Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Terrible goal to concede in a half that Utd dominated >:( Defence has went to f**k after been un-penetratable earlier in the season. A lot to do in Portugal but capable of it if Performance is lifted. Fair play to Porto the are a great attacking side and 'Hulk' is a strong chap :o  All is not lost....

Hotrocks

Poor stuff!! I guess a draw is the best we could have expected after that performance, in fairness Porto surprised me with how confident they were on the ball.  Big game needed in Porto now  :(

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Why don't they play Ronaldo on these big European nights?
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

Hotrocks

Ronnie was very poor indeed! Think hes carrying an injury!

Square Ball

complete and utter tripe, terrible at the back and the Nev should quitely slip off into the sunset, sorry to say about such a great servant but I think hes done.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stiffler

Quote from: Hotrocks on April 07, 2009, 09:41:34 PM
Ronnie was very poor indeed! Think hes carrying an injury!

yea, a mental one

Bill on rte- 'benitez has got into ferguson's head'  :D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Square Ball

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2009, 09:43:59 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on April 07, 2009, 09:40:26 PM

Thats what I was thinking  :D

Very impressed with Porto tonight though, wern't afraid to attack when many lesser teams come to OT to defend. They have some handy players and could have scored more and Utd could have been out of it. Hulk looks a good prospect.

Tough return leg for Utd now, no English team has won at Porto. Will be touch and go.

3-3 then
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

under the bar

Terrible performance and a win would have flattered them.  Hard to know how to approach the return leg. 

A big, big performance required.

Barney

8 goals conceded in 3 home matches. Very very worrying.

I wonder whether the exertions of last year, and the trip to Japan is now catching up with the players. There is a lack of concentration at the back that wasn't there.

11 Nanis would have done better out there tonight but Porto are a lot better than they were given credit for.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2009, 09:43:59 PM
Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on April 07, 2009, 09:40:26 PM

Thats what I was thinking  :D

Very impressed with Porto tonight though, wern't afraid to attack when many lesser teams come to OT to defend. They have some handy players and could have scored more and Utd could have been out of it. Hulk looks a good prospect.

Tough return leg for Utd now, no English team has won at Porto. Will be touch and go.

Hulk was terrible at the Emirates earlier in the season..

Never seen tonights game as i watched Arsenal match but going by earlier in the season Arsenal will be praying for Porto...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

screenexile

Quote from: EC Unique on April 07, 2009, 09:39:05 PM
Terrible goal to concede in a half that Utd dominated >:( Defence has went to f**k after been un-penetratable earlier in the season. A lot to do in Portugal but capable of it if Performance is lifted. Fair play to Porto the are a great attacking side and 'Hulk' is a strong chap :o  All is not lost....

Are you havin a laugh? United were non existent in MF and were exremely lucky to get 2 goals out of absolutely nothing. In truth United deserved to lose this game.

All credit to Porto there are very few teams who go all out attack against Man U but I guess when they are missing the players they are it was the smart thing to do! They were great to watch tonight and their all out attack mentality (Allied with United's makeshift defensive options esp in midfield) made for an entertaining game. Looking forward to next week's serving. After Sunderland put one over on them first though obviously!

EC Unique

Quote from: Barney on April 07, 2009, 09:50:01 PM
8 goals conceded in 3 home matches. Very very worrying.

I wonder whether the exertions of last year, and the trip to Japan is now catching up with the players. There is a lack of concentration at the back that wasn't there.

11 Nanis would have done better out there tonight but Porto are a lot better than they were given credit for.

Def seems to be pyhsical and mental fatigue setting in. 4 days rest now and a league game away to Sunderland is not the worst fixture we could have. Ronaldo give away a ball on Sunday and resulted in a goal, same again tonight, tracking back is an area of his game that he needs to work on. 3rd quarter looked like the Utd we love but did not get an end product in that period even with total domination... Frustrating.... :-\

Doogie Browser

Another two goals conceded past the previously invincible - Roy Castle Trumpet playing tap dancing - record breaker Edwin Van De Sar.  Definitely problems at Old Trafford at a crucial time of the season.