Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Tyson

Quote from: gallsman on August 16, 2023, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: Mike Tyson on August 16, 2023, 12:56:49 PM
Maguire perfectly entitled to stay and receive his wages while sitting on the bench and not playing. Football no different to any other workplace in that you'll get employees with no motivation to better themselves and coast along collecting their wage.

You'd think with a euro's coming up, regular first team football and securing his England spot would be the priority over money but obviously not.

If I was in a workplace were I effectively got demoted twice (losing captaincy & first team place)and told there was no plans for me, I'd be fairly eager to move on regardless of money owed. Maybe it's different when you're a multimillionaire.

He's hardly coasting along. I assume he turns up to training and gives nothing less than 100% every time. The choice not to play him is the club's. Nothing to do with his "motivation to better himself", whatever the f**k that means in this context.

Of course he is coasting along lol. Sitting on the bench collecting 200k a week is coasting along, regardless if it is the clubs choice not to play him.

'Motivation to better themselves' in this context = play first team football & therefore an England spot, not that hard to understand  ;)

gawa316

He hasn't been playing regularly for 18 odd months and southgate still picks him. I don't see that changing as there is no real competition at CB

statto

Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2023, 02:57:28 PM
He hasn't been playing regularly for 18 odd months and southgate still picks him. I don't see that changing as there is no real competition at CB
If Colwill nails a regular spot at Chelsea and Poch has them moving well he could well be the answer to play as the left sided centre half alongside Stones. 

Captain Scarlet

Is Lewis Dunk not on the left now at Brighton? Surely him and White at Arsenal have to get in ahead of him.
I know he's on mad money but it's not like he'd be on anything less than 150k a week with West Ham?
United is a toxic place for him now.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

clarshack

Seeing stuff on social media about Antony and domestic abuse allegations.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on August 18, 2023, 11:33:18 PM
Seeing stuff on social media about Antony and domestic abuse allegations.

Well if it's on social media  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

The allegations were reported months ago.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2023, 02:00:29 PM
The allegations were reported months ago.

So investigation now?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

He was quizzed by the Brazilian police in June, whether it will go any further.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 19, 2023, 03:45:26 PM
He was quizzed by the Brazilian police in June, whether it will go any further.

I remember reading about it months ago that such allegations had dates of things that happened in Brazil even though he was in England at the time. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ghost

He'll probably make a few errors during the season and that probably comes with the territory but Onana's ability on the ball really shows just how limited De Gea was. His ability to pick a pass is top class for a keeper.

Thought that was a penalty too but as MR2 says these things even themselves out over the season, so we can move on from the wolves one now   ;)

Ghost

Aaron Boone

First two games been very lame by Manchester United.

Jamie Carragher identified Casemiro as weak v Wolves last week.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ghost on August 19, 2023, 07:14:13 PM
So poor 2nd half

Very disjointed after what was a decent 1st half.  While Sky was talking up Tottenham I don't think they were overly great either gave away a number of big chances through out the game that a more clinical team than United wouldn't have wasted. Poor 2nd half by United summed up by the two goals conceded whereby full backs switching off, lucky deflection on the opener and Martinez putting it into his own net for the 2nd goal.

stiffler

Roy Keane - Utd are the new spurs.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009