Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Quote from: fred the red on May 10, 2008, 11:38:52 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on May 10, 2008, 11:31:57 AM

Here's hoping for the best tomorrow, but i just feel the team selection at Stamford Bridge has left it all hanging on a knife edge, when the reality is that we should already have won this.

Whos to say that Utd's best team would have got points at the bridge?

Come tomorrow night, the Premiership trophy will be in Manchester.

I didn't say that United's best team would have got the points against Chelsea. I said i believed they would have got at least a point.
Even with the team that he did put out, they came within 5 minutes of getting a point, as poorly as they played.

Don't tell me that we wouldn't have been better equipped for that game with Evra, Scholes, Tevez and a full game from Ronaldo.

I hope you're right about where the trophy will be tomorrow night. My point is that it should have been there for the past week.

Carmen Stateside

Why would United be worried about Wigan? Should be a rout for them, and any of the lads needing a run out for a medal should get in second half!

full back

Hope Utd go all out for victory from the start tomorrow & dont try and keep it tight for the 1st 30 mins. When Fergie adopts this approach I feel it puts us on the back foot & find it hard to get our shape back.
Rooney will probably be on the bench, but hopefully Utd dont need him.
Think I might change the title of the thread today ;)

EC Unique

Hopefully you will have to change it again in a couple of weeks ;)

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 10, 2008, 12:54:23 PM
Why would United be worried about Wigan? Should be a rout for them, and any of the lads needing a run out for a medal should get in second half!

I wish I had your confidence Carmen Stateside, but hopefully UTD can do the business tomorrow.
They should have fielded a stronger side against Chelsea, but sure that its the past now.
Just shows how important the draws were against Blackburn and Boro before that.
In your Endo!

Norf Tyrone

United have a two footer to win it on the 18th green. They'll not miss.

I even see that Wigan have give them a putting green to play on!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

People

have confidence, i usually crap myself for these type of games, but calm and relaxed at the minute. I was going to go to the game and go in with the Wigan support, but the thought of united scoring and me jumping up and down like an idiot and getting a kicking brought a bit of self preservation.

1-3 but Wigan to score first
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hoof Hearted

saw an interesting statistic today which should please any of you utd fans who believe in omens
since 2000/2001 if real won the spanish league, man u won the prem, if barca won la liga, chelsea won the prem and if valencia won it, arsenal won in england !!
real clinched the league last week so get your houses on the red devils tomorrow
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

J70

I cannot see anything but a United win here. They just have too much quality to mess it up. It might be tight, but they'll get the one or two goals they need. The only way I couldn't see United winning is by Wigan staging a late smash-and-grab draw like they did at Anfield and Stamford Bridge if United are only leading by a goal towards the end.

Square Ball

here we go with a question to keep you going for a while,

name 4 players who have played for Barcelona and Man Utd

Doogie Browser

Pique did not play for Barcelona first team, the other was Laurent Blanc.

ONeill

BBC

Some breaking news... Wigan are reporting that 100 envelopes containing tickets for today's crucial game against Manchester United have disappeared in the post and are thought to have been stolen. The Wigan fans involved are turning up the game regardless but are being denied entry, despite having proof of purchase.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

I'm getting really nervous now and will be until the final whistle goes at Stamford Bridge and the JJB. I predict a 2-0 win for United, but Wigan will hold out for a long time and it'll be a testing day for the heart I imagine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Square Ball

Nemanja Vidic and Wayne Rooney - who was rated extremely doubtful with a hip injury - both return to the Manchester United line-up. Cristiano Ronaldo, Carlos Tevez and Rooney form the attack ahead of a midfield of Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick and Ji-Sung Park.

from the BBC

Square Ball