Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

As you mention them, (clarification needed lest I be accused in this lame brain game of "you're obsessed with us. No you're obsessed with us" shit)  ::)  it hasn't stopped Liverpool buying a few decent midfielders and United have offloaded some older guys with high wages. Sneijder is only turned 27 too, not that old. If he is the right player you don't worry about resale value. Get 5 or 6 years out of him and he's worth nearly any money. Maybe after the Veron, Berbatov outlays and drop in "resale value" United avoid these types of deals.

City don't have any financial worries but I disagree with you, I think Aguero is a big risk for them, especially with an ultra conservative manager. They have great attacking talent at that club but most of them spend most of their time on the bench while the likes of Barry, Zabaletta and DeJong bore the pants off all and sundry.

Bingo

It would be at the Veron and Berbatov end of the scale that i would consider Sneijder and maybe the powers that be are fearful of this repeating itself. I don't think O'Shea and Browns wages would even touch Sneijders combined. 27 isn't old now but in 2 years its 29 and possibly considered old then.

I'm sure United are building in other factors when setting his value - lack of EPL experience (its a poor argument in fairness, as he played for Mourinho and flourished), at Madrid he didn't set world on fire, Inter bought him very cheap hence his big wages.

I'd buy him in a heart beat and was sick when Liverpool sold Alonso to Madrid that Sneijder wasn't going the other way.

Re City and Mancini, I imagine they are waiting till Jose throws toys out of pram at Madrid before moving for him. Can't see Mancini lasting too long this season.

Boycey

In fairness this "youth" policy at United predates the Glazers, I think only 3 players over 26 have been signed for a substantial fee in the last 16 years. Before anyone pulls me on it note the word substantial I'd be leaving out players like VDS, Sheringham and Blanc. Seems like good practice but sometimes simple economics should be forgotten if you need the player bad enough...

We have been told umpteen times that the Ronaldo money is still available should it be needed, let us see it then, ally that with the removal of big earners like Schole, Neville, Hargreaves, VDS all circa 80k a week plus Wes, Jos maybe 60k a week I'd say if United have identified him as being the man they should just go and get it done!!

I disagree with Bingo his lack of Premier League (I just can't call it the EPL) defo works against him, he's prone to be injured and the Premier league is the toughest of all and there would be no point in paying the huge amounts involved if he gonna he sitting in stands more often than not

Minder

For any of you sick fucks that are interested, MUTV seems to be free tonight.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

Took a walk around Hoboken there. Theres about 800 people lining up to get into the Cake Boss (reality TV cake shop) and about 30 people waiting on the Man U players to leave their hotel......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ross4life

Quote from: The Iceman on July 27, 2011, 07:30:15 PM
Took a walk around Hoboken there. Theres about 800 people lining up to get into the Cake Boss (reality TV cake shop) and about 30 people waiting on the Man U players to leave their hotel......
Yeah the Cake boss guy is very popular, i was over for a wedding last November in Hoboken area i couldn't get over the the amount of people lining up to get into his shop.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: The Iceman on July 27, 2011, 07:30:15 PM

Theres a fair chance Anderson and Rooney are in the Cake shop!

Carmen Stateside

Jones starts tonight, at right back too! 

ross4life

Jones started the last game, he's the new Mr versatile. Henry,Beckham on the MLS All Star starting line up.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Carmen Stateside

Hes done well so far.  United playing some nice stuff, but both teams getting alot of time on the ball.  Beckhams passing still top notch, Parks goal was nice.

bloodybreakball

spot on meagpie seanie, but i think that other fella is right too you need to be wary of boys going for pay-days, which of course, ferguson would be wary of. also worth bearing in mind just how could sneijder is and a lot of people are making the point that wesley will bring on utd's younger players. how good is this young boy morrison that got off with the assault charge??? i really hope paul pogba isnt dung aft. utd making all that hassle over going for him.

nrico2006

No matter whats going on with the man off the field, but I think that if Ravel Morrison is the great talent he is made out to be then this season should be the one where he starts showing it.  Was thinking the other day that maybe Pogba will start to see a bit of game time this year.  How is Davide Petrucci faring up since the injury?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/14339145.stm

Utd into the Milk Cup final. Wonder are there any future stars here?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2011, 11:55:39 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/14339145.stm

Utd into the Milk Cup final. Wonder are there any future stars here?
i hear nick barmbys son is the main man for them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either