Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainboii

Quote from: Declan on April 07, 2010, 10:46:17 PM
Thought that the lads on RTE were spot on myself. You gotta laugh at Dunphy alright. Poor form from Fergie afterwards. Whatever about Robben's strike can never understand why teams don't have a man at each post.
Ribery a bit of a sunshine boy I think - didn't want to know until Utd were down to 10 men.
Hard to know between Bayern and Lyon to be honest. Real match is the other semi though

Spot on about what? They ripped both teams to shite. Two teams easily in the top 5 or 6 in Europe, yet they and their best players were repeatedly derided as 'not up to it at this level'. I'd love to know where all the teams and players that are up to this level are hiding. If you paid any heed to those eejits you'd be left thinking there's one decent team in the world, Barcelona, and a pile of shit pub teams. On top of that, Barcelona only have 2 or 3 decent players, with the likes of Pique, Abidal, Pedro, Busquets, etc, also apparently 'not up to it at this level'.

With the amount of shite they pump, it's impossible for any accurately drawn conclusions to be anything other than incidental.

deiseach

Quote from: Square Ball on April 07, 2010, 11:03:28 PM
Feck that, honestly thought that they had the game sowed up, gutted. So what the Munchkin players ran to the ref to get him send off, if the shoe was on the other foot would the utd players do it? my guess, yes they wood

Fair play to ya, they're all at it. I hope I'll be as honest as you the next time Steven Gerrard takes a tumble

Gabriel_Hurl

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2010, 11:01:36 PM
Fergie has been getting away with it for years and he know's no-one is going to question him so thinks he can do and say what he likes.

he's Sir to you

i'm already looking forward to seeing city in champions league action should be interesting or seeing a manchester team in champs league where people have no interest
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

clarshack

bayern have a great history and tradition in this competition. the stats also show that utd have never knocked out a german side over 2 legs in the champions league. this along with utd's form plus rooney's injury meant that it is no great surprise that bayern have progressed.

it was a magnificient strike from robben that decided the tie though.

i also remember a league cup game this season (think it was against wolves) where one of the da silva twins got a silly red card so there could be discipline issues with these boys.

fergie was out of order with his typical germans jibe. could it incur the wrath of uefa?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: clarshack on April 07, 2010, 11:10:46 PM
fergie was out of order with his typical germans jibe. could it incur the wrath of uefa?

I nearly felt sorry for old bacon face. At least he didn't mention the war.

Norf Tyrone

bayern have a great history and tradition in this competition. the stats also show that utd have never knocked out a german side over 2 legs in the champions league. this along with utd's form plus rooney's injury meant that it is no great surprise that bayern have progressed.

i also remember a league cup game this season (think it was against wolves) where one of the da silva twins got a silly red card so there could be discipline issues with these boys.

Don't think so. It's not really discipline as in bad tackles that is the issue. It's lack of experience, and over enthusiasm I'd say. To be honest I also think that they are punching above their weight a wee bit. Perhaps their elevation is ahead of the intended time with Neville struggling.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

mountainboii

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2010, 11:18:01 PM

Don't think so. It's not really discipline as in bad tackles that is the issue. It's lack of experience, and over enthusiasm I'd say. To be honest I also think that they are punching above their weight a wee bit. Perhaps their elevation is ahead of the intended time with Neville struggling.

The injuries to O'Shea and Brown have more to do with it.

From the Bunker

Have to wonder in the ever changing world of Soccer, if Fergie has the energy to rebuild Man u for another few years of dominance. Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Van de saar,Owen and to lesser degree Ferdinand are nearly (or definately) over the hill. Carrick, Berbetov, Anderson, Park and Brown are not good enough. The youngsters of Macheda, Welbeck, Gibson and Evans look off the mark. Bleak times ahead. But sure we have heard this before.

clarshack

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 07, 2010, 11:23:27 PM
Have to wonder in the ever changing world of Soccer, if Fergie has the energy to rebuild Man u for another few years of dominance. Giggs, Neville, Scholes, Van de saar,Owen and to lesser degree Ferdinand are nearly (or definately) over the hill. Carrick, Berbetov, Anderson, Park and Brown are not good enough. The youngsters of Macheda, Welbeck, Gibson and Evans look off the mark. Bleak times ahead. But sure we have heard this before.

you need money to rebuild. dunphy et al were over the top tonight but they make a valid point - utd simply dont have the money to buy the quality players needed to compete at the highest level anymore. sure the ronaldo money is probably long gone in interest payments.

Norf Tyrone

I think Park's a good squad player, and of the youth Macheda, Gibson and Evans all could still make a career at OT I think. Still work to be done though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 07, 2010, 11:14:27 PM

I nearly felt sorry for old bacon face. At least he didn't mention the war.

He is behaving like the elder relative that says embarrassing things all the time.
MWWSI 2017

clarshack

was on sky sports news there had bayern had 61% possession. utd can have no complaints.

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2010, 11:34:57 PM

I think Park's a good squad player, and of the youth Macheda, Gibson and Evans all could still make a career at OT I think. Still work to be done though.

Well for me united will need a new centre Defender as i expect vidic to move on & another striker as berba will be off loaded in the summer

so for next season

Van Der Sar (signed a one year contract) still good enough even at 40
O Shea (should have our first choice right back fit more often next season)
Rio
Vidic?
Evra (he should have more cover next season)
Nani (finally looks the part)
Fletcher
Hargreaves (will be a major boost if he returns)
Valencia (hopefully he's as good in his 2nd season)
Rooney
New striker?

Giggs, Neville, Scholes, & Owen are good Squad players nothing more nothing less

i have no worries united will be challenging on all fronts again next season

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

Rooney has a burst blood vessel in his ankle now, whatever that means. I won't beleive anything that Ferguson says after his latest miraculous recovery.