Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Couple of things;

* Firstly well done to United. Probably the best team over the two legs.
* Despite my point above, Chelsea have been woefully unlucky in Europe again. The 'penalty' last week, and the 'goal' this week. In fact the two frees leading to the goal weren't frees either. Sometimes you have to earn your luck though.
* Formation was better for Chelsea tonight, and needs to be the way going forward for this season.
* Ramires is going to be a star, and was a wee bit unlucky tonight.
* Ryan Giggs. 78 years old, and yet player of the tie. What a c**t.
* What the f**k was Nani at coming out of the tunnel? Holding fingers up or some shit?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

118cmal

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 12, 2011, 10:53:09 PM
Couple of things;

* Despite my point above, Chelsea have been woefully unlucky in Europe again. The 'penalty' last week, and the 'goal' this week. In fact the two frees leading to the goal weren't frees either. Sometimes you have to earn your luck though.
* Formation was better for Chelsea tonight, and needs to be the way going forward for this season.
* What the f**k was Nani at coming out of the tunnel? Holding fingers up or some shit?

I think he was praying.  When the anthem was being played he was muttering something too.

Agree re Ramires, looks to be an outstanding player.  A couple of years ago I would have chosen Essien over any other premiership player for United's midfield.  I cannot understand how he has regressed so much.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 11:00:03 PM
Couple of things;

I think he was praying.  When the anthem was being played he was muttering something too.

Agree re Ramires, looks to be an outstanding player.  A couple of years ago I would have chosen Essien over any other premiership player for United's midfield.  I cannot understand how he has regressed so much.

The thing is he has been on the slide for 2 seasons now, and I can't believe no one has seen it before now!

Gaffer

Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2011, 10:27:19 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:15:13 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2011, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 12, 2011, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:00:59 PM
Great to go through despite the best intentions of the referee.

Sir Alex is truly one in a million.  What a guy!

Sir Alex?   Are you a british citizen?

Yep, why?

Thought so

No Irish citizen would recognise a title like 'Sir' that the Brits invented and bestow upon themselves

Why not?  Why do you care how he is referred to?

Cos I do !

Enjoy the Royal wedding ! Did you get an invite?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2011, 11:10:42 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2011, 10:27:19 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:15:13 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 12, 2011, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 12, 2011, 10:06:01 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on April 12, 2011, 10:00:59 PM
Great to go through despite the best intentions of the referee.

Sir Alex is truly one in a million.  What a guy!

Sir Alex?   Are you a british citizen?

Yep, why?

Thought so

No Irish citizen would recognise a title like 'Sir' that the Brits invented and bestow upon themselves

Why not?  Why do you care how he is referred to?

Cos I do !

Enjoy the Royal wedding ! Did you get an invite?

Gaffer do you dislike all Knights?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rouge_Diablo

Giggsy-wiggsy. Precocious talent, isn't he? Mmm? Ooh, got it all, you know? Speed, acceleration, sweet left foot, all the tricks - the dummy, the drop of the shoulder, the shimmy, nutmeg, jiggery-pokery, hocus pocus, abracadabra, I wanna reach out and grab ya. Steve Miller Band? Spin Doctors? Ooh, very similar.

gallsman

Ramires shipped a load of abuse when he first arrived. I first saw him in the Confederations Cup a couple of years ago and Dunga was playing him in a system on the right. Has a serious engine on him - not quite that of Dani Alves or Maicon, but top quality nonetheless.

Essien has never really performed to the level he was at prior to his injury. Chelsea need a bit of a clear out and a long summer off.

screenmachine

I knew the game was up when Kalou was coming on. An absolute dungbag to be honest, of similar ilk to Bendtner. How these guys ever made it at the top level I'll never know, there's hope for anyone who can kick a ball straight and run to be fair..
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

screenexile

Quote from: screenmachine on April 13, 2011, 07:01:52 AM
I knew the game was up when Kalou was coming on. An absolute dungbag to be honest, of similar ilk to Bendtner. How these guys ever made it at the top level I'll never know, there's hope for anyone who can kick a ball straight and run to be fair..

Shit I must have missed that!! When did Bender learn how to kick straight??

nrico2006

Unbelievable how well Gigga has been performing this season, especially of late.  I remember 4 or 5 years ago he came in for a lot of stick from United fans when his pace started to wane and he wasn't performing, but he seems to actually have gotten faster this season in comparison to the past few, he is playmaking now but still turning men inside out and beating them for speed.  Some of is assists this year have been crucial, the ball for Nani against City and the 3 goals he set-up in this tie were top notch.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AQMP

Quote from: muppet on April 12, 2011, 09:56:08 PM
Who is the substitute in front of Scholes? He didn't think much of the goal and looks a bit headless to me.

Headless...must be Torres then??

AQMP

Well done Utd...I thought they were just the better team over the two games.  Chelsea were better last night esp in the first 30 mins and whenever Drogba came on but nowhere near good enough to win this competition.  Giggs confirms the old adage that the game is played with the head as much as the feet.

However MU will need to improve substantially to threaten Barcelona, RM...or maybe even Schalke/Inter

Norf Tyrone

Couple of things;

Something I should add to above. United's goal was not offside. The was no daylight between the players. However the two frees leading to the goal were not frees. IMVHO.

Denn Forever

Surprised that Chelsea didn't target Ferdinand.  He was limping from about 10 minutes in.  Brought on Drogba too late.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

NAG1

Suprised how comfortable United were over the two legs, bar a bit of pressure for a period in each was totally dominant and at times looked easy. Wonder why they can do this to them in Europe but would never look so comfortable against them in an EPL game.