Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteBut my argument is stat's prove it all. When they decide it and if he get's it because he scored 30 goals..sure that's a stat is it not..

Then you'll be able to explain how David Ginola won Player of the Year in 1999 ahead of Keane, Scholes, Cole or Yorke?

Because he was the best player there...

Stats?  Here's a tip.  Don't post on an empty head.

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 10:15:51 PM
Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 12, 2010, 10:10:40 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2010, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 12, 2010, 10:01:41 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 12, 2010, 09:57:53 PM
What i'm saying is its decided on stat's..

You cant just say he had so many great games...has to be proved by stat's.

You say he's been head and shoulders above everyone. How do you prove that?

Aye your right Giggs had amazin stats last year!!

didn't giggs win the PFA player of the year which is picked by players & gerrard won the football writers player of the year which i think they choose on stats????

Bore off!  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

your son Paul won it in 1993 when united won their first league title for 26 years at least you had something to celebrate  :D

I celebrated when my cub left that horrible mob..........but not as much as he did! 

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: under the bar on March 12, 2010, 11:08:58 PM
QuoteBut my argument is stat's prove it all. When they decide it and if he get's it because he scored 30 goals..sure that's a stat is it not..

Then you'll be able to explain how David Ginola won Player of the Year in 1999 ahead of Keane, Scholes, Cole or Yorke?

Dont mess with quotes that not good....See what UTD win then...... Average in every other position on the field.. Keeper ( VDS....PENSIONER).....Right back (PENSIONER Gary Neville) Centre Half (Rio I don't need a piss Ferdinand) Centre Half Vidic (ok player) Evra(I can kick any one but i'm that small no one cares) Midfield...Paul Scholes(I think i can just kick around me and get off with it because i'm so old) Anderson(I'm just glad to be here) Fletcher(I cant wait to kick another Arsenal player...I cant play football maybe it will rub off) usually i just run around like a headless chicken...Giggs...My arms broke leave me out of this... Nani...Clear the way in coming to flip up there!! Wjat do you mean i'm crap? Berbatov (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz) sori missed all that i was having a wee kip...Rooney lol   Average player compared to Pele!!!!!Q!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ross4life

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 01:00:09 AM

Dont mess with quotes that not good....See what UTD win then...... Average in every other position on the field.. Keeper ( VDS....PENSIONER).....Right back (PENSIONER Gary Neville) Centre Half (Rio I don't need a piss Ferdinand) Centre Half Vidic (ok player) Evra(I can kick any one but i'm that small no one cares) Midfield...Paul Scholes(I think i can just kick around me and get off with it because i'm so old) Anderson(I'm just glad to be here) Fletcher(I cant wait to kick another Arsenal player...I cant play football maybe it will rub off) usually i just run around like a headless chicken...Giggs...My arms broke leave me out of this... Nani...Clear the way in coming to flip up there!! Wjat do you mean i'm crap? Berbatov (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz) sori missed all that i was having a wee kip...Rooney lol   Average player compared to Pele!!!!!Q!

seriously pat are you for real  ??? you have to be drinking with comments like those

what's with all this pensioner business, are you 18 or something.......

get one thing straight united since 1990 to the present day are a damn good team one of the best in European football why??? because Fergie made them that way!!!!

you may not like that or even hate it........... but a little respect & been able to admit how good a team is something you should try out
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ross4life on March 13, 2010, 01:19:24 AM

seriously pat are you for real  ??? you have to be drinking with comments like those

get one thing straight united since 1990 to the present day are a damn good team one of the best in European football why??? because Fergie made them that way!!!!

you may not like that or even hate it........... but a little respect & been able to admit how good a team is something you should try out

Probably some of the same players playing since 1990...Get real they should have sacked Ferguson then... I respect Utd as a good team but they are not what everyone thinks they are ( one man team) by that I mean there is one player at a complete higher standard than the rest of the team and if he gets injured UTD are fcuked...Who they going to bring in Diouf??..... I will have a whole lot more respect for them when they go through a whole unbeaten but I guess we all know that's never going to happen! Van Persie is Arsenals main player and they have had to cope without him for last 3 mths...How far up the league would ManU be if Rooney got the same injury?

under the bar

3 premierships in a row.....obvious sign of an average team  ;)

Champions league winners and runners up in consecutive years....obvious sign of an average team  ;)

Sell the world's most expensive player in the close season and still be top of the league in Feb.....obvious sign of an average team  ;)

Quote.How far up the league would ManU be if Rooney got the same injury?

