The Titanic. Submersible goes missing

Started by Square Ball, June 19, 2023, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: pbat on June 21, 2023, 10:15:00 AM
Didn't see the rush to the Mediterranean Sea by the worlds navy's and undersea experts last week when 500 plus were lost. But they only immigrants and not billionaires.

Well there was nobody to save 3 days later, which isn't the case here.
It was also all over the news at the time.

J70

Supposedly the company CEO, who is the pilot on this particular, possibly doomed, dive, has a history of whining about safety regulations and certification "hindering" innovation. The viewing portal was supposedly only certified to operate to a depth of 1300m, not the 4000m the Titanic lies at. Doesn't sound like this vessel was independently assessed at all.

Even if he makes it out, between the law suits and the charges to the tax payers of various countries, his company is done.

clarshack

Quote from: J70 on June 21, 2023, 12:50:03 PM
Supposedly the company CEO, who is the pilot on this particular, possibly doomed, dive, has a history of whining about safety regulations and certification "hindering" innovation. The viewing portal was supposedly only certified to operate to a depth of 1300m, not the 4000m the Titanic lies at. Doesn't sound like this vessel was independently assessed at all.

Even if he makes it out, between the law suits and the charges to the tax payers of various countries, his company is done.

watched the first 15 mins of the 1997 Titanic film last night as I remembered they went down in submersibles at the beginning of the film. Bill Paxton's character said that if the 9 inch thick windows were to go in the submersible it would be sayonara in two micro-seconds.

AustinPowers

Any hint  of foul play here?

I mean , a handful of   billionaires in the  same  sub?  Everybody vknows you don't put  all your main/valuable  men on the  same plane. I mean , Bono flies separately from the rest of u2 I hear. Although maybe  the other 3 insist on that arrangement , as he's  a knobhead

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on June 21, 2023, 12:50:03 PM

The rescue involves vessels from Canada, the US, France and the UK as well as private operators. Imagine how much it  has cost to date.
This will probably destroy the company which never wanted to be certified. I doubt any claims would be paid.

square_ball

I see the stepson of one of the men is taking it well anyway. Made sure he didn't miss a concert anyway.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/20/titanic-titan-submersible-rescue-mission-blink-182-concert/

JohnDenver

Quote from: square_ball on June 21, 2023, 02:19:40 PM
I see the stepson of one of the men is taking it well anyway. Made sure he didn't miss a concert anyway.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/20/titanic-titan-submersible-rescue-mission-blink-182-concert/

It could be a case the step father said don't waste your time one me you're already the voice inside my head......

quit yo jibbajabba

JohnDenver does Blink182 - things you didnt think youd see on the gaaboard today

nrico2006

Quote from: pbat on June 21, 2023, 10:15:00 AM
Didn't see the rush to the Mediterranean Sea by the worlds navy's and undersea experts last week when 500 plus were lost. But they only immigrants and not billionaires.

No time machines yet boss.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 21, 2023, 01:43:09 PM
Any hint  of foul play here?

I mean , a handful of   billionaires in the  same  sub?  Everybody vknows you don't put  all your main/valuable  men on the  same plane. I mean , Bono flies separately from the rest of u2 I hear. Although maybe  the other 3 insist on that arrangement , as he's  a knobhead

Couldn't see it. It'd be a bit of a roundabout way to bump someone off, worthy of a Bond villain planning an amusing death for 007.

Eamonnca1

The internet's having a bit of fun with this today. Interesting how little sympathy there is for the people who're probably dead or dying. Could be the guillotine mentality coming out in a climate of wealth inequality.

trileacman

Have been following this all day. Felt ashamed earlier when I realised that I know the names and background of all 5 of these men and not a single thing about any of the 500 migrants who were involved in the recent sinking. Some people will try to blame the media for that but in reality it's my fault.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

burdizzo

Quote from: trileacman on June 21, 2023, 10:05:22 PM
Have been following this all day. Felt ashamed earlier when I realised that I know the names and background of all 5 of these men and not a single thing about any of the 500 migrants who were involved in the recent sinking. Some people will try to blame the media for that but in reality it's my fault.

Yeah, get researching!

armaghniac

The migrants on the boat would probably not tell you who they are even if you were an immigration officer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

Especially if you were an immigration officer.