do you want to talk about comparing different refs and games?
GAA refereeing is dreadful, because there are no definitive rules, and as far as i can see no formal, universal training and coaching.  Its long past time that the GAA set up a coaching academy for referees and started to reward them properly for their contribution and talent.

general_lee

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 17, 2023, 06:50:54 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 16, 2023, 11:55:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 16, 2023, 11:18:12 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 16, 2023, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 16, 2023, 10:37:31 PM
Looking at the replay of the Kerry keeper clattering into McGuigan and he knew exactly what he was doing. Another faux pas by McQuillan.

Yep, as cynical a piece of taking a player out as you'll see -- the Ciarraí buachaillí know well what they're at.
What would you do him for?
Not a thing wrong with it for me. He can't stop gravity bringing him back to the ground.

Note: he jumped to collect the ball, not into the challenge.

He jumped and then turned mid air to get his hip into McGuigans face when he saw McGuigan coming... it was 100% a free the other way and a yellow card!
He turned mid air to protect himself in the collision.
Is it the mid air turn that makes it a foul? Had he clattered McGuigan's face without turning it would be ok?
It's not a free.
Very unorthodox way of protecting himself.