Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Really getting sick of Rooney...He would need to take his fat face out of hole over the next 2 months or hopefully fergie gets rid of him in the summer.

nrico2006

What about your man DJ Campbell being sent off at the weekend too, made out to be the culprit and nothing said about the Wolves defender who in my eyes should have been the one leaving the pitch.  Disgrace.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenmachine

I would love Ben Thatcher to have smashed Rooney in the face and broke his jaw. There would have been a very different message coming out of Old Trafford! As John Hartson said on MOTD2 last night, sometimes you just can't defend the indefensible even if it is your own player. Turns out you can if you're a hypocritical oul ****...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

EC Unique

Saw it lastnight. Bad craic. He deserves a ban.

BennyHarp

Think people are being a bit harsh on Rooney - sure it was in self defence! It really stinks if Rooney tries to use that line of argument.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/02/28/2372202/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-to-plead-self-defence-if-the
That was never a square ball!!

Boycey

Sky and the newspapers will no doubt continue their campaign to have a retrospective red card card issued for this incident today

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/gary-caldwell-challenge-patrice-evra-wiganmanchester-united-8624932/

Oh wait.....

CountyMan

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 28, 2011, 10:49:53 AM
Think people are being a bit harsh on Rooney - sure it was in self defence! It really stinks if Rooney tries to use that line of argument.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/02/28/2372202/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-to-plead-self-defence-if-the

Self-defence? The lad was just jogging in front of Rooney to block his run like most footballers with a brian would do.

From a fellow United fan I was shocked at Rooneys elbow, couldn't understand why he even did it was thinking that the lad sayed something to Rooney when they were shaking hands. Either way Rooney has been terrible this season. United should of got raid of him when he wanted to go, he's just a waste of space in the forward line for United these days.

EC Unique

The FA have stated that no action will be taken. Lucky boy.

orangeman

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will face no action from the Football Association after he appeared to elbow Wigan's James McCarthy.

The incident occurred during Saturday's Premier League match at the DW Stadium in which Rooney scored one of the goals in his team's 4-0 victory.

TV replays appeared to show Rooney swipe McCarthy on the back of his head.

Ref Mark Clattenburg awarded a free-kick but Wigan manager Roberto Martinez insisted Rooney deserved a red card.

Big Puff

Not banning Rooney actually weakens utd for their upcoming games as fergie hasnt the balls to drop him.

An in form Hernandez is far more dangerous and likely to score than Wazzza IMO

EC Unique

Quote from: Big Puff on February 28, 2011, 05:37:41 PM
Not banning Rooney actually weakens utd for their upcoming games as fergie hasnt the balls to drop him.

An in form Hernandez is far more dangerous and likely to score than Wazzza IMO

I agree. He would have been no big loss. Hernandez is a class wee player.

Boycey

From training today, looks like Tonys not far away

ross4life

In the 3-1 Community Shield win Fergie started with two strikers Owen,Rooney both were taken off early in the second half replaced by Hernandez, Berbatov

The performance of Valencia stood out that day.

I expect changes from the Wigan game but it's anyones guess what he'll go with?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Big Puff

similar team that started in france in the hope of a similar performance/result

Orangemac

Quote from: orangeman on February 28, 2011, 01:30:40 PM
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will face no action from the Football Association after he appeared to elbow Wigan's James McCarthy.

The incident occurred during Saturday's Premier League match at the DW Stadium in which Rooney scored one of the goals in his team's 4-0 victory.

TV replays appeared to show Rooney swipe McCarthy on the back of his head.

Ref Mark Clattenburg awarded a free-kick but Wigan manager Roberto Martinez insisted Rooney deserved a red card.
Joke of a decision. Move wouldn't have been out of place in WWE.

United are really going to miss Ferguson when he goes. Not only is he the best manager English football has ever seen but he also controls football in England.

His preemptive comments have made the FA afraid to take him on. If this was Joey Barton would he have got off?