Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: David McKeown on April 13, 2011, 12:40:37 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 13, 2011, 10:52:05 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 12, 2011, 10:53:09 PM
Couple of things;

* Firstly well done to United. Probably the best team over the two legs.
* Despite my point above, Chelsea have been woefully unlucky in Europe again. The 'penalty' last week, and the 'goal' this week. In fact the two frees leading to the goal weren't frees either. Sometimes you have to earn your luck though.
* Formation was better for Chelsea tonight, and needs to be the way going forward for this season.
* Ramires is going to be a star, and was a wee bit unlucky tonight.
* Ryan Giggs. 78 years old, and yet player of the tie. What a c**t.
* What the f**k was Nani at coming out of the tunnel? Holding fingers up or some shit?

Something I should add to above. United's goal was not offside. The was no daylight between the players. However the two frees leading to the goal were not frees. IMVHO.

That interoperation about a requirement for clear daylight was removed years ago was it not?  Is the interpretation not now that you are offside if any part of your body which can legally score a goal is closer to the goal line than any part of the penultimate defensive player. Therefore Utds first last night was offside. That said Terry should have been off and IMO so should Lampard.

Paudie??  That you?

;D

nrico2006

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 13, 2011, 02:12:00 PM
Chelsea could easily have had a couple of goals in the first leg. Could even have had at least one more last night. Guess because they didn't take their chances it felt comfortable but had they taken at least one of those chances somewhere along the line it would have been a far sweatier last 30 minutes last night.

I never thought I would use this saying, but by god you have dragged it out of me - If your granny had balls she would be your granda!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 03, 2011, 08:38:29 AM
Rooney should have been booked if he dived.

Terry should have conceded a penalty, he saw the ball come from 20 or 30 yards away and had time to either get out of the way or put a body part to it (that is not his arm) yet he decided to lean his body and arm towards the ball to stop it from reaching its intended course.

Chelsea's penalty never was a penalty, Smalling had his legs planted in the ground seconds before the Chelsea player came anywhere near him, the Chelsea player simply ran into his legs.  If thats a penalty then from now on I guess we will see players running firectly at opposing defenders to try and get penalties for obstuction.

Luiz should have been sent-off, all you want is consistency from a referee.  If they are consistently good then that is great, if they are consistently bad then at least both teams suffer equally.  It just seems that the referee is now the deciding factor in United and Chelsea games.

I never thought I would use this saying, but by god you have dragged it out of me - If your granny had balls she would be your granda!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bingo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 13, 2011, 04:00:24 PM

Terry should have conceded a penalty, he saw the ball come from 20 or 30 yards away and had time to either get out of the way or put a body part to it (that is not his arm) yet he decided to lean his body and arm towards the ball to stop it from reaching its intended course.

Chelsea's penalty never was a penalty, Smalling had his legs planted in the ground seconds before the Chelsea player came anywhere near him, the Chelsea player simply ran into his legs.  If thats a penalty then from now on I guess we will see players running firectly at opposing defenders to try and get penalties for obstuction.

Luiz should have been sent-off, all you want is consistency from a referee.  If they are consistently good then that is great, if they are consistently bad then at least both teams suffer equally.  It just seems that the referee is now the deciding factor in United and Chelsea games.

;D  ;D  ;D

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 13, 2011, 04:00:24 PM

Clamped.

NAG1

See Hargreaves injured again, no suprise dont think they could even offload him now if they tried. Will they just let him go at the end of the season as his contract is up or do they offer him as pay as you play contract?

nrico2006

You would imagine a play as you pay deal would be on the cards but with this 25 mans squad limitation it seems unlikely.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

line ups are in

MUFC  VDS O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra Scholes Carrick Park Valencia Berba Nani

MCFC  Hart Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Kolarov Toure DeJong Barry Johnson Balotelli Silva

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Giggs??

Hmmmm. Wonder why he's not in the squad? Some sites suggesting a problem with his big brother or something?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

I would say rested with another game on Tuesday night.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Utd on the ball lot, but failing to put it in the net, fear they may regret these misses
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on April 16, 2011, 04:45:30 PM
I would say rested with another game on Tuesday night.

All you want to know about Giggs

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ryan_Giggs

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2011, 05:50:27 PM
Utd on the ball lot, but failing to put it in the net, fear they may regret these misses
::) ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker