Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2009, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 19, 2009, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2009, 05:14:13 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 19, 2009, 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2009, 05:08:27 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 19, 2009, 05:02:27 PM
With Vidic not the player he was, and rio still the not a player as always, its priority a centre back is signed in January.

If not, its adios our title  :'(

wow thats the biggest surprise of the day you been a united fan  :o

who told you Vidic is not the player he was the daily mirror? if vidic had been playing today the first two goals would not have been scored, we don't need Centre backs we also have Evans & brown & o Shea to play there if wanted

p.s indeed where is that thread???

You must have deleted it when you realised you were wrong  ;)

wrong about what?

When you were laughing at an article about the best premiership team in 2009, and suprised why Vidic wasn't in, in place of Hangeland. Vidic has been poor in 2009, was good for first half of last season, but his standards dipped from feb/march onwards. Then you quoted the PFA team of 08/09, even though your initial article was about the best team in 2009. You musta deleted the thread to save yourself any embarassment.

vidic has been poor in 2009? the record was set in 2009 for clean sheets ::) it's a media thing about vidic loss of form don't fall for it! the games Vidic has played in this season he has barely put a foot wrong

they also try to do the same with John Terry as times the facts remain the main reason why united won the league last season was the great defence & vidic held it together

only embarsssent i have is for the guy voting Hangeland better than vidic in 2009  :D

Yes, he must be an idiot if he didn't select Vidic. ::)

Just as the media might overhype a temporary loss of form by someone like Vidic (and indeed also overhype him at times), there is also a much wider tendency to dismiss anyone who doesn't play for one of the powerhouse teams. For all I know, Hangeland has been far and away the best defender in England in 2009 - I don't watch Fulham very much, so  I cannot offer a judgement on that. Are you so well informed that you can be so dismissive? And just because someone might select Hangeland ahead of Vidic doesn't necessarily mean that they think Vidic has been shite - just that Hangeland has been better.

under the bar

2 defeats in 3 games and Chelsea only gain 2 points on us.   Hopefully they'll still be only 4 points ahead at 1st Jan.

Archie Mitchell

TheGreatRambo

Hmmmm fishing on another teams thread looking for a bite, wonder if he'll get the same abuse I did on the City thread?

Archie Mitchell

Its a valid question though. I hate supporters using the terms we or us when talking about the team they support. They may buy merchandise, buy tickets etc but still doesn't mean they are part enough of the club to use the terms we and us when talking about the team. I don't say it when talking about City and I'm a member and buy merchandise, tickets etc.

TheGreatRambo

You need to get out more...

I follow or have an interest in United, Ireland, Castleblayney Faughs, Monaghan, Limerick hurlers and New York Jets amongst others and at times would have called them all "us" or "we" depending on who I'm with or where I am. In my opinion having an emotional attachment to any team gives you the right to call them "we"

mountainboii

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 20, 2009, 06:47:24 PM
Its a valid question though. I hate supporters using the terms we or us when talking about the team they support. They may buy merchandise, buy tickets etc but still doesn't mean they are part enough of the club to use the terms we and us when talking about the team. I don't say it when talking about City and I'm a member and buy merchandise, tickets etc.

WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE WE US US US US US US US US US US US

Minder

This debate alway reminds me of a conversation two of my mates had, one said "we wuz robbed" or something similar to which the other fella asked "what position were you playing?"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

It's all opinions after all. You may feel that way, but I don't. I still support all my teams the same way without feeling the need to claim to be part of it.

EC Unique

Chelsea let US off today.. All is not lost :)

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 20, 2009, 07:09:10 PM
It's all opinions after all. You may feel that way, but I don't. I still support all my teams the same way without feeling the need to claim to be part of it.
That's the whole point of being a sportsfan is it not? To feel part of something. Outside of the obvious  births, deaths and marraiges most of the biggest highs and lows in my life have been watching the teams I love. Winning and losing Champions Leagues, Monaghans defeats to Kerry in 07 and 08 and most heartbreaking of all for me Limericks late fall to Offaly in 94 and I've felt part of all of them, what be the point of sport otherwise?

magpie seanie

The biggest problem with the defensive injury crisis is that Fletcher and to a lesser extent Carrick are sorely missed in midfield. Even though United's midfield hasn't been great in the last couple of seasons its now getting totally walked on. I feel bad seeing a great player like Scholes going through what he's going through. The outlook is still bleak with no prospect of players returning any time soon but as of now all is not lost. Chelsea without Essien appear rudderless and almost as bad as United. In previous seasons they'd have buried United for losing 5 games pre-Christmas but not so far. This all means Arsenal, Villa and even Spurs and siddy (if they win their game in hand) are all less than 10 points off the pace. Makes it interesting. There has been huge overreaction here about United, laughable really. If United can hang in there until mid January they won't be far away in May and all the other teams and their supporters know this.

ross4life

The last six games

Chelsea W3 L1 D2 11 points
Arsenal W3 L2 D1 10 points
Liverpool W2 L2 D2 8 points

Manchester United W4 L2 D0 12 points

Now, this puts things into perspective and makes me feel a little better, Not a bad record with all the injuries ;)

& with vidic brown & neville closer to return things shall improve even more
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 21, 2009, 10:50:59 AM
The biggest problem with the defensive injury crisis is that Fletcher and to a lesser extent Carrick are sorely missed in midfield. Even though United's midfield hasn't been great in the last couple of seasons its now getting totally walked on. I feel bad seeing a great player like Scholes going through what he's going through. The outlook is still bleak with no prospect of players returning any time soon but as of now all is not lost. Chelsea without Essien appear rudderless and almost as bad as United. In previous seasons they'd have buried United for losing 5 games pre-Christmas but not so far. This all means Arsenal, Villa and even Spurs and siddy (if they win their game in hand) are all less than 10 points off the pace. Makes it interesting. There has been huge overreaction here about United, laughable really. If United can hang in there until mid January they won't be far away in May and all the other teams and their supporters know this.

Good post Seanie. Agree.

bingobus

Is it possible that Alex is fed up with the owners and is trying to get fired with the big payout?

If top 4 is not made maybe Rooney will have to go for financial reasons regardless of what he wants!