Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: muppet on March 31, 2010, 06:22:40 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 31, 2010, 06:07:04 PM
Has there been any diagnosis on Rooney yet ?.

Gone for season and a doubt for the Charity Shield.

So utd are going to win the league then?

mountainboii

Quote from: stew on March 31, 2010, 05:46:44 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 31, 2010, 05:13:08 PM
Well is Rooney out for a few weeks or not?

I suppose the good thing about this if Rooney is out,Slur Alex and United fans if they do go on to lose the Premier League race and get knocked out of Europe will have a ready made excuse as to why it all went wrong...
We all know how much ye love your excuses...

Need I mention "grey jerseygate" v Southampton :D

Rooney is out for at least two weeks if not a month, I would say that if United lose to Chelsea which looks likely at this stage they will rush him back before he is ready, that would be a big mistake.

I am not a man united supporter anymore, I havent been to OT in 15 years but I still look for their results and hope they do well, the one thing I hate more than anything with soccer is the absolute joy fans take when their rival loses, Liverpool and United fans are the worst at this, youse need help lads, it's not as if it is Armagh Down ffs. ;)

I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion. You seem to have better sources than the BBC, Sky or any Mancheter United supporter.

Minder

Sky "sources" reported "two weeks to a month".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Quote from: Minder on March 31, 2010, 06:29:03 PM
Sky "sources" reported "two weeks to a month".

Aye was watching it. They're basically saying, 'no one's telling us anything so we haven't a clue, but sure we'll take a stab at 2 to 4 weeks anyway'.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on March 31, 2010, 06:25:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 31, 2010, 06:22:40 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 31, 2010, 06:07:04 PM
Has there been any diagnosis on Rooney yet ?.

Gone for season and a doubt for the Charity Shield.

So utd are going to win the league then?

If Chelsea win the double,will they play the runners up in the league or FA Cup in the Charity Community Shield?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Runner up in the league I think LL, so it will probably be Chelsea v Arsenal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on March 31, 2010, 04:14:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 31, 2010, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: bingobus on March 31, 2010, 02:27:40 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on March 31, 2010, 02:19:17 PM
He is on a plane and has not had a scan yet so I can't see where the 2-4 week thing comes from. If it is the case then that would not be too bad.

Saturday will be very difficult. Would rip your hand off for a draw.
I'd have assumed that United would have there own charter and would have been back in Manchester last night not too long after the game. Would have thought that very few clubs stay over the night after matches now unless its way out of the way.

They had planned to stay last night in order to get good rest before Sat lunch time. Due home this afternoon.

What was their cruising altitude EC?

Had to drop to 25000 feet due to a bit of turbulence. Otherwise a nice flight ;)

Paul Mc Graths Da

Evening lads......Hope everyone got their toys back in the pram after last nights frivolity ;)

new devil

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: new devil on March 31, 2010, 09:49:02 PM
Didn't you get a warning??   ;)

At least we have something in common now!  :)

new devil

ross4life

Didn't get to see the match last night but juding by the Stats Bayern Derserved their win! but they did get two very lucky goals

undecided about the Return leg  :-\2-1 is a dangoures score! ask the Chelsea boys  but if rooney is indeed out for 4 weeks it's time for the other players to grab the headlines like park v liverpool & berba v Bolton did

the key to success V Chelsea & munich will be keeping a clean sheet

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shrewdness

Whilst all the talk is of Rooney being out for ''up to a month'', they are also saying that the full extent of the injury won't be known until the end of the week.
Is this to allow the swelling to go down.?

I reckon it's 50/50 whether he'll play again this season.

magpie seanie

Bad performance last night but nearly (and should have) got away with it. Top player and all that Evra is I think he looks tired, mentally anyway, and is getting caught a bit at times. Unfortunately last night it happened at a really bad time. I think United will just go through in a cracker of a second leg, possibly after extra time.

Obviously Rooney's injury is a huge problem. Still think United can grind out at least a draw on Saturday and the recent PL record without Rooney is surprisingly good (albeit it is probably against the lower half teams).