Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Not even the mighty Barca have avoided debt i remember reading they didn't pay their players for a few months last season and i think for the first time ever? they will get money for a shirt sponsor next season.

The high tax rate in the PL doesn't help either.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

It is interesting reading the German  papers about Man Utd. They don't have any Man Utd fans so they can write what they want It's like reading about Cork after the 2006 hurling final.
Suddenly the standard changed. 

Norf Tyrone

If you could pick any 11 players in the world bar the Barcé ones, could they give them a game? I seriously doubt it!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Worker

Would Barca win the world cup? id say so

ExiledGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 29, 2011, 10:09:19 PM
If you could pick any 11 players in the world bar the Barcé ones, could they give them a game? I seriously doubt it!

Said the exact same thing today. Unbelievable to have three of the all-time greats playing in the same team, in the same area. To grow up together at the club almost, that spirit and atmosphere coupled with that ability makes them almost unbeatable.
But for a horrible Inter Milan team doing what they did they would now be sitting with three European Cups in a row.
As annoying as it is to see the club you support totally outclassed it's a pleasure to watch them play.

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on May 29, 2011, 10:16:01 PM
Would Barca win the world cup? id say so

2010 World cup final team

Iker Casillas
Sergio Ramos    
Gerard Piqué
Carles Puyol    
Joan Capdevila    
Sergio Busquets
Xabi Alonso       
Iniesta    
Xavi    
Pedro       
David Villa

-Capdevila & the Real Madrid lads they did win the world cup & Alves,Messi,Abidal are better than those three...keeper option is debatable
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Spain are basically Barcelona without Messi, looking back on the Inter Milan games last year wasn't Iniesta out injured so maybe that's the key to beating them e.g injure one of their key players  ;)   
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

new devil

Congrats Barca what a team...nothing to be ashamed of getting outclassed by that team....still another great season but just like 2 years ago we need at least 2 world class midfielders... Will be interesting to see if fergie really has this "war chest" that Gill says he has

attheraces

Outclassed by the best team I have ever seen, and likely ever will see. Barca play a brand of football no one has ever matched before, it is like liquid football, as if its on the XBox. They dominate teams plus 65% possesion week in week out.

Moving on who would you like to see at Old Trafford next season?

I'd love Bale and Modric. Young as well. Sneijder is a great player but whether he would fit in is debatable, a team has to be built around him. Get rid of Berbatov while we can make a decent return as well and bring Welbeck back in. I think Rodwell is overpriced at £20 mil.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Gold

Barca unreal. I was lucky enough to see them in their prime this year and will do all i can to get back this autumn while this great side is still together.

As for United. Sweinsteager for midfield??

I would've played Scholes --i know he's old but he's the only one who can live with Xavi and Andres. Carrick is wooden and Giggs was a passenger--his head wasnt in it--Fergie was too loyal keepin him on.

Valencia disapointed--i think he's the real deal and made all the difference when he returned from injury but his head was down from early on.

Playin v Barca would kn**ker you--it'd be like playin Tyrone at their peak--men runnin everywhere--your tongue hangin out busted. You might get and odd goal but they'll keep chippin away at you. Death by a thousand passes
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

attheraces

Quote from: Gold on May 30, 2011, 12:09:19 AM
Barca unreal. I was lucky enough to see them in their prime this year and will do all i can to get back this autumn while this great side is still together.

As for United. Sweinsteager for midfield??

I would've played Scholes --i know he's old but he's the only one who can live with Xavi and Andres. Carrick is wooden and Giggs was a passenger--his head wasnt in it--Fergie was too loyal keepin him on.

Valencia disapointed--i think he's the real deal and made all the difference when he returned from injury but his head was down from early on.

Playin v Barca would kn**ker you--it'd be like playin Tyrone at their peak--men runnin everywhere--your tongue hangin out busted. You might get and odd goal but they'll keep chippin away at you. Death by a thousand passes

Schweinsteiger would be perfect for United I think, but I think he recently pledged his future to Bayern, and players that do that in Germany very rarely seem to go back on their word, unlike players in Eng/Spa/Ita. Thats what I'm hoping anyway so hopefully young Bale comes and puts the famous red jersey on him. Imagine him and Evra down the same line! Overlaps galore!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

midLouth

A lot of ppl seem to be laying blame at Giggs feet, he was always going to be up against it, to be fair a 25 year old Scholes would have struggled with that Carrick lad beside him. Don't know how Ferguson looked at him for the past couple of years and didn't get rid of him.

nrico2006

Good point, and I think that is something that people need to realise when putting United's defeat into perspective.  For all this 'United are average blah blah blah..' talk, the reality is that United (and every other team on the planet) are nowhere near Barcelona.  United are the 2nd best team in Europe, which is a claim that most clubs would love to be able to make but in United's case it is the motivation that will encourage them to get back to number 1.  The summer will be an interesting one, with huge reinforcements needed for midfield.  There is talk of Bale coming but for me he is too one dimensional, the like of Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Modric, Fabregas or Nasri are the type of players United need.  Getting the like of Rodwell and Young would be great too.  I don't care what thinks about Michael Carrick, but he is not good enough for the main midfield role at United.  Too languid without the ball, and too languod with the ball.  I have seen some great players who maybe are one without the other, but never both.  Again, he is clearly eveident for the concession of a goal in a criticial game, the list goes on.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 30, 2011, 09:10:36 AM

Good point, and I think that is something that people need to realise when putting United's defeat into perspective.  For all this 'United are average blah blah blah..' talk, the reality is that United (and every other team on the planet) are nowhere near Barcelona.  United are the 2nd best team in Europe, which is a claim that most clubs would love to be able to make but in United's case it is the motivation that will encourage them to get back to number 1.  The summer will be an interesting one, with huge reinforcements needed for midfield.  There is talk of Bale coming but for me he is too one dimensional, the like of Schweinsteiger, Sneijder, Modric, Fabregas or Nasri are the type of players United need.  Getting the like of Rodwell and Young would be great too.  I don't care what thinks about Michael Carrick, but he is not good enough for the main midfield role at United.  Too languid without the ball, and too languod with the ball.  I have seen some great players who maybe are one without the other, but never both.  Again, he is clearly eveident for the concession of a goal in a criticial ga,me, the list goes on.

;D ;D ;D Boom Boom!!

Square Ball

a hell of a lot of bullplop being posted on here. At 19:45 on ssaturday there were only 2 teams could win the champions league, one won it the other diddnt, united were outclassed by the greatest team in europe by a country mile. Any united supporter who thimks different is totally deluded, and trust me there are numerous. Even had to listen to some saying fergie should go
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid