Quote from: Minder on April 03, 2010, 05:39:22 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 03, 2010, 05:37:36 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 03, 2010, 05:33:33 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 03, 2010, 05:25:46 PM

i expect them to slip up v Blackburn
[/quote

With fergies bitch in charge of them...no chance

it's away & after a european game

Yes to a team in the north west after a home European game. The travelling will wreck them.

What have you not been checking united's results after european game this season?

Chelsea having a free week helped them today & will again next weekend

& one final point on the Ref today! drogba offside, handball & two clear penaltys he was shocking poor

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

must.....................stifle....................laughter...............................CAN'T!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EC Unique

It WAS NOT a hand ball LL but whatever. ::)  Bloody blind linesman has cost Utd 3 points >:(

stew

United were pathetic in the first half, played very well in the second but lacked that bit of class in front of goal.

the midfield cost them today. well that and that arse clown neville, he was dire as he is more often than not, he sems to be either really shite or excellent these days.

The simple fact is, Chelsea were better prepared and overall were the better side......jst. they are a stronger side physicially and it showed, that tr**p terry played very well i thought.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: EC Unique on April 03, 2010, 06:31:40 PM
It WAS NOT a hand ball LL but whatever. ::)  Bloody blind linesman has cost Utd 3 points >:(

Is the accepted wisdom not that these things even themselves out over a season??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

The Real Laoislad

You don't really believe any of that do you?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Do you also know what I had for lunch?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gaffer

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 03, 2010, 07:57:46 PM

Chelsea had Man U for their lunch!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 03, 2010, 07:57:46 PM
not unless you posted it on the board....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Lasagne and Chips and a pint of Carlsberg
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Very disappointing result. United were very poor in first half without looking in any danger of conceeding a goal until a fine piece of work by Malouda and a bit of luck for Cole. United were much better in the second half but not too threatening either bar, funnily enough, Berbatov in the air. Chelsea were happy to just sit on their lead. The most annoying thing about the Drogba offside goal is how easy it would have been for the linesman to spot. It was very clear to see. Nani did well to get a ball over and Macheda got a bit of luck though it was not a handball (if it was then the one that hit I think Malouda was a cert penalty - it wasn't). Berba had a great chance which I expected him to stick but it was not to be (and I completely disagree with the criticism of him here, he tried had and was one of United's better players). 

I'd be fairly worried about Bayern and Blackburn now. The only hope is that Chelsea are not great at all and may also drop points on the way home.

Mayo4Sam

For my money:
stone wall penalty by neville on nasty nic
drogba defo offside
macheda handled, the rules are clear, if he hadn't used his hand then the ball wouldn't have gone in, end of story
don't know how the united lads reckon the ref robbed them of 3 points!
Better team won
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Geoff Tipps

Quotemacheda handled, the rules are clear, if he hadn't used his hand then the ball wouldn't have gone in, end of story

Agreed. Was a blatant handball. Better team won. Move on!

J70

Quote from: stew on April 03, 2010, 06:39:03 PM
United were pathetic in the first half, played very well in the second but lacked that bit of class in front of goal.

the midfield cost them today. well that and that arse clown neville, he was dire as he is more often than not, he sems to be either really shite or excellent these days.

The simple fact is, Chelsea were better prepared and overall were the better side......jst. they are a stronger side physicially and it showed, that tr**p terry played very well i thought.

Its only two weeks since a "Neville for England" campaign was starting to brew! :D

The Drogba offside was a shocking miss by the linesman - I'd say it will be while before he's another premiership game!

I thought the game was starting to swing away again from United in the minutes before Chelsea scored the second anway. Drogba and Kallou made a huge difference, because throughout the second half, up until they came on, Chelsea could not get hold of the ball in United's half. Cole was dropping back defending, while ball retention would not exactly be Anelka's strong point. Good substitutions by Ancellotti, IMO.

gawa316

How was it not? Just seen it and it hit his stomach and then his forearm and went into the net ???

Both teams should've had a pen each and obviously drogba was offside. Read earlier scholes could easily have walked for couple of tackles. MOTD didn't show any (surprise surprise). Anyone who seen the match care to comment?