Minor All Ireland Football Championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, May 26, 2023, 07:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Too me Derry way stronger and got all the play, maybe there a strong wond there.Abit of a pot luck with the long ball for the goal.

Wildweasel74

On another point, there nobody at these underage games. I was supposed to go, there alot of senior games, then alot of U20 and Minor games The big increase on games across the board might see increased  attendance, but not against the number of games. Poor turn out U20 final, poor turn out this one, Should these games not be played before a qualifier or bck to the old days and the Ulster final.

Estimator

Derry playing too much around the outside without really threatening. Could easily get caught on the break. Armagh giving away too many handy frees.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Sportacus

Dreadful game in my opinion.  Pulling everyone back inside the 45 and the other team throwing it around in front of them.  The number of backward passes is embarrassing.  Sad to see young lads buying into this over-coached bollix. The only thing it has going for it is it might be a close finish. No wonder stadiums are empty.

Wildweasel74

Not much Derry can do, they toasted Armagh when they played open in a earlier game, Armagh played all behind the ball whole game, trying to catch Derry on a break.Derry are matching that set up. Goal was the only thing keeping Armagh in it.

Wildweasel74

That lad just dragged the Derry No.7 to the ground. Amazed that not a black card.

Estimator

As blatant a black card as you could ever see. And the ref gives a yellow!?!
Ulster League Champions 2009

AustinPowers

Quote from: Estimator on May 26, 2024, 02:15:31 PMAs blatant a black card as you could ever see. And the ref gives a yellow!?!

Such a clear black. Like a cop jumping  on a  burglar

Wildweasel74

Captain Obvious

Derry two point winners in the end and look like the team to beat in the All Ireland series. It's Longford for Armagh next and Dublin for Derry I'll be surprised if the two Ulster finalists don't progress to the All Ireland semi finals.

armaghniac

Quote from: Estimator on May 26, 2024, 02:15:31 PMAs blatant a black card as you could ever see. And the ref gives a yellow!?!

The Armagh minors could learn from the senior team who are more disciplined nowadays.
Derry the better team on balance, as expected.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Derry players in there 2nd year made the big difference there, they were all the scorers.Hard to know if they as good as last years team, they got a very good half back and half forward line,  but not the same target man as Higgins last year.

bennydorano

Hard luck Armagh. Don't see Derry winning any All Ireland tbh, very easily nullified today by a team they beat by 17 pts a few weeks ago. Then again it's hard to know how the provinces measure up and if they'll give Derry the free reign to do what they like.

Blowitupref

Quote from: bennydorano on May 26, 2024, 02:33:38 PMHard luck Armagh. Don't see Derry winning any All Ireland tbh, very easily nullified today by a team they beat by 17 pts a few weeks ago. Then again it's hard to know how the provinces measure up and if they'll give Derry the free reign to do what they like.

From what I've seen and similar to U20 this year Ulster appears to be the strongest province of the four.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

Quote from: Sportacus on May 26, 2024, 02:07:32 PMDreadful game in my opinion.  Pulling everyone back inside the 45 and the other team throwing it around in front of them.  The number of backward passes is embarrassing.  Sad to see young lads buying into this over-coached bollix. The only thing it has going for it is it might be a close finish. No wonder stadiums are empty.

Tell us how you would have set Armagh up to try to win the final today considering their last game? Just go for it?

Well done Mackers, big Gavin and squad. Dublin next