Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dave on May 01, 2011, 04:16:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2011, 04:05:46 PM
But it won't win them the league, will be decided surely on the final two games, goal difference being level (i think) so If Chelsea win then its about who scores the most Utd have Blackburn and Blackpool

Chelsea have Newcastle and away to Everton on the last day.

If Utd don't win the league then they will have no real complaints, they have thrown a few points away and should have had the league wrapped up already, fair dues Chelsea though. Will be some game next week

But if its not this year or next Utd will surely win 2/3 titles before Liverpool win again ;)
Your forgetting if Chelsea beat United next week they will go ahead of the on goal difference so lets hope they beat them by a big margin..
Btw more obsession of Liverpool from United fans...

Come on Dave your supposed to be neutral fan like me.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dave

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 01, 2011, 04:15:38 PM
Looking at the fixtures, Chelsea: play Newcastle,Everton two teams that have nothing to play for while United have to play two teams fighting too stay up.

Still think United will win league  but it makes next Sunday a real cup final.
If Chelsea can beat them they should go on to win it but I think it will be a draw next week.

Dave

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 01, 2011, 04:33:46 PM
Quote from: Dave on May 01, 2011, 04:16:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2011, 04:05:46 PM
But it won't win them the league, will be decided surely on the final two games, goal difference being level (i think) so If Chelsea win then its about who scores the most Utd have Blackburn and Blackpool

Chelsea have Newcastle and away to Everton on the last day.

If Utd don't win the league then they will have no real complaints, they have thrown a few points away and should have had the league wrapped up already, fair dues Chelsea though. Will be some game next week

But if its not this year or next Utd will surely win 2/3 titles before Liverpool win again ;)
Your forgetting if Chelsea beat United next week they will go ahead of the on goal difference so lets hope they beat them by a big margin..
Btw more obsession of Liverpool from United fans...

Come on Dave your supposed to be neutral fan like me.

I am neutral but I just want to see a exciting end to the season.

sammymaguire

Sky gonna be loving that result today. They'll be talking up the title showdown all week now
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 19, 2011, 09:40:06 PM
Are Utd getting tired? Put that 19 on hold for the moment! ;)
+1

magpie seanie

Very sub standard performace from United yesterday and for that alone they maybe got what they deserved. There is an argument to be made that despite all Arsenal's possession the chance both sides had were fairly even. Annoyingly for everyone the officiating again took centre stage. Penalty for Arsenal and possible red card for Vidic's handball and penalties for United should have been awarded for fouls on Evra and most blatantly Owen near the end. Fabregas being out was a lucky break for Arsernal as he has looked disinterested to me and Ramsey had a point to prove and a bit of fire about him. I think being out of the title race also removed the shackles a bit for them. United looked a bit tired and listless in marked contrast to Tuesday night. A bit like the Newcastle away game. Interstingly Schalke were hammered by Bayern at the weekend and Barca and Real Madrid also lost so all 4 ECL semi finalists lost last weekend.

I sincerely hope that next weeks game in not marred by bad officiating. Chelsea are a champion team and deserve huge credit for keeping plugging away and getting back into it. Much and all as I dislike some of their players they are winners and winners never quit.

The Worker

Barcelona-lite given fergie a head lght. whats it gonna be like in wembley?!

Blowitupref

Quote from: The Worker on May 02, 2011, 01:29:00 PM
Barcelona-lite given fergie a head lght. whats it gonna be like in wembley?!

???
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Question for United fans

Which would be the most disappointing? Schalke knocking United out after having one foot in final or United leading league for most of the season only for Chelsea to pip them at the post.

magpie seanie

Definitely the latter. I suspect neither will occur though.

Shrewdness

My main concern about United right now is that the goals are drying up at just the wrong time.

Since they beat Chelsea at Old Trafford in the Champions League, they have played 5 games, and failed to score in 3 of them (City in cup, Newcastle and Arsenal).
The winner against Everton stemmed originally from Distin failing to clear a routine ball in his own half, and whilst they did manage 2 in Germany, it took about 10 or 11 shots at goal to get them.

After Hernandez and Rooney, nobody else is scoring on a regular basis. We've had token goals lately from Valencia, Park and Giggs, but nobody else is scoring since Berbatov fell out of favour and then got injured.
Earlier in the season, some of Berbatov's goals were the crucial difference between drawing and actually winning games.....Lately, United are missing those goals.

After an excellent season, i feel that Nani is going off the boil in general play and has stopped scoring.
Anderson, Carrick, Gibson and the modern day Scholes aren't going to give us many goals, so is it now down to Rooney and Hernandez to win it for us.

If United avoid defeat next weekend, i believe they'll do enough to clinch the record breaking 19'th title.
But if anything should go wrong next Saturday, it's gone in my opinion.

Something to bear in mind about the match away to Blackburn.....Last season it ended 0-0 at the same stage of the season and played a key part in costing Utd the title.
Even in 1999, when the Treble was won, there was a late season 0-0 draw at Ewood Park which provided the point that beat Arsenal.

We never got to grips with our away form this season, so this season's game at Ewood has DRAW stamped all over it for me, plus 3 points at home to Blackpool.

So that's 4 more points, plus whatever we get against Chelsea.

Will that be enough to regain the title.......Time will tell.

Dave

Good post Shrewdness first sensible post I have seen from a United fan on here.

ross4life

Blowitupref also the latter.

Just like last season the Chelsea Old Trafford game will decide the title & just like last year all United need in this fixture is a draw. lack of goals is indeed a worry but next Sundays game is made for Rooney! remember he was injured last year.

First up Schalke on Wednesday... rumour has it fergie will make 7/8 changes to the starting line up, if United can finish the job it will give them huge confidence going into Sundays game.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2011, 09:12:58 PM
I agree with Shrewdness. However if Utd don't beat Blackburn, it could be season over. To be honest I can actually see Chelsea winning/drawing next weekend. I cannot see Chelsea losing next weekend though. I hope I'm wrong. Assuming Chelsea get a point minimum and Utd continue their 'drawing streak' away from home against Blackburn and Chelsea win their remaining two games Chelsea would have 77, Utd would end up with 78 that's assuming they don't totally balls up against Blackpool on the last day. Winner definitely takes all next weekend. The nearer the game gets, the more nervous this particular Utd fan becomes. Ach que sera sera... Is Rooney out for Sunday's game after getting 5 yellows or how does that work?

Nah, I think an amnesty is declared sometime in April, and 5 cards doesn't mean a suspension. I think it moves up to 7 or 10.