Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: paco on September 15, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
Is it a broken ankle or broken leg and how long do they estimate he'll be out for?

Bit early to tell yet but would say most of, if not all of the season! from what i here the bone was sticking out  :-\ Rooney gonna miss him more than most as he made a lot of his goals last season & watching Rooneys reaction to the injury he knows how bad of a blow this injury is

one bit of good news Obertan is back in training & is expected to starting next Wednesday

P.S Boycey that picture is not from the injury, it's a picture of the little prayer Hernandez does before kick off
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Looking ahead to Sunday's big game here's the team I'm expecting fergie to pick

VDS
O' Shea
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Park

Nani
Rooney
Berbatov

7 changes... Park will keep his place because of his match winner in this fixture last season
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

I think Giggs will play instead of Park. Park was brutal last night and recent form is moe relevant than a goal against them last season.

Where are you getting the 4-3-3 out of by the way?

ross4life

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 15, 2010, 06:49:17 PM
I think Giggs will play instead of Park. Park was brutal last night and recent form is moe relevant than a goal against them last season.

Where are you getting the 4-3-3 out of by the way?

I hope Giggs plays but have the feeling fergie will go with Park again, just put spaces between name's could be any type of formation?

Orangemac

Giggs was Uniteds only creative spark last night. How will Utd replace him or Scholes in a year or two?

Gibson is not the answer, he has a good strike on him but doesn't really get involved in the overall game.

I'm not convinced Rooney is fit although his off field travails aren't helping.

Having said that Liverpool have went backwards by more than Utd and although they might be hard to break down will offer very little up front based on current form

supersarsfields

Form matters little when it comes to the Liverpool v united games. For years there when United were by far the better team Liverpool regulary pulled out the results.
But I actually think we've went that far backwards this year that I can't see anything other than a United Win. Tho Valencia will be a hugh loss.

ross4life

Update on Valencia injury

"Op went well "plate inserted to stabilise fracture but there's significant ligament damage in a dislocation. Out for good portion of 10/11"

In other news Bebe and Obertan start for Reserves tonight

ross4life

In tonight's reserve game Bebe played on the wing displayed good close control/skill plus pace & put in a lot of decent crosses while Obertan played as a striker made little impact

Hopefully both are selected in next Wednesday SKY live Carling cup game at Scunthorpe

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on September 16, 2010, 04:03:45 PM
Update on Valencia injury

"Op went well "plate inserted to stabilise fracture but there's significant ligament damage in a dislocation. Out for good portion of 10/11"

In other news Bebe and Obertan start for Reserves tonight

I hope you took your surgical gloves off before you left the operating theatre.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ross4life on September 16, 2010, 08:56:21 PM
In tonight's reserve game Bebe played on the wing displayed good close control/skill plus pace & put in a lot of decent crosses while Obertan played as a striker made little impact

Hopefully both are selected in next Wednesday SKY live Carling cup game at Scunthorpe

Some clips from last night's game, foucussed on Bebe's contribution. He looked quite good... plenty of decent crosses.

No clips of him taking anyone on though.

brokencrossbar1

Even though Liverpool had a good win you have to fancy United to win on Sunday.  I reckon we'll get a goal but I reckon Rooney will get 2.  Man U to win 3-1 with 1 red card each.

EC Unique

QuoteManchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says Antonio Valencia could be playing again in February following his injury in Tuesday's clash with Rangers.

The winger, 25, suffered significant ligament damage plus a fractured ankle and underwent surgery on Wednesday.

There had been initial fears that the Ecuadorian would miss the whole season.

But Ferguson said: "You can never be 100% and it is a bad injury but we are looking at the end of February, which is better than we thought on Tuesday."

Not so bad if this is the case!

Will be disappointed with anything but a win on Sunday, Liverpool are going really bad this season and Utd should be taking advantage of this.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on September 17, 2010, 12:53:12 PM
QuoteManchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says Antonio Valencia could be playing again in February following his injury in Tuesday's clash with Rangers.

The winger, 25, suffered significant ligament damage plus a fractured ankle and underwent surgery on Wednesday.

There had been initial fears that the Ecuadorian would miss the whole season.

But Ferguson said: "You can never be 100% and it is a bad injury but we are looking at the end of February, which is better than we thought on Tuesday."

Not so bad if this is the case!

Will be disappointed with anything but a win on Sunday, Liverpool are going really bad this season and Utd should be taking advantage of this.

United are only 3 points ahead of Liverpool in fairness with Liverpool having had a much harder run of opening fixtures.

That said we've hardly looked very convincing but neither have United at times.

supersarsfields

From Sky Sports

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a move for Celtic's Scott Brown as he looks to beef up his midfield options but the Old Trafford manager will reportedly have to fend off interest in the Scottish international from the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan who are apparently both interested in the box to box performer.

Ferguson has not been pleased with his side's showing thus far this season and apparently believes that recent average displays against Fulham, Everton and Rangers stem from a lack of real impetus in his midfield. Of his current crop of talent only Paul Scholes and Darren Fletcher appear to be in good form with the likes of Anderson, Michael Carrick and Darron Gibson failing to impress.

With Owen Hargreaves seemingly perennially sidelined to boot it is rumoured that the Premier League club may well make a move for former Hibs man Scott Brown. The battling midfielder has started the SPL season splendidly and has attracted a great deal of interest in his services.

Since his arrival at Parkhead in May 2007, Brown has been a consistent performer but news of interest from England and beyond will surely tempt the Dunfermline born talent who may feel that he has outgrown the Scottish domestic game.

Neil Lennon is sure to fight off interest in the £12m rated Scottish international but if any bid is made the in debt Glasgow club will find it hard to not accept any decent offer for Scott Brown, be it from Italy or the south of the border.

Not exactly level of player I'd expect United to be linked with let alone Inter Milan.

Wouldn't have valued him at £12m to be honest. I'm sure Celtic would happily let him walk for that.

magpie seanie

I think United are going ok but only ok. Liverpool are going a little worse but the irrelevance of form in this fixture has been often commented on. United really need to snap this run of draws.