Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Was O'Toole's tackle not a rip? ( I can't remember if it was his but there was one given where the ball was ripped from the attackers hand)

Although it rarely seems to be given my understanding was always that you can't rip a ball from someone's hands you have to knock it out with an open hand.

reddgnhand

I don't know what's worse. Where should he have been? And someone actually agreeing with you.

Wildweasel74

Beat Derry, wouldn't think it, Tyrone nearly got put out by Westmeath last week. More worried about coming out the wrong side of the Galway / Mayo draw. Rather have Mayo win, we normally play well against them, but always been poor against Galway. Suppose most people be looking Monaghan or Cork. Still Dublins to lose.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: gallsman on June 24, 2023, 09:22:30 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the 15 mins of completely shithousery at the end of that. What the Donegal boys were doing initiating it at times when they were down by 7 I'll never know. McMenamin is some fecking eejit for getting involved.

Meyler - absolutely should have walked for that. Utter stupidity and lucky it's not going to cost them next time out.

Patton - even bigger eejit. Dunno how he thought he'd get away with that.

McKernan - didn't need to roll around like that. Lads defending that is a bit like the Armagh lads last week suggesting criticising Forker was unfair. Earlier on he made sure to stay on the ground getting his medical attention until ref had given out the yellow card and then bounced up immediately. EBG was clearly chatting to him about it after. Was he fouled on both occasions? Absolutely. Does his reputation precede him? Absolutely. Sooner or later there'll be a boy who cried wolf moment that'll cost Tyrone.

Good luck tomorrow in the Tailteann I think there's another thread for that

Wildweasel74

3 games this year, the ball been ripped out of a players hands. It's a few as far as I kniw but not seen 1 given this year.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 24, 2023, 09:57:53 PM
Beat Derry, wouldn't think it, Tyrone nearly got out out by Westmeath last week. More worried about coming out the wrong side of the Galway / Mayo draw. Rather have Mayo win, we normally play well against them, but always been poor against Galway. Suppose most people be looking Kildare or Cork. Still Dublins to lose.

Kildare are out

trueblue1234

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 24, 2023, 09:56:00 PM
I don't know what's worse. Where should he have been? And someone actually agreeing with you.

I'll let you ponder that for a while.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

screenexile

I'd be happy enough to avoid Galway/Mayo. Wouldn't fear Tyrone or Cork to be honest. Cork are going better but they're still not great and I think we match up very well against Tyrone as we proved last year and Tyrone haven't looked great this year with only 2 wins against 14 man Armagh Armagh and a fairly toothless Donegal.

The draw will be interesting with potential for 2 all Ulster clashes although hopefully that isn't the case. I'd imagine whoever has the chance to would rather play Monaghan or Cork.

reddgnhand

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 24, 2023, 10:03:41 PM

I give up. Where should he have been?

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2023, 09:46:07 PM
Was O'Toole's tackle not a rip? ( I can't remember if it was his but there was one given where the ball was ripped from the attackers hand)

Although it rarely seems to be given my understanding was always that you can't rip a ball from someone's hands you have to knock it out with an open hand.
If ripping is the  word,
Ryan O'Toole ripped it from a Kildare defender, was deemed a foul , later on Conor Boyle had the ball ripped from him  straight after Kildare's successful crossbar challenge - no foul,  in the later game  two Tyrone players disposed (ripping the ball from) a Donegal player, no foul.

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on June 24, 2023, 10:14:52 PM
I'd be happy enough to avoid Galway/Mayo. Wouldn't fear Tyrone or Cork to be honest. Cork are going better but they're still not great and I think we match up very well against Tyrone as we proved last year and Tyrone haven't looked great this year with only 2 wins against 14 man Armagh Armagh and a fairly toothless Donegal.

The draw will be interesting with potential for 2 all Ulster clashes although hopefully that isn't the case. I'd imagine whoever has the chance to would rather play Monaghan or Cork.

With 4 Ulster teams involved there is scope for an all Ulster semi or even two all Ulster semis. If Galway win then they cannot play Armagh and so there is a two third chance of them playing Kerry or Dublin. Armagh have a reasonable chance against Monaghan or Cork and Derry likewise against Tyrone or Cork. A Mayo that could beat Galway would be dangerous, although they might have injuries from the battle.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Yes, but pulling a ball out of a players hands is a foul, always has been, so what changed this year? Too many different refs are not blowing a free.

trueblue1234

Quote from: reddgnhand on June 24, 2023, 10:20:34 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 24, 2023, 10:03:41 PM

I give up. Where should he have been?
That's a pity.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit