Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Evra let Cole in to easy for the flick & he was badly at fault for the Bayern late winner, i think his confidence is low at the moment!

Rio & Vidic were united's best players yesterday

Stats says Chelsea had 3 shots on target, other than the goals i can't remember the other shot??

for those that believe in omens Chelsea beat united 2-1 in the Final run-in in 2008 but Still lost the league & united nearest challengers liverpool beat united home & away last Season like Chelsea have now
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on April 04, 2010, 08:00:06 PM
Evra let Cole in to easy for the flick & he was badly at fault for the Bayern late winner, i think his confidence is low at the moment!

Rio & Vidic were united's best players yesterday

Stats says Chelsea had 3 shots on target, other than the goals i can't remember the other shot??

for those that believe in omens Chelsea beat united 2-1 in the Final run-in in 2008 but Still lost the league & united nearest challengers liverpool beat united home & away last Season like Chelsea have now

Reading this thread are United fans arguing that they are not even a one man team?

Ross- I think Chelsea had a couple of early scuffed Joe Cole shots. Maybe it was one of them.

Also yesterday you were crowning 'us' champions, and today you are searching for a 'sign'. Which is it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

nothing looking for a sign norf i said "for those that believe in omens"

& i believe what i said yesterday  ;)

btw before yesterday united had won 9 league games in row without Rooney in the Team

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Against much inferior opposition though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

Funny - I didn't think Neville played badly on Satuday at all but I'm obviously in the minority.

On Evra, I reckon he is tired as he has played an awful lot this season. With all the defensive injuries he has probably played more than Fergie would like. Looks a bit tired mentally and physically to me. Still by far the best option for that position but lacking his usual zip and losing concentration a bit.

Can't call Wednesday. A clean sheet might be the trick as I reckon United will score. Bayern's scoring record is impressive but lets face it - the two goals they got the last night could and should have been easily avoided. The balance in midfield is crucial and I agree - the old legs have to be kept in reserve for the last twenty minutes (if required).

Aaron Boone

Papers reporting Rooney could on the bench for the 2nd leg on Wednesday:

Sir Alex Ferguson could spring the surprise of the season by including Wayne Rooney in his plans for the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich on Wednesday.

The Manchester United manager said Rooney would be sidelined for 'two or three weeks' after suffering ankle ligament damage in last Tuesday's 2-1 first leg defeat in Munich.

But Rooney has responded well to intensive treatment and, according to sources close to the England striker, is considered to be 'moving closer' to a return.

Ferguson will not put the rest of Rooney's season at risk and will wait until tomorrow before making a decision. If the 24-year-old cannot rejoin his colleagues in training then, he will not be included.

But Ferguson and Rooney are quietly hoping he will be fit to make a sensational return at Old Trafford and increase United's chances of progressing to the semi-finals.

ross4life

yep the good old sun newspaper reports on Rooney's possible early return  ::)

it's important he's not rushed back or he'll be out for the season! hopefully united will still have champions league football when he returns in few weeks

there's talk of playing kiko & berba up top on Wednesday! i can't see it happening but would be worth a try

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2010, 07:52:12 AM
yep the good old sun newspaper reports on Rooney's possible early return  ::)

it's important he's not rushed back or he'll be out for the season! hopefully united will still have champions league football when he returns in few weeks

there's talk of playing kiko & berba up top on Wednesday! i can't see it happening but would be worth a try

It actually crossed my mind last night that it might be worth a go. We all know Fergie loves his 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation in Europe but I wonder if a slight modification of it with Macheda up top and Berba coming deep might suit the personnel available better?

ross4life

The Atmosphere in Old Trafford will be important on Wednesday! i felt last Saturday was very Quiet maybe the early kick off was to blame?

but Ac Milan Game Had a Brilliant Atmosphere & united with need that type of backing again

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2010, 02:56:40 PM
The Atmosphere in Old Trafford will be important on Wednesday! i felt last Saturday was very Quiet maybe the early kick off was to blame?

but Ac Milan Game Had a Brilliant Atmosphere & united with need that type of backing again

Atmoshere?.........At Old Trafford?  Blood from a stone comes to mind

ross4life

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on April 05, 2010, 03:55:29 PM

Paul Mc Graths Da trying to get a reaction from fellow united fans on this thread? Blood from a stone also springs to mind 

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on April 05, 2010, 04:30:31 PM

Paul Mc Graths Da trying to get a reaction from fellow united fans on this thread? Blood from a stone also springs to mind

I doubt very much whether the Da is a fellow united fan
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rocky Mc Guigan

Was at the game on Saturday- nowt wrong with atmosphere- just the dross that was served up by the United midfield and striker

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 05, 2010, 05:58:57 PM
Was at the game on Saturday- nowt wrong with atmosphere- just the dross that was served up by the United midfield and striker

Anyone with anything approaching an iota of a clue knows that the atmosphere at OT has been quite good in recent times. Best to ignore that fella. It seems ok for the United thread to be trolled but not oter ones so we just have to put up with it.

Shrewdness

or a sensible comment from you Da.

Nobody has mentioned this so far, but am i the only one who thought that Van der Sar could have done better for Drogba's goal ???
Not the first time he's been beaten at his near post this season.

Re the game v Bayern, for some terrible reason, i just can't see us keeping a clean sheet in this game.
We're going to need leaders on Wednesday night, but who will they be?.....Park ?, Carrick ? Berbatov ?..I don't think so :(...With Ronaldo and Rooney missing from this time last year, i think we're struggling for leaders in the mould of past greats such as Schmeichel, Bruce, Robson and Keane to name just a few.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Munich nail us on Wednesday night by 2-1, with Berbatov scoring for United, thereby completing a hat trick of 2-1 defeats in a week.
The whole vibe around that team isn't right for me at the moment. Maybe it's Rooney's absence, maybe not. Robben is a huge threat in this game, with Schweinsteiger also back.
It's a dangerous game for United.