The Titanic. Submersible goes missing

Started by Square Ball, June 19, 2023, 04:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Read somewhere that if they were above water they could use radio the contact.  Sub can only be opened from outside. And if thry could get out the pressure would  crush them.  Horrible way to go. Hopefully they will be found alive and rescued. But they could be lost forever, like that Malaysia flight.

DhoireTheas

Moderator why do you delete my comment saying that the ship was built by Ulster loyalists when this is fact? Maybe you haven't researched the ships history moderator? Anyway you won't see me posting on this forum again after that style of underhand moderation.

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: DhoireTheas on June 20, 2023, 06:06:52 PM
Moderator why do you delete my comment saying that the ship was built by Ulster loyalists when this is fact? Maybe you haven't researched the ships history moderator? Anyway you won't see me posting on this forum again after that style of underhand moderation.

Make your point without throwing insults, please.

marty34

Crazy that it has no tracker or system to keep it in contact with others.  You'd think, in 2023, thst this would be standard.

For all the money spent on it and it doesn't even have this is madness.  Who passes a yoke like this anyway?

HiMucker

First goings off I thought the same. Turns out GPS doesn't really work that great or not at all at nearly 4km under the water. This is like going up Everest, you are taking a massive risk and if something goes wrong it's unlikely you will be able to be rescued. Humans have always pushed the boundaries, I think these explorers/tourists are getting a bit of unfair criticism.

armaghniac

Quote from: marty34 on June 20, 2023, 06:26:17 PM
Crazy that it has no tracker or system to keep it in contact with others.  You'd think, in 2023, thst this would be standard.

For all the money spent on it and it doesn't even have this is madness.  Who passes a yoke like this anyway?

Apparently, contact with a vessel 4000m under the ocean is rather challenging as radio etc does not work.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DhoireTheas on June 20, 2023, 06:06:52 PM

Plenty Catholics worked in the yard, maybe you haven't researched your history
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

weareros

Sad and horrific. Looking at the size of that thing, you couldn't pay me to get into it, never mind paying 250,000 for the privilege to be packed in with 5 others at the bottom of the ocean. I hope somehow they can be rescued.

Franko

Quote from: Top G on June 20, 2023, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2023, 12:36:27 PM
What maritime or government agency approved this sub? What testing has it undergone? It's like a technology project from school. Even if they find it on the bottom of the ocean there's no way to go and get it. Best hope is that it is bobbing up and down on the surface.... and they can't get out cause it is sealed from the outside... f**k me like.

Why would something in international waters need approval?

"Something" generally would

An IMO registration certificate usually

Especially if it carrying fee-paying passengers

Though the area of underwater exploration vessels is a bit greyer in terms of the requirements

smort

Periodic banging noises have been detect, every 30mins apparently

I bet the film script has been written already, just waiting on the ending

Milltown Row2

Quote from: smort on June 21, 2023, 08:14:53 AM

Just thinking that when I heard the news on way to work!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2023, 08:18:24 AM

Just thinking that when I heard the news on way to work!!

That's another  Oscar for  Tom Hanks, no doubt

RedHand88

TITAN (2027)

Starring Tom Hanks
Directed by James Cameron

pbat

Didn't see the rush to the Mediterranean Sea by the worlds navy's and undersea experts last week when 500 plus were lost. But they only immigrants and not billionaires.