Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Well obviosuly Rafa made the subs when it was 1-0, not 1-1 so he can't really be making subs for the possibility instead of the reality.

I don't  know, Keane has been out of sorts. At the moment I would far rather Kuyt on the end of a ball than Keane given both of their contrasting recent form.

full back

This is the Champions thread corn, so this is the wrong place for the conversation ;)

Anyway, I just felt the players he put on didnt give the pool the impetus to kick on & seal the victory, rather he prefers to sit back & hold on to a 1-0 win

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on November 03, 2008, 09:18:14 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 02, 2008, 11:48:10 PM
Never ceases to amaze me the rubbish that some folk get away with putting on here and if you (rightly) call them an idiot they'd report you and get you a warning.

Have a look at the shite EC  and co have been putting on Pool page.

Jeez calm down Corny Im only having a bit of craic!! I thought we were alout that on here.  :-\

corn02

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on November 03, 2008, 03:20:14 PM
Ach I know,i'm grumpy from the weekend EC.

Never worry, you will get your chance to slag us manures sooner or later :-*

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on November 03, 2008, 03:44:12 PM
Quote from: corn02 on November 03, 2008, 03:20:14 PM
Ach I know,i'm grumpy from the weekend EC.

Never worry, you will get your chance to slag us manures sooner or later :-*

Hopefully.  :D

full back

Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville and Wes Brown will sit out Manchester United's UEFA Champions League tie at Celtic.

The United trio have not travelled with their team-mates to Glasgow ahead of Wednesday's Group E encounter at Parkhead.

The holders have confirmed that Dutch goalkeeper Van der Sar has been rested, rather than being left out due to injury.

England cap Ben Foster is expected to be given the nod to make his Champions League debut ahead of Polish shot-stopper Tomasz Kuszczak.

Van der Sar was left out of last week's 2-0 win over West Ham United, with Kuszczak taking the gloves, but Foster is due to make his first appearance of the season on Wednesday.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is also without Brown after the full-back failed to shake off an ankle knock which has kept him out of the last two matches.

Captain Neville has also been left in Manchester, so exciting Brazilian teenager Rafael da Silva looks set to start at right-back.

The only other injury absentees are midfield duo Owen Hargreaves and Paul Scholes as United look to book a place in the last 16 with victory over the SPL champions.

Good to see Foster getting his chance. If he does well enough he could displace VDS

118cmal

How do we see us lining out tonight guys?  According to the media Brown and Neville are out, so Rafael should start at RB I would like to see Evans given more time as well, maybe resting Vidic, but can't see Fergie starting him.  Up front I think Rooney and Tevez may start.  Berba has started the last 8 I think, so would be good to see tevez and rooney together again.  Looks like Foster in nets  Think we'll line out something like this: 

Foster

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcer Park

Tevez Rooney

Minder

"Fergie to boycott Sky over Rooney criticism"

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4457587,00.html

Surley the Sky pundits should realise Fergie is paying their wages and they are answerable to him. Who is there left for him to fall out with?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on November 05, 2008, 02:43:35 PM
"Fergie to boycott Sky over Rooney criticism"

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4457587,00.html

Surley the Sky pundits should realise Fergie is paying their wages and they are answerable to him. Who is there left for him to fall out with?

You couldn't make it up. ;D

corn02

If, and that is a big if, true, Fergie is losing the plot a bit. Makes Joe Kinnear look like Max Clifford.

lurganblue

those nasty journo's/pundits shouldnt be allowed to have opinions!!  >:(  ::)

full back

under the bar

QuoteSir Alex Ferguson is reportedly refusing to speak to Sky Sports after two of the station's pundits dared to criticise Wayne Rooney's recent behaviour.

Deffo the truth if alleged on Football365.   

You'll find allegations that SteveG isn't a cheat on there as well if you look hard enuff!  ;D

EC Unique

BBC insulted him and they no longer get interviews so why not sky. As long as it has no effect on results I could not care less. 8)