The Titanic. Submersible goes missing

Started by Square Ball, June 19, 2023, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

How long until the movie comes out? Is it going to have a happy or tragic ending?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Top G on June 22, 2023, 08:52:24 AM
I wonder what is going on in that submarine

Do they know how much oxygen they have left?
Are they wondering why nobody is looking for them / found them?
Has there been any disputes involving rations?

The only rations you'd be concerned with is oxygen!!

If at the bottom of the sea it will be freezing

The worst would be if it was on the surface and they had no way of opening the hatch, as it can be only opened from the outside!

There is an explorer on board who'll know what will happen, so no doubt those on board will be conserving as much energy as they can

They might never be found
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Some "expert" on the news said they need to rest and conserve energy, even restrict talking, in the next breath he said they need to be banging like f**k on the submersible to make noise
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JPGJOHNNYG

I see Britain were still loading their mini submarine on a plane this morning. Not sure how much help that is going to be as it ain't getting there on time

Jeepers Creepers

Am I right in reading that there is no machine nor team in the world capable of lifting/ retrieving/ rescuing the vehicle if on the seabed at that depth?

clarshack

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 22, 2023, 10:25:31 AM
Am I right in reading that there is no machine nor team in the world capable of lifting/ retrieving/ rescuing the vehicle if on the seabed at that depth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60607784

That Fighter Jet was recovered from a similar depth.

seafoid

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 22, 2023, 10:25:31 AM

No.
They  have to find it  but if they do they can attach a rope to it with a remote vehicle and pull it up. That is easier than finding it.

Square Ball

must be horrible sitting there waiting to die, while still holding out of some sort of miracle.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

red hander

Listening to expert on news saying likelihood of 'banging' noises being the submersible a million to one, as so many sounds come from the depths. I've a feeling these guys died days ago when communication was lost due to catastrophic failure of the hull under that pressure. Death would have been in blink of an eye. Hope I'm wrong, hope they're rescued. But can't help feel uncomfortable at all that has been thrown at this after events last week off Greece. Humanity is in one shit state.

Square Ball

Quote from: red hander on June 22, 2023, 01:39:45 PM
Listening to expert on news saying likelihood of 'banging' noises being the submersible a million to one, as so many sounds come from the depths. I've a feeling these guys died days ago when communication was lost due to catastrophic failure of the hull under that pressure. Death would have been in blink of an eye. Hope I'm wrong, hope they're rescued. But can't help feel uncomfortable at all that has been thrown at this after events last week off Greece. Humanity is in one shit state.
Was thinking that when doing my post, how many thousands upon thounds of people are waiting to die from starvation and waiting on international help?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

burdizzo

Quote from: red hander on June 22, 2023, 01:39:45 PM
I've a feeling these guys died days ago when communication was lost due to catastrophic failure of the hull under that pressure. Death would have been in blink of an eye. Hope I'm wrong, hope they're rescued.

I suspect the same - and I hope you're right about death being in the blink of an eye. Sitting in that yoke for days trying to conserve air would be just hellish.

Milltown Row2

What has happened in Greece has been happening for years and no one is actually that worried about it, cause more deaths are around the corner, for most parts the same people giving off about it wouldn't want a refugee living next door to the or up the street from them.. Probably complaining about too many immigrants

If you (not your per-se, but in general) are really feeling uncomfortable about it then take someone in from Syria or give a chunk of money to support groups. We are all good at having an opinion on something but not really willing to do something about it.

Watched The Swimmers the other day, by christ, if half that story is close to being real then we've nowt to complain about for the rest of our lives
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

NY Times podcast this morning reckons it could have been part of the Titanic itself collapsing on top of them and trapping them. Apparently it is in such a fragile, corroded state that that is a very real risk. Which would make you wonder why any manned vehicle would go inside the wreck?

rrhf

Surely if comms where down they would consolidate their position and not try and enter the wreck. Sounds like a mad theory.

Louther

Some of the commentary round this is revealing as to the mindset of some and the everything has to be some way a conspiracy theory.

From looking on Twitter, some of the reasoning been discussed:
Billionaires paid millions to fake their own deaths.
Who was onboard and what did they know that made the west/Gates/Soros/deep state get rid of them in a planned sabotage.
What did they stumble upon that resulted them in been taken out....something something Nord stream pipeline.
Was there even a sub in first place and this a false flag towards further attacks on Russia and increased security budgets.

People have far too time in their hands.