Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champ15

From todays Irish Mirror:

Manchester United are trying to sign the hottest property in Turkish football.

Sercan Yildirim has lit up the Turkish Super League this season and caught Sir Alex Ferguson's eye with four goals in five games for Bursaspor.

£5m-rated Yildirim, 18, said: "I've had many offers but United have contacted my family and the president of the club.

Anyone hear of this kid or if thers truth behind it?
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

J70

Quote from: 118cmal on October 02, 2008, 02:42:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 02, 2008, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on October 02, 2008, 02:23:40 PM
I totally agree champ15.  Nani's delivery is brutal at times.  I know that everyone sometimes delivers poorly but Nani consistently fails to beat the first man.  Its very frustrating to watch  >:(

But fergie generally isnt wrong about players so hopefully he'll improve with time.

Ronaldo and Giggs weren't great at the crosses in their early days either.

Fortunately I cannot remember Giggs' early days  :P but i dont think ronaldo was as bad!

The one thing i will say though is that ronaldo got a steady run of games in his early days.  Whereas nani has had giggs and park for competition, ronaldo had a free reign (maybe fletcher and kleberson his opposition??)

I remember Giggs' early days well, and for quite a long time, brilliant as he was, his final pass was considered to be, at the very least, inconsistent, particularly when it came to crossing. Ronaldo was probably more criticized for overdoing things when he was younger, but up until about 2005, he used to get criticized for his end product too, but I suppose that was all part of the same problem. I'm not saying Nani will ever become the players Ronaldo and Giggs did, but it can take wingers a while to perfect that part of their game. Personally, I think crossing (as in consistent, quality crossing, like Beckham or Figo) is one of the hardest skills in the game anyway.

ExiledGael

Wouldn't argue with that J70 but Nani has a ridiculous urge to turn inside and shoot every time. Just really infuriating with so many simple passes on he seems to ignore.

maxpower

unfortunately i too remember Giggs' early days and yes his crossing wasn't great, don't think it every truely developed in a really strong asset, certainly not too the level Beckham, Neville or even Irwin produced regularly.  I think its often said the faster you run with the ball the more difficult it is too get quality at the end of it.

I do believe Ronaldo was always quality in delievering crosses, remember his debut against bolton he whipped 6/7 fantastic crosses with both feet.  Did and continues to overplay the ball at times but when he uses it, it tends to be quality.

I am not anywhere near convinced Nani can be a world class footballer, quite often i think he contribute less than what Richardson would have
What happens next????

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ExiledGael on October 02, 2008, 05:36:38 PM
Wouldn't argue with that J70 but Nani has a ridiculous urge to turn inside and shoot every time. Just really infuriating with so many simple passes on he seems to ignore.

He predominantly is right footed (& has scored a few with those cut in's) – playing on the left most of the time, it's understandable that he cuts in.

Think he's getting harsh criticism on here. Fergie has always asked the player to express himself, he's never asked any of his more elaborate players to tone it down!

However, I do think he could become more a team player, this will come with age & Maturity, I'm sure. – I'm glad we have him!

Abble

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on October 03, 2008, 07:50:55 AM
He predominantly is right footed (& has scored a few with those cut in's) – playing on the left most of the time, it's understandable that he cuts in.

Think he's getting harsh criticism on here. Fergie has always asked the player to express himself, he's never asked any of his more elaborate players to tone it down!

However, I do think he could become more a team player, this will come with age & Maturity, I'm sure. – I'm glad we have him!

Goats you are surely part of the the backroom team for Utd or a scout or sometihing !?

The Real Laoislad

For the second week running United's first goal of the game shouldn't have been allowed  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 04, 2008, 10:17:20 PM
For the second week running United's first goal of the game shouldn't have been allowed  ::)

Its a sick world LL..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

When are you going to realise that 9 times out of 10 the man in the middle favours United.

corn02

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on October 05, 2008, 12:20:52 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 05, 2008, 12:06:15 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2008, 10:54:21 PM
Just saw it. What was wrong?

There was a foul on the Goalie imho
Its not your opinion LL, its fact

Sure they would have probably scored later on in the game anyways,The goal didn't change the pattern the game was being played in  ::) Sure a goal doesn't make a difference to a game and how teams play  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2008, 10:24:09 PM
When are you going to realise that 9 times out of 10 the man in the middle favours United.

It would be funny if it wasn't true. ;D