Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2011, 09:06:19 AM
Carragher should have been sent off, cannot stand his constant roaring in players and referees faces, was at it yesterday after the tackle as if he felt he was being victimised.  Rafaels tackle was reckless but he was provoked by an outrageous tackle from Maxi.

Provoked me hole what a load of nonsense nrico.Rafael didn't have time to be provoked as the two incidents happened in the same passage of play milliseconds apart and even if he was provoked it doesn't excuse him.
Maxi should have got a yellow,Rafael was rightly booked I don't think he deserved a red as he didn't make contact and should be ringing Lucas today to thank him for jumping over him.
Carra did deserve a red but a United fan complaining about a player from another team roaring at Refs and players  :D  Alanis Morissette would be proud of you with that one nrico..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Carragher should have been sent off, cannot stand his constant roaring in players and referees faces, was at it yesterday after the tackle as if he felt he was being victimised.  Rafaels tackle was reckless but he was provoked by an outrageous tackle from Maxi.

United missed Vidic and Rio badly, but hopefully within the next few weeks Nani will be back along with Valencia and Park too.  When is Anderson back?  These players will be the difference in winning the league and not.  United have lost 2 in a row but are still top of the league, but every United fan will feel that the most important thing over the next few months is getting a new owner and revamping the midfield of the team come the summer.  I gave off about Carrick the other day, and I couldn't believe he started yesterday, especially with Scholes. You cannot play the two of them together, someone with a bit of athleticism like Anderson.  I saw shades of the Munich game last year when Nani headed the ball back into his own box and Carrick made a mess at dealing with the situation.  Really depresses me watching him, United really need to fork out on a few world clss midfielders this summer.

Good post. Agree with it all though the shouting in peoples faces by him isn't any worse than many, many other players from most other teams. What annoyed me most about Carragher's tackle is that in my opinion he knew exactly what he was doing. Nani had only switched over onto him a few minutes earlier and he meant to lay one on him. He'd have never done the same to Giggs or Rooney for example. That's my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree and its not one that can be proven either way.

There are some arguing Rafael's should have been red, some say yellow. Yellow card given. Some argue Maxi's should have been red, some say yellow. Not even a free awarded!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2011, 11:26:25 AM

United missed Vidic and Rio badly, but hopefully within the next few weeks Nani will be back along with Valencia and Park too.  When is Anderson back?  These players will be the difference in winning the league and not.  United have lost 2 in a row but are still top of the league, but every United fan will feel that the most important thing over the next few months is getting a new owner and revamping the midfield of the team come the summer.  I gave off about Carrick the other day, and I couldn't believe he started yesterday, especially with Scholes. You cannot play the two of them together, someone with a bit of athleticism like Anderson.  I saw shades of the Munich game last year when Nani headed the ball back into his own box and Carrick made a mess at dealing with the situation.  Really depresses me watching him, United really need to fork out on a few world clss midfielders this summer.

Good post. Agree with it all though the shouting in peoples faces by him isn't any worse than many, many other players from most other teams. What annoyed me most about Carragher's tackle is that in my opinion he knew exactly what he was doing. Nani had only switched over onto him a few minutes earlier and he meant to lay one on him. He'd have never done the same to Giggs or Rooney for example. That's my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree and its not one that can be proven either way.

There are some arguing Rafael's should have been red, some say yellow. Yellow card given. Some argue Maxi's should have been red, some say yellow. Not even a free awarded!

Rubbish. I can't remember him ever doing anything like this in his career. I don't want to use the "he's not that type pf player" cliche but I'm going to have to - he really isn't. It was a badly timed challenge. There's no long term damage done to Nani. Move on.

johnneycool

Do any of you Manu fans not think the Mexican lad is getting the shitty end of the stick?

He's some goal scorer yet is lower down the pecking order than the Bulgarian jogger and Rooney who's average at best at the minute.

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnneycool on March 07, 2011, 12:03:49 PM
Do any of you Manu fans not think the Mexican lad is getting the shitty end of the stick?

He's some goal scorer yet is lower down the pecking order than the Bulgarian jogger and Rooney who's average at best at the minute.

Agree 100%. I'm just hoping that the lighter schedule he has had will have him fresh for the run in. I think the lad is a gem.

AZOffaly

He's going to be a great one I'd say. His attitude is fairly refreshing as well, he's very lively and makes good runs. That run across kyriakos for the chance he missed was top class.

Boycey

He looks a great talent no doubt, i posted here last week that he'd scored a phenomenal 9 PL goals in 13 attempts on target but it got lost in the rush to condemn Rooney :P. However in the bigger games especially away from home he needs to be able to hold the ball up better which I'm sure will come with time but at home I'd have no hesitation in starting him ahead of either..

ross4life

To all those that said Nani was just play acting, couldn't be jumping around like a fool if injured etc...

Maybe Nani just copied this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWWYOqG_9s&feature=player_embedded

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Doogie Browser

It is no excuse but Nani's previous did him no favours yesterdayn the idiot nearly got his leg broke yet his first insticnt is to get the man sent off. Crazy outlook to have.

ross4life

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 07, 2011, 01:13:36 PM
It is no excuse but Nani's previous did him no favours yesterdayn the idiot nearly got his leg broke yet his first insticnt is to get the man sent off. Crazy outlook to have.

Well if you have opposing players standing over you calling you a cheat a reaction like that will happen.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hound

Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 01:19:06 PM

Well if you have opposing players standing over you calling you a cheat a reaction like that will happen.
That was only after he got up and did his little dance in front of the ref, and then thought - actually this is sore this time, I think I'll have a lie down and a cry.

By the way, he walked out of Anfield unaided, so whatever his injury is, it isnt much.

GalwayBayBoy

Carra and Rafael deserved reds. Maxi a yellow at most. No way was that a straight red.

laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 01:19:06 PM

Feck Carra should ring Alf-Inge Haaland for some advice so....
Lets hope Nani doesn't hold the same grudges other ex-United players do.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Big Puff

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2011, 01:32:52 PM

Carra and Rafael deserved reds. Maxi a yellow at most. No way was that a straight red.

GBB - thanks for underlining my point.