Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2010, 12:06:41 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 22, 2010, 11:50:46 PM
Keep wearing the Norwich City scarves, it will work itself out

More like Donegal... could be worse the united fan's could be singing to comfort and encourage a wife when her husband is killed during a failed robbery! that song is sure to save a sinking ship

What does that mean ross?

ross4life

Quote from: new devil on May 23, 2010, 06:08:36 AM

More like Donegal... could be worse the united fan's could be singing to comfort and encourage a wife when her husband is killed during a failed robbery! that song is sure to save a sinking ship

The true meaning of Liverpool's Anthem & for them...keep singing, it will work itself out 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2010, 07:09:50 AM

The true meaning of Liverpool's Anthem & for them...keep singing, it will work itself out

This is like a crap episode of Catchphrase! I take it it's the Fields of Athenry you are talking about!!

Sweet geezus!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 23, 2010, 10:27:08 AM
Quote from: ross4life on May 23, 2010, 07:09:50 AM

This is like a crap episode of Catchphrase! I take it it's the Fields of Athenry you are talking about!!

Sweet geezus!

It's good, but it's not right! common Norf Say what you see

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

ludermor

ludermor

deiseach

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 23, 2010, 10:27:08 AM

Sweet geezus!

He's talking about You'll Never Walk Alone, which is from the musical Carousel. You can Google the rest

ross4life

Shrewdness

Quote from: snoopdog on May 22, 2010, 02:26:18 PM
Lads, im currently a stretford end season ticket holder. Was wondering if there were anyothers on the board that are also ST holders.
Im debateing whether or not to renew because of the glazers.

On another note,
If i were to renew, i dont get over as much as i used to so would it be worth while setting up a thread for tickets for anyone else going over to games??

snoopdog, i have a season ticket for the second tier of the North Stand, exactly level with the half way line.
Like you, i am also concerned about not getting another one if i give it up, but i also agree with the other poster who stated that MUST are not and will not be in any position to guarantee you the reinstatement of your ticket, if you give it up.

Don't take any notice of the current deadline of June 13. Traditionally, the deadlines are always extended, but it's your own choice.
The reality is, if United fans want to hit the Glazers where it hurts, then all season ticket renewals should be  cancelled, no hospitality facilities should be availed of, no match programmes purchased, and a complete boycott of the megastore. Even the ONE UNITED Membership shouldn't be renewed, where possible.

All of the above would really affect the Glazers, and would be much more effective than waving scarfs.
However, human nature being what it is, none of the above will happen.

I still haven't decided whether to renew my season ticket or not. I would cancel it immediately if i thought enough people would do likewise, so that we could make a real difference.
But if most people eventually succumb and renew, then what will i gain by giving mine up.

The United Supporters Club branch of which i am a member (not Roscommon), own 5 Season Tickets, and renewed all 5 last week. They could have at least waited until the last possible deadline.

Believe it or not, United have already started to sell matchday packages re hospitality etc for NEXT Season.
They claim that you can get in early before the fixtures for next season are even announced, and select your favourite games now.
These people cannot get their hands on the fans money quickly enough. Imagine handing over a few hundred quid now for a particular game, and then find that when the fixtures are released, your selected game might not be on until next April or May, which would then mean that the Glazers would have your money for almost 12 months before the game :o

The beauty of it all is that they actually make it sound as if they are doing you a favour in the advertising for it.

deiseach

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 23, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
I still haven't decided whether to renew my season ticket or not. I would cancel it immediately if i thought enough people would do likewise, so that we could make a real difference.

Ah, the prisoner's dilemma. Game theory in action

magpie seanie

Good to see the comments from snoopdog, Shrewdness and AFR. I'm in agreement with what ye say. I too am a fully paid up MUST member and have been with that organisation from back in the Shareholders United days. I agree that they are a little too watery. I understand their reasons but I still think they could be doing more. The G&G was a good galvanising campaign which was more by accident and as was said little to do with MUST. However, this is incredibly serious and things need to be escalated. I'm very worried this Red Knights thing may not work out and if it doesn't - well the club is totally fcuked (on the way to it anyway). The Phoenix will have to rise again. The most saddening thing is the countless numpties of United fans that don't have a clue and throw money at these bastards. But I guess you have stupid people everywhere.

ross4life

Capitalism: A Love Story (Micheal Moore film) was on last night, in the film they highlighted the true colours of Goldman Sachs (one of the red knights) & AIG united's current sponsors all gangsters if you ask me

It's a shame united can't run the club like Barcelona

snoopdog

We know that the only way to get the message across is to boycott and i agree that MUST are all talk, at the end of the day selling scarves and badges aint gonna do much.
i am leaning to not renewing the season ticket, 2 other mates of min e have stretty ST's and they are the same as me very doubtful if we will bother renewing. i have a bad feeling the glazers are here for another few years. depressing stuff.
Suddenly winning trophies doesnt seem to matter as we have a bigger fight on our hands.
Red knights say they will make a bid before the world cup starts. i would be suprised if they do.