Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteI agree with you about O'Shea and wasn't intending to have a pop at him. Just pointing out how much Evra is missed.

OK granted but sh*t happens and we've managed OK without him to date.  Thankfully he'll be back and chomping at the bit for the Chelsea game on 11th.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: under the bar on December 30, 2008, 11:40:28 AM

JOS is never spectacular but can play anywhere as a temporary fill in

Thats why he's nicknamed the Monkey Wrench....
A useless tool that only has one function and is used as a last resort  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 30, 2008, 11:42:26 AM
I agree with you about O'Shea and wasn't intending to have a pop at him. Just pointing out how much Evra is missed.

I'm sure John O'Shea can comfort himself with his extensive and growing medal collection. Himself and Fletcher would be first choice at most clubs (I can think of one or two that are short of full backs never mind that O'Shea can also play centre back or midfield). They rarely let United down when played and are important members of the squad.

Happy to hear that there was a good reason for Tevez not being involved last night. He is going to be crucial for the rest of the season.

The Real Laoislad

QuoteI'm sure John O'Shea can comfort himself with his extensive and growing medal collection.
Himself and Fletcher would be first choice at most clubs.

Sure Djimi Traore has a Champions League medal,doesn't mean he is any good though. :D
The second sentence is the quote of the year IMHO  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Laoislad - you putting a big smily face beside it doesn't mean it isn't true. O'Shea would start (probably at centre back) at any side in the bottom half and Fletcher would be in the central midfield of any team outside the top 4.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

So O Shea would start for any team in the bottom half of the EPL ? High recommendation indeed. . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

joebloggs

Im heading to mancheseter soon for a match, and was wondering if anyone here had been before and what you thought of the experience. Anything worth going to see or do? Im definitely doing the tour. What about transport after a game, I hear it can take a while to get back to the city center.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2008, 09:40:01 PM
So O Shea would start for any team in the bottom half of the EPL ? High recommendation indeed. . . . . . .

Its gone from most clubs to any side in the bottom half.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

QuoteSo O Shea would start for any team in the bottom half of the EPL ? High recommendation indeed. . . . . . .

Only when you put it in the context that some of Liverpool's bench wouldn't even make the starting 11 in the same teams.

corn02

Quote from: under the bar on December 31, 2008, 10:18:11 AM
QuoteSo O Shea would start for any team in the bottom half of the EPL ? High recommendation indeed. . . . . . .

Only when you put it in the context that some of Liverpool's bench wouldn't even make the starting 11 in the same teams.

Talk about bullshit posts from both sides of the fence. Some of Liverpools bench wouldn't make it? So, neither would some of Uniteds - what is the point in this stupid argument. O'Shea is a utility player, does a job has limitations. Fletcher is a class act for me and in the underrated bracket with Park and Tevez.

under the bar

Maybe Minder, RLL and Corn02 should bring their  JOS bitch-fight over to the Liverpool group so the rest of us can just sit back and watch?   :P

Shrewdness

Lads and lassies, anyone who doesn't subscribe to MUTV can watch it for free on January 1 and 2.

It's available on Sky Channel 406 and Virgin Media Channel 530.

At some stage tomorrow there will be an in depth interview with Ronaldo and a showing tomorrow night at 11pm of the Champions League Final in Moscow.

At some stage on Friday, there will be a showing of United's 3-0 win over Barcelona in 1984.

Happy New Year to you all.

under the bar

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on December 31, 2008, 01:17:30 PM
Lads and lassies, anyone who doesn't subscribe to MUTV can watch it for free on January 1 and 2.

It's available on Sky Channel 406 and Virgin Media Channel 530.

At some stage tomorrow there will be an in depth interview with Ronaldo and a showing tomorrow night at 11pm of the Champions League Final in Moscow.

At some stage on Friday, there will be a showing of United's 3-0 win over Barcelona in 1984.

Happy New Year to you all.

One of the great European nights at Old Trafford. I remember it well. That was a bloody good United side that underachieved in not winning a league title. On their day they were as good as the best around but inconsistency and injuries thwarted them. Sky+ is the job. Its on at 11.30am tomorrow but possibly repeated later.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: joebloggs on December 30, 2008, 11:55:36 PM
Im heading to mancheseter soon for a match, and was wondering if anyone here had been before and what you thought of the experience. Anything worth going to see or do? Im definitely doing the tour. What about transport after a game, I hear it can take a while to get back to the city center.
I wouldnt call myself a fan but my mate is, we went to a couple of the european nights (Roma and Millian) and it was an excellent experience.  Went and done the tour and muesum a couple of months back, was a good day.  most surprised at the players lounge, it's not very impressive.  I dont think you'll get to see the changing room if you go around match day.  Best to book in advance btw.
As for getting back to the city centre, we were advised to get the trams back to the city centre, think they're 10 or 15 mintue walk from OT (pretty sure there's one stop near the cricket ground), you need to check it out though, as it happened there was a black cab available just as we were finished so we didnt need to look about trams.  We were told to forget about getting a bus.  (Not sure about match days though)
There's a pub near piccadilly station called piccadilly something as well and the chocolate cake is unreal.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?