Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I saw Giggs leading the team out tonight with the captain's armband. Where the hell did he go?? >:( Another disappointing display in Europe from Utd. It's as predictable as Mayo's AI campaigns and I'm not one bit happy about it.  :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ExiledGael

Giggs had a stinker, him Carrick Ronaldo Heinze and Rooney totally shat themselves out there tonight.
Feel sorry for Scholes, he deserves more than to be dragged to embarrassment by imbaciles around him.
Every time tonight he was looking for the ball, helping others out and wanting to make things happen.
Apparently Carrick covered more distance than any other player tonight, running away from the ball the dick was. It was time for him to step up and he ran away from the ball, didn't want to know time after time!
I'd say Dunphy is going to town on him and Ronaldo right now

Redgreenery

Ronaldo did not at all play well tonight, but Giggs was desperate altogether, it's so disappointing, but the better team on the night won, Utd in the middle of the second half looked like just mabye but it just didnt happen. The treble is off anyways. To be beaten 3-0 alone on the night only adds to the disappointment.

bridgegael

quote from dunphy  'reality is kaka, hype is ronaldo'
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

An Fear Rua

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 02, 2007, 09:43:50 PM
Too be honest lads all joking aside IMHO i think the worst thing that happened to United was putting 7 past Roma they were a little to cocky and i think it hampered them tonight
Also Ronaldo ??? ::)

And i mean it when i say chin up lads,Most of the posters on here are genuine soccer fans and i know how yer feeling now because i would be feeling the same if it was me

genuine comments but you dont really know how it feels, thats the third cl semi UTD have lost in last 10 years, its down to a certain tactical naivety.  Leverkusen in 2001 was the best example of that(But jesus that was a trip in alife time.
Ill tell you about it sometime.)
Its Grim up North

magickingdom

are ye roma in disguise  :D..... i'll go now..

The Real Laoislad

Really wasn't being patronising lads i meant that..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Goats Do Shave

The only comfort that UTD can take today is by staring at the league table.

I'd advise us all to have a few minutes throughout the day to have a wee look.  ;)

Declan

Utd were very poor and their attitude and lack of urgency was unreal given its a semi of the champions league. Milan played really well but no way will Liverpool give them that time and space to release Kaka - who is a joy to watch in full flow- Rolls Royce as he glides across the ground. Seedorf has had a resurrection this season as in his last year at Madrid he was brutal. Yet again the 3 amigos are spot on in their assessment of players and really no more should be said about the pretender in relation to the "best" player tag..
Looking forward to the final - two contrasting styles but has the ingredients to be a good one.

imtommygunn

Utd looked jaded but also realistically players can only raise their game for so long. You can't expect to beat the elite with players such as fletcher , o'shea and brown on your team.

Still all is not lost for Utd. Still two trophies to play for and the FA cup with chelsea going out and probably losing the league takes on added significance.

Still think you're lacking a defensive midfielder. Easy to see why Gattuso was high on Fergie's priority list. Hargreaves would be effective for them there too IMO.

Syd The Sailor

Jesus lads that was a great result last night, didnt get to see it unfortunately as i had a match but it really was great. I hear it was men against boys.......Champions League? Your having a laugh, i wonder did Slur Alex down a few bottles of brandy last night to drown his sorrows......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Square Ball

Now that i have sobered up that was a terrible performance, jaded, no umff, we were not at the races and lost to the better team, well thats what happens when you are fighting on three fronts.

need to pull our socks up and refocus for the Shitty match
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Spiritof98

Can't really describe how down I feel and I will take advice and look at the table, don't want to even go into the game but the better team won against a tactically inept team. I'll leave it to Seanie to drill into Quieroz but surely the players need to have a look at themsevles (nacker yard looking closer for Giggs)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

corn02

Milan were simply awesome lads, I dont know how we will deal with Kaka and Co in Athens. On saying that bar Scholes and Fletcher none of the United players seemed to bust a gut for me.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Spiritof98 on May 03, 2007, 08:46:06 AM
Can't really describe how down I feel and I will take advice and look at the table, don't want to even go into the game but the better team won against a tactically inept team. I'll leave it to Seanie to drill into Quieroz but surely the players need to have a look at themsevles (nacker yard looking closer for Giggs)

Giggs has had a super season. I thought he looked absolutely knackered last night. He couldn't pass the ball never mind run. For the life of me, I couldn't understandy why Smudger wasn't thrown on for Giggs at half time...he would have lead from the front, by example. I can only suggest he was maybe carrying an injury??

Fletcher AGAIN was UTD's best player!