Probably as far up as your head is up your hole! 

Maybe you should change your handle to Pat the Voyeur? ;D

Boycey

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 07:35:46 AM

Probably some of the same players playing since 1990...Get real they should have sacked Ferguson then... I respect Utd as a good team but they are not what everyone thinks they are ( one man team) by that I mean there is one player at a complete higher standard than the rest of the team and if he gets injured UTD are fcuked...Who they going to bring in Diouf??..... I will have a whole lot more respect for them when they go through a whole unbeaten but I guess we all know that's never going to happen! Van Persie is Arsenals main player and they have had to cope without him for last 3 mths...How far up the league would ManU be if Rooney got the same injury?
U should stick to watching Pat because your posting is pointless.

Is going through a season undefeated the be all and end all???

Better than winning a Treble??

Better than winning three leagues in a row???

Better than back to back Champions league final appearances??

Arsenals excellent league winning team of 03-04 did go through the season undefeated but their points total of 90 has been surpassed by United twice and Chelsea twice, even last year a non-vintage United team equalled the total. Remember a win and a loss yields three points while two draws only yields two. ;)

One last stat as I know you like them Arsenal lost more games in all competitions in their "invincible" season than United did in their treble winning season.. Can we have some of ur respect now, please :P

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Boycey on March 13, 2010, 11:35:15 AM

U should stick to watching Pat because your posting is pointless.

Is going through a season undefeated the be all and end all???

Better than winning a Treble??

Better than winning three leagues in a row???

Better than back to back Champions league final appearances??

Arsenals excellent league winning team of 03-04 did go through the season undefeated but their points total of 90 has been surpassed by United twice and Chelsea twice, even last year a non-vintage United team equalled the total. Remember a win and a loss yields three points while two draws only yields two. ;)

One last stat as I know you like them Arsenal lost more games in all competitions in their "invincible" season than United did in their treble winning season.. Can we have some of ur respect now, please :P

Yes going through a season unbeaten is better than winning a treble..You were lucky to win all 3.Arsenal should have beat u in the 1/2 final of Cup and the League..Bayern should have been 3 up before u scored 2 lucky goals in the last mins...So yes not getting beaten in 38 games is a bigger feat...Plus no other team has done it in over 100 years and may never do it again!

ross4life

Arsenal don't have a top goal scoring forward & that includes Van Persie (his league best 11 goals)

as for "invincible" season that wouldn't even had happened if Van nistelrooy didn't miss that penalty about 10 games in

& very Few team's don't get luck along the way to winning something? even the Great Barcelona team last season needed a huge slice of luck v chelsea

P.S one final point fergie should have been sacked  :D yes from 1986 to 1990 united didn't win anything under fergie so does that mean wenger should have got sacked last season after going 4 years without winning anything?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

under the bar

QuoteYes going through a season unbeaten is better than winning a treble..You were lucky to win all 3.Arsenal should have beat u in the 1/2 final of Cup and the League..Bayern should have been 3 up before u scored 2 lucky goals in the last mins...So yes not getting beaten in 38 games is a bigger feat...Plus no other team has done it in over 100 years and may never do it again!

lol.  So you're an Arsenal fan then?  Or are you Fearon's alter ego?

So remind us when Arsenal last retained the title? 

While your at it list your European achievements.   ;D 

Farrandeelin

So why didn't Arsenal beat Utd in the semi-final that year ???

Vieira uh-oh-uh Vieira uh-oh-uh, he gave Giggsy the ball, and Arsenal won f**k all!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

Pat, you really haven't much of a clue if you reckon Van Persie is Arsenals main player.  Average Premier League Striker, never really cut it against the big teams, probably because he is the most one footed player in the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 13, 2010, 12:34:48 PM

Yes going through a season unbeaten is better than winning a treble..You were lucky to win all 3.Arsenal should have beat u in the 1/2 final of Cup and the League..Bayern should have been 3 up before u scored 2 lucky goals in the last mins...So yes not getting beaten in 38 games is a bigger feat...Plus no other team has done it in over 100 years and may never do it again!

And United SHOULD have beaten Arsenal a month into their unbeaten season.

Complete nonsense arguement. You're usually a better poster than that Watcher Pat
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

new devil

FB change that title...."WAS PELE ANYWHERE AS GOOD AS ROONEY"   :P

ross4life

Brilliant from Berba & rooney Job done  8)

special mention for vidic game saving tackle  ;)