Predict Prelim Q/finals: Kildare/Monaghan, Cork/Ros, Donegal/Tyrone, Galway/Mayo

Started by GAABoardMod5, June 21, 2023, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Rosaries looking comfortable so far although they'd want a goal. Cork have a bit of work to do!

Silkyskillssunshinee

The hurling folk won. This is almost impossible to watch. A knockout match to qualify for a quarter-final and this is what's served up.

full moon

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on June 24, 2023, 02:34:49 PM
The hurling folk won. This is almost impossible to watch. A knockout match to qualify for a quarter-final and this is what's served up.

Was about to post similar, the game is lost its awful stuff. No wonder attendances are down so much and the stadium isn't even half full for last 12 knockout match.

Handpass back and sideways most of the time, barely any contact. Most scores from frees. It's so boring

thewobbler

It must be truly horrible to play against Roscommon.

I've absolute respect for their discipline and control. I really do.

But f**k me, it's anti football.

Blowitupref

Half time Cork 0-6 Roscommon 0-7. Rossies the better team but have allowed Cork back into the match with the final three scores of the half and the Cork crowd that was fairly muted has found it's voice.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

full moon

I was thinking yesterday has the shoulder all but been eliminated from the game? Only few years back lads would be busting each other with 50-50 shoulders and other contact regularly, it's nearly totally disappeared from the game unlike in hurling.

I do think referees got strict on it for some reason and it's almost totally gone now, you'd barely see a good shoulder to shoulder in any match now. Just another reason there is less contact and it's more boring.

Then again it's hard to shoulder when teams handpass it around and there's barely any contests to win the ball.

full moon

Quote from: thewobbler on June 24, 2023, 02:38:14 PM
It must be truly horrible to play against Roscommon.

I've absolute respect for their discipline and control. I really do.

But f**k me, it's anti football.
They are just a more polished version of the other teams too. Most sides playing the same shite now.

It will be the same crap in the next two matches today too. Donegal were often the worst for it but most others are the same now level now.

yellowcard

If anybody can manage to watch 3 games of gaelic football back to back today then fair play to them. My viewing will start for the last 15 minutes of the next game and then I'll watch the Tyrone v Donegal match this evening. I've better things to be doing than watch 3-4 hours of hand passing and possession ball.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

full moon

Id rather Roscommon win because they are a much smaller county and Cork have very poor football support

Saffron_sam20