Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2010, 02:50:13 PM
Think Manu will be happy with the game being called off.

I would have thought Chelsea would have been happy enough too, as Lampard probably wasn't 100%.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

under the bar

QuoteThink Manu will be happy with the game being called off.

Bull.  Chelsea's confidence is at rock bottom and any team in the preiership would love to have played them tomorrow.  Stay of execution for Ancelotti.

ross4life

Was confident United were going to pick up at least a point! now when it's rescheduled Chelsea will have a fully fit Lampard,Alex & Bosingwa while united will probably have loads injured by then

IMO major advantage for Chelsea in the title race.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

oakleafgael

Quote from: ross4life on December 18, 2010, 03:41:00 PM
Was confident United were going to pick up at least a point! now when it's rescheduled Chelsea will have a fully fit Lampard,Alex & Bosingwa while united will probably have loads injured by thenIMO major advantage for Chelsea in the title race.

You really are a bit "special"

Norf Tyrone

Was confident United were going to pick up at least a point! now when it's rescheduled Chelsea will have a fully fit Lampard,Alex & Bosingwa while united will probably have loads injured by then

IMO major advantage for Chelsea in the title race.

I was actually very confident of a Chelsea win today. Don't ask me why. Chelsea as you say will have those 3 lads back, but so too United will have Scholes and Valencia back.

In addition sure don't we always hear how United only start the season in January.

IMO major advantage for Man Utd in the title race.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 19, 2010, 07:52:01 AM
Don't ask me why.

Ok i won't.

But i'll ask you to this explain this?

from chelseafc.com a week ago

"The pitch would have to be frozen solid for a game or completely under water to be called off, which shouldn't happen at Stamford Bridge. In this day and age"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339878/Why-Chelsea-v-Manchester-United-called--Ipswich-managed-beat-freezing-conditions.html#ixzz18Vvhdwnl

Not sure do i believe the conspiracy... though a interesting story all the same.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

midLouth

According to Rio it was called off for the safety of the fans, nothing to do with the pitch. And given only two games were played this weekend you can knock that theory on the head!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2010, 08:37:07 AM

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 19, 2010, 07:52:01 AM
Don't ask me why.

Ok i won't.

But i'll ask you to this explain this?

from chelseafc.com a week ago

"The pitch would have to be frozen solid for a game or completely under water to be called off, which shouldn't happen at Stamford Bridge. In this day and age"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1339878/Why-Chelsea-v-Manchester-United-called--Ipswich-managed-beat-freezing-conditions.html#ixzz18Vvhdwnl

Not sure do i believe the conspiracy... though a interesting story all the same.

The Daily Mail? Well that explains everything!

Excellent decision by Chelsea to call the game off early. This prevents fans, and officials making unneccesary journeys and thus saves them money, time and puts their safety at paramount. Hopefully this 'Fan first' approach spreads to other clubs and maybe then we'll see the game away from the millionaires of the world and back to the people. Bravo Chelsea.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

anportmorforjfc

Has there been a new date set yet for the game?

ross4life

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on December 19, 2010, 11:28:30 AM
Has there been a new date set yet for the game?

No date set yet! 11th, 12th of Jan is free & another possibly date would be 15th, 16th of Feb though Chelsea v Fulham due to be played on the Monday will have to be moved back to sat.

ross4life

Theres no prettier sight at Christmas than Man united on top of the Christmas tree  :)

Eddie Stobart

Quote from: ross4life on December 20, 2010, 09:57:43 PM
Theres no prettier sight at Christmas than Man united on top of the Christmas tree  :)

Will the players get medals now or will they wait till May until they see who wins the league?

ross4life

Quote from: Eddie Stobart on December 20, 2010, 10:25:54 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 20, 2010, 09:57:43 PM

Will the players get medals now or will they wait till May until they see who wins the league?

Ask Ryan Giggs

magpie seanie

That was actually quite good!

StGallsGAA

Sheik Mansour apparently had £250k worth of blue & white fireworks set to go off over Manchester for Citee being top for Christmas!   ;D

Oh well, he can use them for NYE!