Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Tailteann Cup contenders after that performance  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

reddgnhand

Milltown Row2

The extra week looking like a big bonus now, think I'll plum my winnings on Armagh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 01, 2023, 05:36:36 PM
Great to see the schadenfreude. Must be doing something right to have so many haters.

Disappointed in the discipline today. We'll reassess and be back next year.
you's will be back unfortunately. Plenty of quality there still and plenty coming through. 2 Canavans only cubs yet and 2 serious ballers.

tbrick18

No fight in Tyrone at all.
Kerry head and shoulders the better side and look impressive.
Will be very hard to beat.
Mccurry was a luck boy, particularly poor from him today.

Will that be the end of this tyrone management team?
Certainly think in general they could have a few retirements now.

I wouldn't want to meet Kerry in that form though.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 01, 2023, 05:35:28 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 01, 2023, 05:31:20 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 01, 2023, 05:30:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 01, 2023, 05:24:04 PM
Lot of call to be red carding lads there.

As close to perfection as you're gonna see from Kerry today, everything going right for them. Will be huge favourites for semi

Did he give Clifford a straight red or yellow and then red?
second yellow. Thought ref was poor enough, luckily it didn't matter

Ref had no impact on this game as Tyrone were so poor, watching as a neutral there was nothing out of the ordinary either from his calls

I've no idea what these lads are on about.

imtommygunn

Mccurry will likely get a retrospective ban. Kerry basically out tyroned Tyrone there with the way they played. Defensive masterclass.

laceer

No complaints. Kerry miles ahead in second half. Will be hard stopped.

AustinPowers

gallsman

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 01, 2023, 05:36:36 PM
Great to see the schadenfreude. Must be doing something right to have so many haters.

Disappointed in the discipline today. We'll reassess and be back next year.

Who's "hating" ffs. Most people just calling a spade a spade.

HokeyPokey

Even though it was tight in the first half, it still felt off from a Tyrone point of view. Tyrone were too passive in defending and attacking. When a Tyrone team is going well it is full of energy and intensity. They kept Clifford quiet to start with but their whole team got confidence from being able to shut out a ponderous and slow Tyrone attack and other men breaking forward for Kerry. Once Kerry got to 5 points, it felt over. Barry was very lucky to not see the line at the start of the second half as there were much softer yellows given in the match, though I still think Kerry would have won.

I believe there are very much still the players there in Tyrone and more coming through, but there definitely needs to be a shake up which may need to start with the management. They need to take this loss and use it to drive them next year and beyond.

Piskin

Tyrone had no answers today in terms of slick football being played against them. Kerry better all over the pitch in a powerpacked performance. Some of the Kerry passing & movement was a joy to watch and could have had another 3 goals easily.

bennydorano

Tyrone have been playing a long time as a team without a definitive style or system of play.They've serious talent available to them and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind Mickey Harte would have that side uber organised and in the top 3 for a decade.

STREET FIGHTER

Will Tyrone be looking Malachy O' R in??

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on July 01, 2023, 06:43:53 PM
Tyrone have been playing a long time as a team without a definitive style or system of play.They've serious talent available to them and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind Mickey Harte would have that side uber organised and in the top 3 for a decade.

You can have the best system in the world but if you don't have the players willing to really put it in its a waste of time. Tyrone have had no grit for the last 2 years. As a couple have mentioned already, you just can't switch it on

Enjoyed Jack O'Connor doing his best Fr Austin impression after the game... "I'm absolutely delighted...."