Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Lecale, agree that the above post, and other such posts should be removed
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Vlad the Impaler and Syd the Sailor...

His multiple names are even rhyming now!

Gaaboardmod3

Post(s) edited above. Please consider this a final warning Vlad/Syd. As gaaboard said, we had a cull of posters a month or so ago for posts like that. Don't want to do it again, but...

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Redgreenery

Well said Gaaboardmod3! Hopefully he'll/they'll shut up now!

Square Ball

agree with the two previous posts, hope it will stop now.

Redgreenery

Back to Man Utd stuff......

QuoteReading will put up a fight in the FA Cup at Old Trafford on Saturday, taking inspiration from their two matches against United this season.

A 1-1 draw at the Madejski Stadium in September is one of only six matches in which the Reds have dropped points this season, while the meeting in Manchester in December had seemed comfortable at 3-1, only for Leroy Lita to instigate a worrying final few moments with an injury-time goal.

"We will be going all out for the win on Saturday," Steve Sidwell confidently states. "We won't be playing for the draw because that's not our style of play.

"We believe the confidence we've gained from our previous games against United will boost our performance. In the draw at home we played very well and at Old Trafford I thought we were good up until the first goal. I thought it was pretty even and we gave as a good as we got."

Steve Coppell has made Reading one of the Premiership's success stories this season. The Royals are currently in sixth place in the league and hopeful of progressing in the FA Cup. But, despite their confidence, it didn't prevent a tinge of frustration at being drawn against Sir Alex Ferguson's side in the fifth round.

"There was a mixture of disappointment and excitement when the draw was made," Sidwell tells United Review. "Obviously we want to go as far as we can in the competition, and coming up against United is very daunting.

"It would have been nice to have an easier tie, but there is no easy route if you want to go all the way – you have to beat strong teams and there's none stronger than United."

Reading are probably going to be a tough enough test but I can only see Utd coming out of it by mabye 2 goals.

Square Ball

Reading are going to make 8 changes according to Steve Coppell, so I wonder will SAF play with same team as the last round?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

Yip I think so, was booked against Spurs in that tight game at WHL :)

Redgreenery

Just read that Tim Howard has made his loan move to Everton permanent, so he'll be staying there.

Syd The Sailor

Youse are really dealing with the big issues on here lads....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Square Ball

magpie seanie

Reading are in excellent form and will be very tough to beat. Would prefer United to go out than face a replay. That said if Coppell is going to make 8 changes you'd expect any decent United side to go through.

full back