Kerry v Mayo - AI Senior Championship - R1 - Fitzgerald Field - Sat 20th 3pm

Started by highorlow, May 15, 2023, 10:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Manning18 on May 19, 2023, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2023, 04:40:10 PM
The rumour was obviously false but hey fire away with that narrative about mayo support ya wanted to get off your Chesteen . Great to have supporters though , great craic , what it's all about some would say but I understand ye are all about the all Ireland . Yer just different gravy altogether to us little old mayo wans .

Strange one to be espousing the Mayo support on the weekend they're supposedly bringing their least amount of fans for many a year to Killarney. The cost of living crises hitting hard up there? There's no soccer/rugby/hurling to distract, so it's a strange one for the self anointed "best fans in Ireland"

I am sure that is a bit of a factor.
also the same supporters will have to go to Limerick for a possible knockout game V Cork in three weeks, then a week later another non home game V (hopefully) a third seeded team, then Croke Park the week after that for a Q/Final. All assuming we can get to a Q/Final.

yellowcard

I think Kerry only began training seriously after the Portugese training camp and they will be keen to win this in order to avoid Dublin and Galway in a quarter final. Kerry to win by 6-7 points. 

seafoid

This video from 2014 represents the high point of Mayo power in Connacht for me
It always goes in circles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9In3bD0D4n8

From the Bunker

Quote from: Manning18 on May 19, 2023, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 19, 2023, 04:40:10 PM
The rumour was obviously false but hey fire away with that narrative about mayo support ya wanted to get off your Chesteen . Great to have supporters though , great craic , what it's all about some would say but I understand ye are all about the all Ireland . Yer just different gravy altogether to us little old mayo wans .

Strange one to be espousing the Mayo support on the weekend they're supposedly bringing their least amount of fans for many a year to Killarney. The cost of living crises hitting hard up there? There's no soccer/rugby/hurling to distract, so it's a strange one for the self anointed "best fans in Ireland"

Ah, the Football is a dead squib! Nobody cares who wins on Sunday or what ever day it's on. RTE don't even care to show the game. Jez it's as boring as feck. The GAA went from a decent League competion to a half arsed provincial competition where no-one is rewarded bar the provincial winners to another League competition.

Eire90

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2023, 11:40:26 AM

Galway were a bit of a joke in those days. Took a fair bit of heavy lifting from Kevin Walsh to get Galway back competitive again . Circles or Cycles? Either way. I'm not sure about this.

Rossfan

Quote from: Eire90 on May 20, 2023, 01:22:16 PM
maybe they not going in big numbers as its not knockout
That plus you have 2 games closer to home coming up plus charging €25....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2023, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2023, 11:40:26 AM

Galway were a bit of a joke in those days. Took a fair bit of heavy lifting from Kevin Walsh to get Galway back competitive again . Circles or Cycles? Either way. I'm not sure about this.
They were a long was from being a serious team and took a long time to turn it around

Blowitupref

Rumours still flying around about Mayo injuries, Lee Keegan might be right yet, Should be confirmed in the next hour or so.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

3 changes to the Mayo starting team confirmed. out Paddy Durcan,Stephen Coen,Fionn McDonagh out and in Donnacha McHugh,Padraig o'Hora,Jason Doherty

Starting team now

Colm Reape;
Jack Coyne, David McBrien, Sam Callinan;
Padraig O'Hora, Conor Loftus, Donnacha McHugh;
Mattie Ruane, Diarmuid O'Connor
Jason Doherty, Jack Carney, Jordan Flynn
Aidan O'Shea, James Carr, Ryan O'Donoghue.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Two goal chances in the opening few minutes for Mayo was saved. They get the first score of the a game (a point)

seafoid

Blowitupref

screenexile

Strange game so far... very open but a lot of mistakes as well.